1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Sandy Hook Elementary LIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by cfh64, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2010 Illinois

Wow...5k.

For all of the negativity I've seen on here lately (real negativity, not ball-busting), this is very cool to watch.

10 days for 10k!

2. cfh64

cfh64 Pooh-Bah (1,996) Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Trader

We've had about 2 donations in the past 24 hours. Hopefully things will pick back up after New Years. Speaking of...Happy New Years to everyone!

3. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2008 California

shit I kept forgetting about this, finally remembered.

4. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

Don't forget that if you get the donations in today you can write them off on 2012 taxes. Means you can donate a bit more then you thought. That is if you itemize

5. badboy7113

badboy7113 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2011 Florida
    Trader

I will def be getting in on this at the end of this week. This is such a great idea and I actually cant believe how many people and how much you have gotten. That is just amazing!

6. cfh64

Pooh-Bah Trader

I know what you meant but just to make it clear I don't get anything, everyone donates directly to the charities. It should also be how much THEY have gotten and how much WE have donated :wink:

7. badboy7113

badboy7113 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2011 Florida
    Trader

Ha my bad...i meant how much participation you have gotten...sorry....started on the new years beer already!

8. NABS

NABS Initiate (0) May 11, 2011 Ohio

But don't downplay your role either. Whether it was just a spur to do something someone had already thought of but just didn't get around to or maybe they heard the news but then it slipped to the back of their minds as daily life and their own troubles took over to the (possible) few who just wanted to try for some beer, the fact that this thread exists played the largest part in the donations. While it's the contributors who deserve a TON of praise, don't forget that you do too.

Feel good cfh64, you done did an awesome thing right here.

9. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2011 Texas

Just saw this, will make a donation this week when I get paid, this is an AMAZING lif, really cool of everyone who set this up and sent in boxes.

10. dgugliuzza

dgugliuzza Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2009 Illinois

Donation made. This is a truly great thing being done here. I hope it continues to grow even more.

11. cfh64

Pooh-Bah Trader

Just in case anyone is wondering, donations have slowed to 3 in the past 24 hours. Be sure to let other BA's know what we're doing here and encourage them to donate :slight_smile:

12. Roger85

Roger85 Pundit (965) Aug 24, 2012 Illinois

Donation made and BM sent. This is an incredible thing that was started. A great idea and freaking amazing participation. Im not too active on the trading boards (not at all- yet), but I'm glad I ran across this last night. Cheers to cfh64 for starting it and Cheers to everyone who has participated in it. This is one pretty awesome community.

13. benjaminahudson

benjaminahudson Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2012 North Carolina

Any way we can get a bump to the front page from the bro's?

14. marine1975

marine1975 Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2009 North Carolina

Got in a small donation via PayPal to newtownmemorialfund@gmail.com

While I know he don't want it but, cfh64 deserves alot of props for getting and keeping this ball rolling.

Awesome job guys!

15. libbey

libbey Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 British Indian Ocean Territory
    Deactivated

I'll be donating on Friday after payday Brad

16. HipsterBrewfus

HipsterBrewfus Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2012 Maryland

I donated $10 to the Newton Parent Connection via the website. If I was supposed to do anything special, I was not aware.

*Edit another BA user agreed to send me something I really wanted and instead of asking for anything in return, suggested that perhaps I make a donation. I did, it feels good, and you don't need to consider me in the drawing to win anything, as I'm already getting something I want

17. benjaminahudson

benjaminahudson Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2012 North Carolina

take a screenshot of the donation and BM it to Brad.

18. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2010 California

19. JM03

JM03 Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2010 Ohio

We have to be inching closer to that 6k threshold. Remember that the person who's donation pushes us over 6k will get a box from me.

20. Tarheel4985

Tarheel4985 Initiate (0) Sep 14, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

This is a pretty incredible display of BA generosity. As a relatively new father (see pic on left), I can't fathom what the families have been going through. I'm thankful for guys like Brad and everyone else who donated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.