Sierra Nevada & Buffalo Trace Distillery release Colonel E.H. Taylor Bourbon Barrel-Aged Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by FBarber, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Giantspace

Giantspace Pooh-Bah (2,879) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Thanks for the heads up, local spot I go to shows in stock. Cost? I will find out soon.

Enjoy

ESHBG, Jaycase and AlcahueteJ like this.
  2. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Grand Pooh-Bah (3,181) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Best of luck here. I visited the SN Beer Finder earlier today and it stated my local Retail Beer Distributor has this beer in stock. I just got back from visiting the store and the fellow told me that they received 6 bottles a few days ago and all 6 got sold that day. I asked about the price: $27 (plus tax).

My local Retail Beer Distributor just received some Trillium beers (they were placed on the shelf 1/2 hour earlier). One of the four packs was priced at $28.00 (plus tax) and as I was eyeing up these beers a young lady picked up that four-pack. I said to her: "Boy, you are rich". Later the guy working the store told me she already purchased five other four-packs and came back to buy that one as well (one each of the various Trillium brands?). After she walked out the store the thought of "Did you win the Powerball?" popped into my head but it was too late then to say it. I have had Trillium beers several times in the past and I thought those beer were good but nowhere close to $28 a four-pack good.

Cheers!

3. Donco

Donco Pooh-Bah (1,615) Aug 12, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Please post if you find it in the area

4DAloveofSTOUT likes this.
  4. DIM

DIM Grand Pooh-Bah (4,134) Sep 28, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'd check the beerfinder jaycase posted. It looks like it's in a lot of places around Philly but I'm not willing to drive that far for more.

Donco likes this.
  5. TheMattJones88

TheMattJones88 Savant (1,218) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

Depending on what the beer is, the Trillium 4-pack cost at the brewery could be $24, so it might not be as much of a mark up as you think.

BMBCLT likes this.
  6. BigIronH

BigIronH Grand Pooh-Bah (3,718) Oct 31, 2019 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My 10 year Pappy aged Budweiser would like a word.

readyski likes this.
  7. IMFletcher

IMFletcher Pooh-Bah (2,418) May 2, 2014 Kentucky
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This sounds like a potential missed dating opportunity.

8. IrishMASMS

IrishMASMS Crusader (428) Oct 6, 2019 California
    Trader

Using that "find their beer" tool in the first post, there were 7 places that received this Bigfoot within 50 miles of me.

The Total Wine in Pleasant Hill received a case, and sold out yesterday.

That left a BevMo (sold out), and four (4) Safeways. One of those Safeways in Pleasanton had 6 left, now they have three after the three I took home. If you call and talk with their beer/wine guy named Robert, he can hook you up and hold you one. He helped out a guy who drove up from Silicon Valley this morning for a bottle.

Safeway list price is $37 plus tax & .10 CRV, if you have a Safeway card you get $7 off.

One place I did not call was the Safeway in Alamo - so they may still have some as well, or they may be sold out. Best call first.

Happy hunting!

[​IMG]

#168 IrishMASMS, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  9. John_M

John_M Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,275) Oct 25, 2003 Washington
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Mmmmm.... 10 year old pappy aged bud. Don't tease me.

PapaGoose03, FBarber and BigIronH like this.
  10. thuey

thuey Pooh-Bah (1,681) Nov 13, 2015 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Well technically there isn't a 10-year Pappy...

Hoppedelic likes this.
  11. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Maven (1,389) Nov 29, 2006 Colorado
    Trader

Cool idea, label, brand, name, everything! But damn this is gonna hurt my wallet I have a feeling... (If I can find some.)

12. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Grand Pooh-Bah (3,862) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

At this point, you'll likely have to trade for it or buy it on secondary.