Everything Southern Star

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Ford, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ford

Ford Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2012 Texas

They are putting out more and more stuff... so I thought I'd start a thread... especially because...(I haven't seen one...and..)

I had Buried Hatchet on nitro today at Nobi Public House..... DIVINE! One of the best beers I've ever had.. I'm a fan of regular Buried Hatchet.. and I can't wait to try the BB Buried Hatchet.. but man.. this beer was so good and so velvety smooth... in fact.. I also had the BB Hellfighter on cask today.. and while I loved it.. I thought the Buried Hatchet nitro was better.... I'll be having this anytime I see it anywhere... so delicious.

dumptruck81 likes this.
  2. HKemhorns

HKemhorns Devotee (373) Apr 12, 2009 Texas

There were rumors of Pro Am '12 becoming a regular in their lineup. Any new news? It can't come soon enough.

3. Onslow

Onslow Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2007 Texas

4. Ford

Well.. they need an IPA in their lineup.. so it would make sense... and then it could have a dedicated can.. making it easier to spot.

5. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2011 Texas

I really prefer the pro am dipa over endeavour so I'd really like to see that happen

6. Ford

That's saying something... I really like Endeavour... I wish I could have found the ProAm on tap somewhere... everytime I found cans they were a bit dated... so I never bought any.

7. champ103

champ103 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,682) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society

Buried Hatched on cask at Cottonwood. A hell of a lot better than anything on nitro...:grinning:

8. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2011 Texas

Can't f'n wait for BA Buried Hatchet. This ProAm talk intrigues me as well. I missed out on that one.

9. mattchow

mattchow Pundit (985) Jun 24, 2012 Texas

BBA Hellfighter on cask was flat and boozy, regular BBA Hellfighter was leaps and bounds better. I'm looking forward to some Black Crack though, that was probably my favorite Texas beer to date.

rainerschuhsler likes this.
  10. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2011 Texas

Can't wait to try the Black Crack. I just hope its a little more affordable than the blind ambition.

11. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2012 Texas

Rockwells had Old Potentate tonight. Havent seen it at my local haunts but I'm told it's pretty good.

12. ThirdEyePA

Wait, what's this Black Crack you speak of?

13. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2012 Texas

The BB Buried Hatchet

14. ThirdEyePA

Ah ok. I just wasn't hip to the name.

15. jbeezification

jbeezification Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2012 Texas

I have heard no news on the ProAM 2012 being put into regular rotation other than it is going to happen. They need to name it I guess and find a label design. I really can't wait for it because that is my favorite Texas DIPA.

tylerf19 likes this.
  16. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2011 Texas
    Trader

I drank an Old Potentate tonight. Very average old ale.

17. mmireles

mmireles Initiate (0) May 18, 2005 Texas

yeah, i've seen the blind ambition at several places. i can't bring myself to spend the $20 on it. especially when there's not much info about it anywhere... it is a cool looking bottle though.

18. Lutter

Lutter Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2010 Texas
    Deactivated

I'm gonna just gander a guess than Pro-Am 2012 is not going to be the name of Pro-Am 2012 when/if it does come out as a regular. Which it should. I bought more Southern Star during the period that was out than I ever did before.

Wasn't that a homebrew recipe to begin with that won a competition? Or an I remembering incorrectly?

19. boogercrack

boogercrack Initiate (0) May 24, 2012 Texas

hence the name.... "pro-am"

20. champ103

champ103 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,682) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society

I had cask BBA Hellfighter at Hay Merchant, Anvil, and at least one other place. I think The Firkin & Phoenix, oh and the Saucer. It was never flat. If people are not used to cask, then maybe I can see how people say it is flat. Maybe not all casks have been the same. Though every time I have had it, it has been spot on excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.