Tired Hands Founder Left Amid Allegations of Toxicity; Now He's Back Against Workers' Wishes

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by thebeers, Jun 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eurotrashed

eurotrashed Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Pennsylvania

Did his account get deleted or just the post?

His reply didn't have much, i think he just claimed that Jean and the staff are right wing, how Jean has been a long time 2A supporter and that Jean bankrolls the "Ardmore police" pension fund. Here is the original for others to enjoy.

[​IMG]

#21 eurotrashed, Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  2. William_Navidson

William_Navidson Maven (1,451) May 1, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I mean… I’m as anti-Jean as anyone in this most recent back-and-forth but even I can acknowledge that there’s a good chance this is either an ironic joke or just plainly wrong lol.

JayORear likes this.
  3. TomFoley

TomFoley Pundit (933) Mar 19, 2005 Pennsylvania

that's a whole lot of WTAF.

JayORear likes this.
  4. JayORear

JayORear Grand Pooh-Bah (3,034) Feb 22, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It's been said elsewhere, but now that Other Half is back to a pretty high level of quality, there's really almost no reason to buy/ship NEIPAs from Tired Hands any more. I'll miss Punge and Grassman, but not enough to support this bullshit.

5. eurotrashed

eurotrashed Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Pennsylvania

I haven't bought TH in over a year. I'll pick up Other Half, Levante locally if I want a good IPA.

It took me a long time to warm up to Tired Hands. I met Jean when he was a brewery at Iron Hill. He always seemed so full of himself and an asshole. I knew a lot of people that didn't like him. The beers they brewed at the Brew Cafe at first were like home brew beers. I swear Hop Hands used to be much clearer and had some sort of crystal or caramel malt in it. I think i went once or twice and then didnt drink their beers for years. He must have hired someone with some talent to develop the beers as the beers became good after they opened Fermentaria.

#25 eurotrashed, Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    JayORear likes this.
  6. Chroma914

Chroma914 Zealot (599) Oct 13, 2006 Pennsylvania

100% agree. With Other Half's prices being around the same as Hands, sometimes less, and the quality being, IMO, far superior nowadays, I just don't bother with buying Tired Hands. And for what it's worth, the staff at OH Philly since day 1 have been some of the nicest staff I've ever encountered at a brewery, which is something I could never say for Tired Hands.

My local craft bar gets TH kegs and cans from time to time and if I'm there, I'll sample to see if the quality has improved, but my days of buying TH cans regularly is over.

Also, another small thing to highlight - a buddy of mine bought a 4 pack of Church during the anniversary weekend and noticed that it now has a barcode on the label. I'm guessing they're prepping on shipping out cans to distro, finally. Not really surprised when they have cans sitting at Ferm and Stoners for weeks at a time, but figured that was a small nugget worth sharing.

JayORear likes this.
  7. atlhilbo

atlhilbo Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2013 Illinois

Yeah living in fishtown I can go to OH,HR or St Oners for cans and 9/10 times I am not choosing St Oners. Their beers just haven’t been as good as the others

JayORear likes this.
  8. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Grand High Pooh-Bah (8,245) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yeah, you can't wait 13 months and now claim the accusations were false and the Tired Hands' public statements about changes were actually never supposed to be made. Plus, saying a brewpub 400 miles away is their competition is laughable.

All of the PR guy quotes sound like they came from the over-the-top smarmy corporate antagonist that showed up in every cheesy 1980's movie.

JayORear, meefmoff, Sheppard and 7 others like this.
  9. rightcoast7

rightcoast7 Maven (1,294) Apr 2, 2011 Maine
    Trader

Imagine being a public relations consultant so bad at your job that you actually thought those many (way, way too many) quotes you gave to the Inquirer were helpful to your client. Holy shit that was a cringey read.

#29 rightcoast7, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    meefmoff, Xerlic, JayORear and 5 others like this.
  10. thebeers

thebeers Grand Pooh-Bah (5,393) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

11. OGShotzy

OGShotzy Maven (1,298) Oct 5, 2014 Pennsylvania

I will continue to buy my beer from other breweries. You will not see me going to Ardmore Ave. or Cricket Terrace anytime soon.

JayORear and Chroma914 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.