Your worst beer experience

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by RaulMondesi, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dope

Dope Pooh-Bah (2,751) Oct 5, 2010 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Nah, it's not as epic as it sounds. 60 shots in an hour is as you say, 5.6 pints of beer (roughly 7.5 12oz bottles). 7.5 light beers in an hour...meh. I did it several times when I was younger, and heavier. I just calculated my BAC for that feat, it would have been .086. That's barely above the legal drinking level.

Now, more recently, when I was lighter (by 50lbs) I did the 100 minute version and that sucked. Didn't puke, or come close to it, but it sucked. Calculating that BAC, it shows .175. That's pretty drunk.

200 minute one....forget it. That's 25 beers in 3h20min. No way. You'd have to puke or you'd probably be in trouble.

Dope

luwak likes this.
  2. leedorham

leedorham Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2006 Washington

What ABV did you use for that calculation?

3. Dope

Dope Pooh-Bah (2,751) Oct 5, 2010 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

I just did the standard 5%. I guess I was probably drinking bud light back then which is 4.2% so I may have even been legal to drive after doing the Power Hour. In fact I just recalculated it for 4.2% and it came out to only .071 BAC so yeah, within the legal limit (not that I would have). Granted, I weighed almost 300lbs back then, I'm only 217 now.

http://celtickane.com/projects/blood-alcohol-content-bac-calculator/ is what I used if you're curious.

Dope

WoodburyMN likes this.
  4. puboflyons

puboflyons Grand Pooh-Bah (4,225) Jul 26, 2008 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

Drinking a full 12 pack of PBR 30 years ago and making a mess of the inside of my friend's truck as a result...if you get my drift. I could handle it more today then I could then. Well, maybe not a full 12 pack.

5. 4thelvofbeer

4thelvofbeer Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2011 Virginia

Lost Rhino Brewery..in Northern Virginia.....the place sucks, the employees have no idea what customer service means, and their beer is absolute garbage!

6. Lucidious

Lucidious Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2012 California

I went to BevMo a few years back when I first started getting a taste for real beer. Thought they were some gem of beer stores and was run by connoisseurs... Picked up a bottle of Delirium Nocturnum. The label was peeling off a little and on some bottles had fallen off all together. "Well, it is a long road from Belgium!" I thought. Got home noticed the label glue had MELTED. "Hmm. Weird. Can't wait till it chills!"

The ensuing flavor left me dazed, confused, and quite ill.

7. Lucidious

Lucidious Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2012 California

I also drank a 1.5 Litres of a 2 litre growler of local beer that had been sitting in the fridge for about 3 months. Hallucinated like a son-of-a-bitch.

8. TNGabe

TNGabe Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2012 Tennessee

Oddly one of my best beer experiences was watching a stranger order a bottle of this at a bar, joking about how bad it was and that it would be $20, and then finding out he was right.

9. GeoffTBreashears

GeoffTBreashears Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

My first worst beer mistake was probably a Ranger IPA by New Belgium Brewing. IPA's just arent my thing. My second mistake was also a New Belgium Brew, 1554. I can appreciate some black ales, but this one just didn't do it for me. The taste I was left with was one of soy sauce and coffee.

10. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2011 Maryland

Southern Tier Jah-Va. Had it for dessert late one night and delt with a bout of horrible sweats and vomiting for a couple hours after. I knew something was off when I opened the bottle, but I'd never had it before so I gave it a go. Trust your instincts.

11. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

What do you mean by tube?

12. jds8411

jds8411 Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2008 California

Wild Blue. Saw it at my local bar but they were out. Bought a 6 pack to try and almost threw up. Dumped the rest. Went back to the bar a week later and told the owner how bad it was, he had already gotten rid of it.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/26049

13. jds8411

jds8411 Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2008 California

Actually. Worst experience ever was the night before Easter 4-5 years ago. Went to the local bar (Where we had a massive hookup) with a few friends. Spent the night drinking beer and doing shots. Woke up the next morning with a black eye. I guess I was using the bathroom at home, fell over into the bathtub and hit my face on the faucet. Worst part was we had family come over Easter Sunday.

14. jwwhitt

jwwhitt Aspirant (227) Mar 19, 2012 Indiana

In college I once bonged a can of Steel Reserve. But, I'm not sure that should really count as "beer."

15. NoSignsOfPain

NoSignsOfPain Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2011 California

On October 30, 2012, I drank what felt like unlimited amounts of Black Tuesday, vomited at least three times on the way home and woke up with the worst hangover.

:confused:

luwak, YaKnowBrady and kmatlack like this.
  16. squirrely2005

squirrely2005 Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2011 Texas

I feel like this thread turned into something it didn't mean to be. haha but I like it.
    About 3 weeks ago I threw up all over a mexican restaurants restroom. I think. It's kind of cool to try and remember since it feels like a movie. Next thing i remember is being in a bush on a different side of town then i thought I was and then my friend pulling up in his car and then waking up.
    I think the only other worst time was when i was 14 or 15 and chugged an MD 20/20 in about 10-15 minutes downtown(San Antonio). Shit was nuts.

17. hornsup

hornsup Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2012 Virginia

Had a specialty on tap at The River Company in Radford when I was at VT for the FSU game called Dark Angel and I almost died when I drank it. It was literally like they mixed 1/4 standard brown ale, 1/2 burnette's vodka, and 1/4 dog shit. It made me shameful I lived in the valley..maybe it was bc it was the first batch but still....taste your beers

18. dumptruckzzz

dumptruckzzz Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2010 Pennsylvania

it was really just my first drinking experience, I was with a bunch of friends who were older and they picked me up at my house and just kept saying "hey we got something really good for you to try you will love it" so they drove me out sort of in the woods next to this creek that the old guys used to fish in. Next thing i know they pull out this massive bottle or somethign and pour it in this giant glass and it looked like either black tar or serious butt juice.

basically they poured dark lord into a snifter. i was like why did they bring me to this creek to serve this beer to me but i really wasnt going to question it because it was honestly a good beer. after that we pounded a bunch of millers and i dont really remember any more about that night at the creek

19. dbfp210

dbfp210 Zealot (607) Jun 27, 2012 Pennsylvania

Yeah but there's puzzles on the caps!

20. DPMomutant

DPMomutant Pundit (798) Feb 10, 2004 Missouri

Before I found good beer, a buddy and I looked for cheap beer to supplement the liquor for New Years. We were lightweights and never got to the beer. Anyway, come June or so we need something to drink so we grab that Pabst Ice and cool it down a few minutes in the freezer and I swear we both spit that out faster than we took the first drink!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.