Tree House Brewing (2022)

Discussion in 'New England' started by Greyvtrayn, Jan 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdOne

ColdOne Savant (1,142) Jan 19, 2013 New York
    Trader

Tree House put Bud in your order? I’d be mad, too. Then again, if I drove from another state I’d probably check my order before I drove away.

Rug and MattOC like this.
  2. lic217

lic217 Pooh-Bah (2,066) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Just because you would doesn’t mean you should have too. World class brewery. lol…

3. ColdOne

Trader

So how about some specifics? How exactly did you get burned on your trip to Tree House?

4. BRoweski30

BRoweski30 Devotee (359) Sep 10, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

I have never left Tree House with an order that wasn’t reviewed with me by someone who works there. Their customer service is on point. This seems like horse shit.

rightcoast7, darkandhoppy and MattOC like this.
  5. colby600

colby600 Pooh-Bah (1,919) Mar 24, 2015 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I've had mistakes on a handful of orders, but they rectified it after I let then know. Then can go over the order by pointing to the cans, but that doesn't mean it's actually the correct cans unless they're pulled out of the box. I wouldn't be okay with them switching out anything (Kola) without my permission even if the value of the item was higher.

6. MrEff

MrEff Devotee (339) Mar 21, 2017 Massachusetts

So @lic217 what happened to you in between these posts? Who hurt you? It's been barely over 2 weeks. You go from the guy who hasn;t been to the new place at all and looking forward to the visit, to the one telling us they screw up all the time (which, like, they really don't, and they literally go thru every order with every customer when they pick up in Charlton) and mock both them as a world class brewery as well us as, their customers, for buying from said brewery.

Are you trolling, drunk, or what?

Rug, rightcoast7, Jbrews and 4 others like this.
  7. cdinardo21

cdinardo21 Pundit (828) Oct 29, 2019 Pennsylvania
    Trader

A premium? Hahaha

8. lic217

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Basing it off other posters. Think it’s ridiculous that people drive their, pay top dollar, and they mess up their orders. Not sure I go now. If I do, I will check my cans…

9. MattOC

MattOC Pooh-Bah (2,100) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I think it’s good to gather input from others and their experiences on here. However, we are the vocal minority. To have a few examples of mistaken orders be your determining factor on going to a brewery or not, if you’re interested in checking it out yourself especially having never been, seems silly.

A few mistakes here and there are going to happen. No employee is perfect nor is the operation. They process thousands of orders. I’d argue no one does more to go business than them. As others have pointed out and in my experience, I have never left without an employee going over my receipt and physical order in front of me. I then check my order again as I’m putting it not my car. If you’re driving a distance - just over a hour each way for me - and likely spending a good amount of money on your beer order to drive that distance - you’d be silly not to double check everything.

As for the pricing, it’s an overblown argument imo. Plenty of places charge more for a lesser product. They highlighted Green a bit ago, at it’s scale and quality, and being able to keep it at $15.20 a 4-pack for a great IPA.

I hope you decide to go. You should go and draw your own conclusion from your experience.

#869 MattOC, Jun 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    Rug, Mikecap, rightcoast7 and 4 others like this.
  10. ColdOne

Trader

From your angry posts I figured you had personally been burned. Man, life is way too short to hold grudges for other people. Especially virtual randos.

Beardaxe, Rug and DrStiffington like this.
  11. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Pundit (783) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

I double check my order before I leave, which seems a fair price to pay for how fast they move through the line now. I’ll gladly spend an extra minute myself if it means they’re not tacking that minute onto every order in front of me.

12. cdinardo21

cdinardo21 Pundit (828) Oct 29, 2019 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I've been to Fiden's twice - they screwed up my order 50% of the time. And I double checked - and they made it right - and gave me a few beers to apologize - which they didn't have to do - people make mistakes - for such a large operation, the number of mistakes I've run into at Tree are minimal - this conversation is bizarre to me.

ColdOne likes this.
  13. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Grand Pooh-Bah (3,459) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

The Tree House thread is back!

Thank you @lic217.

Rug, Ryanwithacomb, Piels25 and 4 others like this.
  14. lic217

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Good response. Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

15. Mgh2001

Mgh2001 Crusader (444) Dec 3, 2021
    Trader

Solo’d vanilla bean tree of truth yesterday, phenomenal. Hoping it’s still in stock Wednesday.

16. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Grand Pooh-Bah (3,586) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society

I finally stopped at the location in Sandwich after having four previous opportunities and bailing. Glad I did. Easy detour when leaving the Cape in the morning. They brought my order right out and I was on my way. And they somehow got my order correct! To that dude complaining above, young people work retail and sometimes screw orders up, and in restaurants too. It’s not the end of the world! My only complaint is of myself for not ordering more beer but our car was pretty full.

17. ELS

ELS Pundit (957) Apr 22, 2012 Florida
    Trader

I’ll be in Boston the weekend of 7/8-7/11 with my family and can’t get away to visit one of the TH Breweries. Any ideas on how I can score a couple 4 packs? Any way I can hook up with someone going out there this weekend?

Sheppard likes this.
  18. MattOC

MattOC Pooh-Bah (2,100) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Trader

You could either set up a trade and or utilize the proxy forum. Tree House allows proxies so you could place an order and if you find someone heading out that way. They could pick up your order and bring it back for a meetup if you’re staying in the Boston area and they’re from/in the Boston area. I’m sure someone on here could be of assistance. Good luck.

Sheppard likes this.
  19. Jbrews

Jbrews Pooh-Bah (1,800) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

Mistake melon was better in Monson

20. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Grand Pooh-Bah (3,586) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society

If you like fruit purée added to a base beer, Cruise was a nice variant of Green. I could drink Green all day and would only want one or two of Cruise, but it works out since Cruise comes in a two pack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.