2013 Hunahpu's release info directly from CCB

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by sendsilk, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sendsilk

sendsilk Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2007 Florida

Received this notification today from CCB:

The 4th Annual Hunahpu's Day Release Party is set for Saturday, March 9th at Cigar City Brewing. This will also be the 2nd time Hunahpu's Day has been featured for Tampa Bay Beer Week.

Gates will open at 7:50am. Draft beer will start pouring at 9:00am. Breakfast will be made available when the gates open.

There will be several food trucks on site throughout the day. The full list of food trucks and vendors will be available soon.

There will be no parking at Cigar City Brewing on March 8th and 9th. Instead there is a lot across the street at 4005 W. Spruce Street. There will be signs indicating where to park. That means the Friday before Hunahpu's Day there will be no parking at Cigar City. This will give us plenty of time to set-up and make sure everything goes as smooth as possible for Hunahpu's Day.

To receive your bottles of Hunahpu's Imperial Stout, you will need to get a wristband at the entrance of the festival. You will be ID'd as well, and you will receive an additional wristband indicating you are 21+ years of age. The wristbands are ABSOLUTELY required for purchase of Hunahpu's bottles and will be cut off of your wrist by an employee upon purchase. If you lose it we are very sorry but this is non-negotiable. Wristbands are handed out on a first-come-first-serve bases while supplies last, limited one per person.

Bottles of Hunahpu's Imperial Stout are 750mL (25.4 FL OZ), and will be sold for $20, CASH ONLY. Bottles will be sold at 3 locations in the lot.

There will be a 3 bottle limit for the first 4,000 guests. They will receive a special wristband. The next 1,000 guests will be limited to 2 bottles and will receive a different wristband. You can only have one type of wristband.

Bottle sales will start when the last wristband is given out, or at 12:00pm, whichever comes first. At 5:00pm, sales will open up to the general public with a limit of one case (12 bottles) per person. If you have a wristband, you are ONLY guaranteed your bottles until 5:00pm!

We are going to sell special tokens for $5 a piece. These tokens will be good for ANY purchase on Hunahpu's Day, excluding food trucks and non-affiliated vendors. This means you can use a $5 token to purchase any beer, bottle, merchandise, etc., of equal value, inside the tasting room and outside. So in essence, a $5 token is equivalent to a $5 bill. There will be several booths selling tokens scattered around the lot.

There will be more draft beer stations available than last year. We're going to feature many guest beers and plenty of special beers from us. A full draft list will probably not be available until the week of Hunahpu's Day.

Live music will start at 11:00am. There will be several bands throughout the day. A full list will be announced soon.

2. manutdfan

manutdfan Initiate (0) May 25, 2012 Florida

9 am this year, can't wait! Come to think of it, i was drinking in line at 9 am last year!

Heatwave33 likes this.
  3. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

14,000 bottles = shelf turd.

4. Beerisheaven

Beerisheaven Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2007 Pennsylvania

I'll take as many shelf turds as you wish to pass my way! Keep them coming.

5. rightcoast7

rightcoast7 Maven (1,294) Apr 2, 2011 Maine
    Trader

Anyone who went last year, by about what time did the wristbands run out? I'm thinking I may not be able to get there until 11 and wondering whether it's even worth it.

6. FreshmanPour77

FreshmanPour77 Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2009 Minnesota

Would Hunaphu get released to area liquor stores?

7. cyrushire

cyrushire Initiate (0) May 25, 2012 Florida

anybody going want to be my line buddy? i'm driving up from the keys and plan on arriving early but i'm rolling solo and thus I'm concerned about losing my spot to bathroom and food breaks.

8. sendsilk

Absolutely not.

9. sendsilk

You can hang with me and my wife. I wouldn't worry about it, just bring some cool beers to share with the people around you and I'm sure they'll look out for you. The last two years have been super cool crowds of people.

woodchopper, beernads and cyrushire like this.
  10. abecall98

abecall98 Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2007 California
    Trader

Holy crap that's a lot of bottles. Should be easier to get than years past. Ain't no way any of you fellas gonna be shutout this time. No way. Would be funny though.

11. cyrushire

are you arriving early and if so, how early?

12. justyouraveragebeerguy

justyouraveragebeerguy Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2013 Illinois

If anyone wants to set up a pre-trade, send me a message. This is one of my favorite beers!

13. LoPo87

LoPo87 Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2012 Oregon

So it is not frowned upon to bring bottles to open in line? No open container issues or anything like this?

14. cyrushire

ccb website encourages it so long as you clean up after yourself.

LoPo87 likes this.
  15. eyeenjoybeer

eyeenjoybeer Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2011 Seychelles

Happy to see that trading for this beer will be much easier now.

16. sdpaul

sdpaul Initiate (0) May 2, 2012 California

looks like an awesome event..wish I could go

17. sendsilk

Bring all you want to drink! Everyone been really great about that. As long as you don't get sloppy drunk, the cops are super cool!

18. cbeer88

cbeer88 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

In theory... I fully expect a week of "FT: Huna ISO: BA Dark Lord" type posts...

19. shuajw

shuajw Pundit (830) Aug 12, 2007 Georgia
    Trader

I'm pretty sure they don't want you drinking in line, or atleast that's what I remember from last year. Once you're inside the fence and on their property it's all good. I thought I remember seeing a cop sitting out on the street, not sure if he was looking for open containers or just general shennanigans :slight_smile:

20. xnicknj

xnicknj Initiate (0) May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

Dark Lord of the South. Except for it being a phenomenal beer and all that. :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.