Which brewing company has the best packaging design?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Ohio_Stevo, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamMe90

IamMe90 Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2012 Wisconsin

Almost none of those do anything for me except the dissident label. I'm much more musically-oriented than visually-oriented, but I'm not visually retarded. As you succinctly pointed out, personal taste is involved. Most of those aren't to my taste.

4kbrianb likes this.
  2. beerme411

beerme411 Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2010 California

Russian River no contest... Everyone loves comic sans :wink:
    [​IMG]

3. DiverJon

DiverJon Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 North Carolina

Unibroue. Fantastic labels and the beer is even better. Highly recommend Maudite if you come across it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

docnose, weonfire, Pando and 2 others like this.
  4. Dogzbone

Dogzbone Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2012 New York

Jester King has a really nice label.

5. zstef99

zstef99 Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2008 New York

I think Russian River wins the award for the biggest discrepancy between the quality of the beer and the quality of the packaging.

matedog likes this.
  6. codysjb

codysjb Pundit (994) Jun 16, 2010 Florida
    Trader

I really like the uniformity in labels that keep the same design but add suttle art changes or colors like hill farmstead, the crooked stave wwb series, the bourbon county line and the regular dogfish head line. Plus I like the look and feel of paper labels.

7. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2012 Virginia

8. HipsterBrewfus

HipsterBrewfus Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2012 Maryland

Im a big fan of Ralph Steadmans art for Flying Dog with Gonza being my favorite

[​IMG]

And Bruerys nice. Classy and sophisticated. I even enjoy the material they print their labels on. that smooth, glossy lable is nice

9. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2010 Massachusetts

damn, that's sexy! hope this is the new overall label design for their beers.

baconman91 likes this.
  10. a74gent

a74gent Pundit (981) Mar 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

Mystic Brewing from Cambridge, MA.... I don't love their beer because it is mostly saisons, but what amazing bottles.

11. ferillo

ferillo Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts

The Hill Farmstead logos are nearly iconic now.

sacrelicio likes this.
  12. Ohio_Stevo

Ohio_Stevo Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2013

Really interesting to see everybody's perspective on design. Of course the beer taste is important! Thanks everyone!

13. 4kbrianb

4kbrianb Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2013 California

This thread is great because I have found some good beers I didn't even know about! Some even taste good too i bet hha. I remember when I was younger I walked in to bevmo and bought bottles pretty much just based on the bottle design.... needless to say most of them tasted like crap. but I trust you guys!

more importantly.... who makes these magnificent beers!? Does that say East End? please tell me they taste amazing also![quote="

Possibly my very favorite.
    [​IMG]

[/quote]

14. Hanzo

Hanzo Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

I am a sucker for Goose Island labels.

15. bahnfire

bahnfire Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2011 Vermont

Perhaps it is because I love all things HF, but I think their labels are top notch. Clean and elegant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. LeRose

LeRose Grand Pooh-Bah (3,509) Nov 24, 2011 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My opinion is that a label also has to be somewhat functional. I find it annoying to see a label that doesn't immediately identify the brewery or the product. Not that I don't like the art, I just think the functionality needs to be kept in mind. Yes - you get familiar with label styles over time, but it can get confusing sometimes since some of the art is pretty similar. I don't personally care for Flying Dog's art (or the beer) but there's no doubt which products are theirs. HF logo was mentioned as approaching the icon status. So's the dogfish and others. Creates the clear connection with the customer.

I think Clown Shoes does a good job blending art with function, as does Lost Abbey. I am a blatantly biased MA resident, so I will also cast a vote for Jack's Abby as having attractive, simple, clean, clear labels with an icon in waiting. The new Ommegang labels, while some people don't like them, create a unified look for Ommegang across all the "flavors" that might help them stand out a little.

17. matedog

matedog Crusader (421) Jan 25, 2010 California

I always thought the Bruery labels were quite nice.
    [​IMG]

4kbrianb likes this.
  18. baconman91

baconman91 Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2009 Ohio

Stone
    Unibroue
    Sierra Nevada
    ..Anchor Brewing's are pretty cool too
    ---- "Pliny the Elder's" label is Sweet !

19. baconman91

baconman91 Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2009 Ohio

- that's a one of my Fav Porters too.

20. coachdicarlo

coachdicarlo Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2012 Missouri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.