BobZ is an amazing BA!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by dachshunddude86, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dachshunddude86

dachshunddude86 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2012 Florida

I know these threads are usually reserved for the trade forum, but no trade went down so its going here for all BA's to see. Bros if this needs to be moved please move it, i just want to make sure an awesome ba gets the recognition he deserves.

I don't know why, but the other day BobZ sent me a message with two requests: 1) my shipping info 2) don't ask any questions. I then get a follow up message with a tracking number. And then I came home today to find these on my front door step:

[​IMG]
    image by dachshunddude86, on Flickr

I have no idea what I did to deserve this or how I can repay this random act of beer kindness, but I will try my hardest to keep my beer karma square and send him back something in return. Tonight I raise my glass to BobZ and I encourage all of you to do the same!

PS- BobZ I now have your shipping info. Your porch is getting covered in snow today, but it will be covered in beer soon enough :wink:

2. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,772) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Pooh-Bah Society

Good gobble d gook! I'm definitely going to raise a glass of something to BobZ. Time for me to hit the cellar...

3. Nectar

Nectar Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2013 New Jersey

You're the man Bob! What an awesome box!

creepinjeeper likes this.
  4. gatornation

gatornation Grand High Pooh-Bah (9,502) Apr 18, 2007 Arizona
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Beer Karma and BA'S always impress me

5. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2011 Illinois

REPORTED:

For being awesome! Way to go BobZ!

6. Ri0

Ri0 Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin

Very cool. Recently jzeilinger did a very similar thing for me, sending Nugget Nectar and other great beers. I love this place and the people that make it so great!

7. rodlavers

rodlavers Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2012 Maryland

8. Providence

Providence Pooh-Bah (2,628) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Same here. That's awesome Bobz, cool for you for doing this man! To the OP. Beer it forward homie!

9. lucas1801

lucas1801 Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

jzeilinger was one of my first trades(not that I trade much) and I think I may send him some Hoponius Union again as he loved that beer.

10. OneBeertoRTA

OneBeertoRTA Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2010 California

If you poured all of those stouts into a punch bowl and served it at a party with a ladel that would be epic...

11. Pelican5

Pelican5 Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2012 California

Class act. BA at its finest!

12. kingofhop

kingofhop Initiate (0) May 9, 2010 Oklahoma
    In Memoriam

BobZ---early frontrunner for BA of the Year 2013.

13. Providence

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Beer it forward with everyone in this thread right now. Seriously. Beermail me if you want in. I want to keep Bobz's mojo flowing. Additionally, I think "spontaneous-beer-it-forwards" needs to start happening on this site; where someone just announces it because they are struck by the moment and then it happens.

Everyone agrees to send one beer that they really want to share with someone else. You can send as much or as little as you'd like. Send a beer that you absolutely love and want others to share the joy of. Beermail me if you want in. I will start it and send the first brew. The last person to get in on it will ship to me to complete the circle. I will close it down when I feel like enough people have gotten in on it.

Full disclosure I have never organized a beer it forward, and I am not really sure how it goes, but I think what I have proposed above is close enough.

PS: I'm in the middle of a major blizzard so if I stop responding I probably lost power.

creepinjeeper and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  14. lucas1801

There is a forum for that, but it never ends up being just a beer. I ran an LIF recently but haven't joined a BIF yet.

15. Providence

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Already got two. You gonna be three?

16. time4lunch

time4lunch Crusader (432) Aug 10, 2012 New Hampshire
    Trader

Im sorry for asking in this thread but what are these bif/lif I hear about.?

Way to be bobz! We need more like you good sir...cheers

17. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

Awesome move.
    I urge everyone to commit a random act of beer every once and a while.

18. MisterGrizz

MisterGrizz Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Texas

I had a similar package full of Heady Topper in it. Again, courtesy of TotallyHosed. This isn't the first time I've mentioned him tonight either... lucky bastard!

19. lucas1801

20. Douglasjamjak

Douglasjamjak Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Connecticut

I am going to crack a pannepot in honor of BobZ. Having dealt with Bob before I can attest to the fact that he is truly a great beer advocate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.