Other Half Brewing (2022)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by FL0, Jan 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyJuicebox

JonnyJuicebox Zealot (666) Jun 3, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Saw a couple OH cans available in Boston...does anyone know if distro is going to be a more common thing? A 4 pack was 26 fucking bucks so I politely declined

2. stairway2heavn

stairway2heavn Zealot (722) Aug 17, 2017 New Jersey

They've been distributing a while now in CT NJ NY (state) and PA. A lot of the stuff is from DC. The stamp on the bottom of the can will give a date and a location though. BK is most consistent followed by FLX. As to the price, here in NJ I see ACE and other DIPAs at 21.99 to 22.99 a four pack and signs ipas at 19.99 usually. That's retailer markup you have or distributor, which I bet changes once it sits too long.

fdonnelly and MattInBklyn like this.
  3. stairway2heavn

stairway2heavn Zealot (722) Aug 17, 2017 New Jersey

Anyone picking up citra strata? Strong opinions on recent batches or at least other dual hop beers? I usually stick to core beers and maybe a collab if you guys are crazy about it, but it's an annoying drive so i prefer to not running in for mediocre stuff with the toll booth markup.

Xerlic, fdonnelly and rozzom like this.
  4. SpinSamzo

SpinSamzo Maven (1,264) Mar 11, 2017 New York
    Trader

I guess the Anniversary celebration will start in a week or two and the Anniversary release will happen the last weekend in January or first weekend in February. I still have a case worth of beer that I have to finish up to make space :grimacing:

#24 SpinSamzo, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  5. Peterock27

Peterock27 Zealot (674) Oct 4, 2016 New York
    Trader

And will we start seeing re-brews of all the hyped collabs of the past over the next few weeks? That sometimes makes it difficult to make room for the actual anniversary. Lol

dleurf and algebeeric_topology like this.
  6. rozzom

rozzom Pooh-Bah (2,534) Jan 22, 2011 New York
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Everyone chill the fuck out. a) I’m [against my will] doing dry January, and b) at this rate we will blast past 34 pages. 2.8 posts per day please.

jaysker95, frozyn, Xerlic and 7 others like this.
  7. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Maven (1,269) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Really making my dry January hard. Is it me or does their anniversary seem to shift every year? Either way I am for sure picking up the new anny beer but prob only get a rebrew that I really loved the first go round

ColdOne, FL0, Feaor and 6 others like this.
  8. Xerlic

Xerlic Maven (1,374) Aug 26, 2016 New York
    Trader

How do people do dry January and then go to a website specifically about beer? Actually, how do people do dry January?

9. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Maven (1,269) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

I was bored in a meeting earlier so I found myself reading some threads here, ha. I will say when I was sick and had surgery in 2020 I specifically stayed off BA and several other related things just because I knew it was going to be a pretty long time before I would be able to have beer. I am trying dry Jan right now, we will see how it pans out

10. SpinSamzo

Trader

Why do dry January when February has 28 days

11. rozzom

rozzom Pooh-Bah (2,534) Jan 22, 2011 New York
    Pooh-Bah Trader

It’s like a month’s worth of foreplay. That first beer is going to be intense.

Wife decision. I know I’ve moved away but surely people haven’t forgotten how under the thumb I am.

Case in point - my wife’s birthday is in February….

12. SpinSamzo

Trader

Hold up hold up...you have...a...wife???

13. FL0

FL0 Aspirant (251) Jun 24, 2020 New York

[​IMG]

Since when?!!! And why didn't you make an announcement???

#33 FL0, Jan 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  14. SeanEDPBK

SeanEDPBK Zealot (729) Jun 8, 2016 New York

Has anybody tried Citra+Strata and if so why haven't you already informed everyone here if its any good?

15. Genuine

Genuine Maven (1,313) May 7, 2009 Connecticut

Just tried Vapor rings for the first time. I'm a huge fan of their beers however this one was very heavy on the wheat/oat flavor. Anyone else experience that?

16. afroskully

afroskully Savant (1,094) Aug 24, 2016 New York
    Trader

I'm currently aging a 4 pack in my fridge. for the next 50 minutes.

fdonnelly, Xerlic, SeanEDPBK and 5 others like this.
  17. afroskully

Trader

Actually tastes a bit hot, but I get the feeling this is going to settle down and will be amazing in a week or so.

18. SeanEDPBK

SeanEDPBK Zealot (729) Jun 8, 2016 New York

Nice- I got impatient and ran over to get a 4 pack.

While I agree that it is def a touch "hot" now, it will also certainly peak in flavor intensity prior to February 1st. I repeat: anyone who wants to enjoy Citra+Strata, the best beer Other Half has brewed so far this year, will need to drink it before January is over.

I had a rant about the awful bicycle parking situation but will save that for another post, #34plus.

19. afroskully

Trader

oh yeah. Totally. You must drink this beer in January.

20. algebeeric_topology

algebeeric_topology Pooh-Bah (2,028) Dec 30, 2014 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I don't know that I've ever seen/heard a BIKE parking rant though it actually makes a lot of sense given how many bikes I've seen with lock chains that look wrapped around each other. Please don't keep me wanting.

CreightonSM, FL0 and fdonnelly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.