Best Brewery Tour Experiences

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by 1009, Jun 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghostfacekilla69

ghostfacekilla69 Savant (1,127) Sep 15, 2007 Virginia

I've been on somewhere approaching 100 brewery tours around the world, and I would have to say that these are my favorites. I tend to hugely value one that ends at a brewery taproom where you can sort of go at it, but not all of these have that feature.

- Hook Norton is the absolute best. They have something for everyone. Great real ale, historic building with steam engine, horses, good food, and ends with a free tasting at the brewery taproom.

-Erdinger's beer is somewhat mediocre IMO, but the brewery tour is great. The building is impressive with a computerized robo-warehouse. And they have an all you can drink and eat period at the end of the tour. They also gave my partner and I a sixer each to take-away as a Christmas present since we went close-ish to Christmas.

-Kneitinger is a beautiful historic brewery with amazing beer, great food, and a great space. They will let you drink beer straight from the tank on the tour. It was sort of a toss-up between this one and Ayinger, but I think this one edges it.

A few other great ones that don't quite deserve a write-up are Fuller's, Jester King, Dubrovnik Brewing Company, and August Schell.

*EDIT -- Someone mentioned Cantillon and I realized I left out that gem.

#81 ghostfacekilla69, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    ChicagoJ and PapaGoose03 like this.
  2. dugly2ugly

dugly2ugly Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2010 Maryland
    Trader

Saw a few mentions of Sam Adams. Kind of lucked out with our experience - long story short my wife got a Sam Adams sponsored entry to the Boston Marathon. As part of "Team Sam Adams" we got a private brewery tour the day before the race. TBH, the tour wasn't that different than their standard outside of the commemorative glass, but still fun with samples and an entertaining guide. The difference was the open bar tab after the tour - good for me, somewhat of a waste for the wife running the next day.

Not part of the tour, but also got an invite to their post-race, private reception at Fenway, also with an open bar of a few of their beers.

Redrover and PapaGoose03 like this.
  3. pjbear05

pjbear05 Pundit (770) May 28, 2008 Florida

I've done 4 tours of Funky Buddha in Oakland Park, FL. Usually get 3-4 samples of something interesting each tour. Suspended now due to Covid. If things are open in MI in September plan to visit Founder's and Bell's.

PapaGoose03 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.