Most scenic brewery you have been to...

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by jonphisher, May 26, 2023.

1. jonphisher

jonphisher Grand Pooh-Bah (3,436) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

From their site....

Good beer, good food, good view...sounds good to me...

2. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Pooh-Bah (2,397) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Great Valley Farm in Natural Bridge VA... you got great views of the Blue Ridge Mountains (i.e. hills to the Westerners on BA). Also good seating for the drive-thru safari somewhat next door.

3. bubseymour

bubseymour Grand Pooh-Bah (4,656) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I’ve been to at least 1/3 on that list and they did a great job overall. The FingerLakes NY breweries (for views) are all pretty amazing. I wouldn’t include the Alchemist however, as the actual brewery site for sitting out isn’t that spectacular. But Stowe area overall is great (as/is most of the entire state of Vermont. Would replace Alchemist with Foam Brewery with the back deck looking out over Lake Champlain with the Adirondacks in the background. Amazing sunsets.

4. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Grand Pooh-Bah (3,181) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

What are your thoughts concerning the quality of the beers? Is a visit to the Finger Lakes worthy from the quality of the beer perspective?

Cheers!

5. bubseymour

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Kinda a mix, but there are a few great ones. You have Other Half and Prison City on the north side of the lakes. The Beerocracy has the best English Mild/Bitter I’ve ever had. If you’ve never been there, I highly recommend, I’ve been 3x in last 7 years. My wife likes the wine in the region as well (and some of the most beautiful waterfalls on east coast are all around there.

6. slander

slander Pooh-Bah (2,324) Nov 5, 2001 New York
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society

I had the same thing happen to me when I was out there for the Festival of Dark Arts in '20.
    My friends screwed me out of seeing the Goonies Rock so I made them take me to de Garde.

7. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,282) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Well, part of that building is in the river now. Collapsed about a year ago. Too much weight on old pilings:

8. bubseymour

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Harpers Ferry definitely. That’s a million dollar view (and I’m scared to know how much they paid to acquire that real estate to put a brewery there. Only negative (same for Dirt Farm) is that they get such large crowds on nice weekends when DC people are out touring wine country it deters somewhat from the enjoyment. Don’t get me started on those Bachellorette party buses and how annoying they are. But I’ve been the Harpers Ferry on week day evenings and it was chill and enjoyable.

9. JackHorzempa

Pooh-Bah Society

The only person I have to blame is me; I simply forgot about it.

My wife and I visited on a weekend day (Saturday?) and they closed down a few streets to have an open air market sort of thing (luckily it was not raining) and we strolled through. Had lunch and beers at Buoy. It was not until we left that the 'lightbulb' went off and I remembered about the Goonies House:

[​IMG]

Cheers!

10. cavedave

cavedave Grand Pooh-Bah (4,145) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

While the quality of Gilded Otter beer has varied from decent, to very good, to meh, and who knows now that Clemson Bros.has taken over, and renamed them (it'll always be The Gilded Otter to me), but hard to top the view from the west side seating. It's right next to the Wallkill River and has a primo view of the Shawangunks that still brings me great joy, even without a beer in my hand. [​IMG]

11. BBThunderbolt

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

A few thoughts:

If you're going to Hood River, hit Pfriem instead of Full Sail. The beer is leagues better, and their spot is right by the river.

Haven't been to Two Goats (I'll be in that area in a few weeks, might try to stop in), but Wagner is in that area and has a great view.

Old Stove's view of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains is top shelf.

The article says about Top Wire "There’s no closer connection between agriculture and imbibing.". Well, Bale Breaker has their Yakima area brewery right smack dab in the middle of Field 41, one of the hop yards the family that owns the brewery ranches. The views are all hops, with some hills in the distance.

Haven't made it to Solera yet, but it's high on my list. I'd suggest going across the Columbia to White Salmon WA and visiting Everybody's Brewing. Their rooftop deck has stunning views of the river and Mt. Hood.

Pelican's location is awesome (next stop Japan!), but the food and beer are middle-of-the pack and overpriced.

San Juan Brewing in Friday Harbor WA doesn't have great views (it's right in town), but the ferry ride to get there and back takes you through the stunning San Juan Islands, and so is worthy of a mention.

12. JohnniEMc

JohnniEMc Pooh-Bah (1,956) Sep 5, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Until I travel more extensively, it's Warwick Farms Brewery in Jamison, PA. Rolling green hills in the rustic part of Bucks County make this a very pretty place to sit outside and try one of their generally excellent beers.

13. JackHorzempa

Pooh-Bah Society

I watched the video. Thank goodness nobody got hurt.

On the Buoy website they still show a taproom:

https://buoybeer.com/taproom/

Is just part of the building occupied for the taproom & brewing?

Cheers!

woemad and TwilightBeerCareer like this.
  14. JackHorzempa

Pooh-Bah Society

I am a BIG fan of pFreim beer

Visited the brewery in the middle of the week (a Wednesday) and it was around 2:00 and we still had to wait about an hour to be seated. We went across the street to Hood River Waterfront Park and watched the kitesurfers, etc. Not a bad wait, except I was thirsty. :beers:

Cheers!

15. BBThunderbolt

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

16. steveh

steveh Grand Pooh-Bah (4,030) Oct 8, 2003 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Huh. No mention of New Glarus. The brewery building alone is scenic, but its location was planned out very well among the rolling hills of south-central Wisconsin.

17. jesskidden

jesskidden Grand Pooh-Bah (3,071) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

That must be some good looking sandwich...:smiley:

18. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Grand Pooh-Bah (5,209) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Brouwerij West in the San Pedro Harbor is niceish for a somewhat industrial place. Palm trees are nice:
    [​IMG]

19. steveh

steveh Grand Pooh-Bah (4,030) Oct 8, 2003 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

JK pointed out my skim of post #12 -- I think post #11's image heavy info made me jump past. :wink:

Nevertheless -- New Glarus for the win! :wink:

20. dcotom

dcotom Grand Pooh-Bah (5,503) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This is on my to-do list. May wait until fall when the foliage is at its peak, though.