1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

NBS BIF #12: Estonian Ticks and Rocket Balls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Roguer, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WunderLlama

WunderLlama Grand Pooh-Bah (4,486) Dec 27, 2010 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

2. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Grand Pooh-Bah (4,878) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Damn, @WunderLlama Wicked Christmas hit!

Pinz412, ovaltine, Roy_Hobbs and 5 others like this.
  3. 2beerdogs

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

[​IMG]

Pinz412, ovaltine, Dimidiata and 6 others like this.
  4. 2beerdogs

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

[​IMG]

Pinz412, ovaltine, Dimidiata and 7 others like this.
  5. Roguer

Roguer Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,757) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

By "pairing" I'm assuming you're referring to whom I am sending beer - not the BIF official pairings. While the rules for the mini-BIF might be relaxed, I did, indeed, manage to avoid any same-state or adjacent-state pairings. :grinning:

Now, if you were referring to my target plus my additional victim, you may be onto something.

I might also have other hints about where I've lived that should really, really help define the geography to which I'm referring. :wink:

2beerdogs, Pinz412, ovaltine and 8 others like this.
  6. woemad

woemad Grand Pooh-Bah (5,145) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Had a feeling it might be you. As of when I left for work late this a.m., the mail hadn't arrived but sounds like there might be something awaiting me when I get home!
    Cheers!

Pinz412, ovaltine, TongoRad and 7 others like this.
  7. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,186) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hint #®™: I previously discussed flying to one state then driving to my target's state. It was to attend a wedding. The airport I flew into was in a city of approximately 100,000 people.

2beerdogs, Pinz412, ovaltine and 9 others like this.
  8. WunderLlama

WunderLlama Grand Pooh-Bah (4,486) Dec 27, 2010 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Don’t know where you once lived @Roguer , but, you knew about beer’d and that is not in a convenient location to most in the nutmeg state ...

2beerdogs, Pinz412, ovaltine and 9 others like this.
  9. woemad

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Gonna try and ship to my target later this week, but it may have to wait until Monday. I have a little more R&D drinking to do l, plus I just about wiped out my packing supplies with that ninja box to @beertunes. I'm finding you can't overestimate how much longer things can take to accomplish when you're doing them via public transportation.

Pinz412, ovaltine, TongoRad and 9 others like this.
  10. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,553) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hey people. Been out of the loop a bit. Had to do a bit of uwanted travel- drive to NC. As many may know already Dad passed away. I will be trying to participate over the next couple weeks more frequently. Should have a box out in a week to 10 days. Cheers and talk to you soon.

11. tasterschoice62

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Im 35 minutes away...

Roguer, Pinz412, ovaltine and 4 others like this.
  12. Roguer

Roguer Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,757) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I have several Beer'd anniversary glasses. Whether or not that speaks to where I may have lived is up to interpretation. Plus, Beer'd is about 15 minutes away from Grey Sail in Rhode Island, two hours away from New York, maybe an hour from Worcester, MA ... I mean, any of those states could be in play (or maybe that's all a red herring).

And certainly I know all that off the top of my head by coincidence. :wink:

Pinz412, ovaltine, TongoRad and 7 others like this.
  13. tasterschoice62

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Malt Extracts. This is a clue...btw.

#3453 tasterschoice62, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    Pinz412, ovaltine and Roguer like this.
  14. woemad

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Saw your posts on WBAYDN. You have my condolences. My folks are still possessing tremendous vitality, but they're undeniably getting on in years, so I'm trying to always remember there's a finite number of times I'll be able to talk to them, and then that's it.

15. woemad

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Found a box on my doorstep after getting off work.
    [​IMG]
    After eating dinner and drinking a Kung Fu Death Monkey, I beheld the following:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There's nothing that is not new to me here.
    With the exception of the three beers I've had from Cigar City, Florida is a blank slate to me, beer-wise, so I'm stoked to get into these at the first opportunity (yes, I know Bruery isn't from FL, but I've had a shockingly low number of beers from them, so I'm excited to get something from them, too).
    I can't thank you enough for this box, @FrankenMiller!
    Cheers!

16. Dimidiata

Dimidiata Pundit (812) Jul 14, 2017 California
    Trader

You are correct! It might have been slightly less obvious if Wunderllama's incredibly in-depth description of my home town wasn't right after my hints, but hey, that's how it goes.

Lily and Wilbur obviously smelled the dog treats I'm going to send. Dog noses are very powerful. (Do either one of them have any food allergies?)

And now we need to have an important conversation. A conversation about coconut. Are you 100% against coconut in stouts? Because I hate hate hate coconut in food, but in beer, specifically stouts, when it's done right, I love it. Not every brewery gets it right, but Modern Times does. You might have seen some of our other BIF participants talking about MT stouts I ninja'd at them, and I didn't even send them the reeeeeal good stuff. The stuff with coconut in it. I mean, I know 27lbs/bbl seems like a lot of coconut but I swear to you it's delightful.

But if you are truly against the coconuts (or allergic or something), I'll just not send it. But really, I think it's worth a try if you are willing. Or have someone to share with in case you don't like it.

2beerdogs, Pinz412, ovaltine and 7 others like this.
  17. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Savant (1,170) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

All of those were picked up at the breweries the past week or so. Some local Orlando Favorites of mine as well as 3 Sons from South FL and Civil Society. Enjoy....

2beerdogs, Pinz412, ovaltine and 7 others like this.
  18. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Savant (1,170) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

also, I have no clue who my sender is...

19. Whyteboar

Whyteboar Grand Pooh-Bah (3,380) Jun 7, 2008 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Join the club!

20. tasterschoice62

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I have lived in 7 states. My target may (or may not) be living in one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.