You know you're a beer geek...

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by cincysig, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2012 California

respect

2. Kinsman

Kinsman Maven (1,433) Aug 26, 2009 Nevada

Well, it was a bit of an exaggeration. But you know the type... you see them at any festival and they're the first in line at all of the release day events. Not bad people, but definitely not my type.

3. BJasny

BJasny Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2011 Texas

When you go to the beer store "just to see what they have" even though you already know, and walk out with 6 bottles total and about $30 poorer

Sam_Frank, Prh27, T-RO and 1 other person like this.
  4. MrDave

MrDave Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2013 California

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with the slick work you did in the construction or in the collection. Bravo, sir!

Siggy125 likes this.
  5. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

I wish it was only $30 poorer.

6. closisinthehouse

closisinthehouse Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2011 Florida

When you spend numerous minutes staring at the cellar trying to figure which beer to drink for the evening.

NWer, dcs1548, slim2043 and 1 other person like this.
  7. grandmachine

grandmachine Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2010 California

When you have to lie to your significant other on how much beer you bought.

8. BostonHops

BostonHops Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2011 Massachusetts

when your wife suggests disneyworld for this year's family trip and you counter with waterbury, vermont.

9. 5thOhio

5thOhio Initiate (0) May 13, 2007 South Carolina

When you choose a restaurant by the tap list, not the food.

10. loafinaround

loafinaround Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2011 New York

when you thank a fellow BA for sharing their secret shop w/ stock of your fav beer by searching a 30 mile radius for his fav beer.... and when a shop owner calls back 3 days later and says "oh, I found it in this super-obscure tiny shop 15 miles away, you reply "I already found it there too".

luwak likes this.
  11. regularjohn

regularjohn Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 New Jersey

truth. what it comes down to with my friends usually is "hey im hungry lets get something to eat here, yeah but lets see what they have on tap first" if it sucks, on to the next spot :grinning:

reizorc likes this.
  12. GimmeAGuinness

GimmeAGuinness Pundit (806) Sep 1, 2005 Massachusetts
    Society

When your craft beer store knows you so well that they call you to let know of a new arrival, and that they're setting some aside for you so you don't miss out :rolling_eyes:

13. Pecan

Pecan Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2012 Arizona

When you plan vacation destinations based on brewery visits. And you use more vacation on beer related days than anything else. Hellllllooooooo Dark Lord Day, Black Tuesday, Belgium, and Deutschland!

regularjohn likes this.
  14. NickyDee21

NickyDee21 Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2011 Pennsylvania

I do this shit every time

reizorc and docnose like this.
  15. PeterJ

PeterJ Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2012 California

When one of the fields on your beer collection spreadsheet is "Location"

JxExM, Pacioli1445 and darky like this.
  16. loafinaround

loafinaround Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2011 New York

I have a full subterranian basement. no beer in it. why?! well, it's funky, and because of the heating system, it's the warmest f'ing place in the house! Definitely NOT beer friendly.
    I'm always envious of people when they use the term "cellar" on this site... knowing full well that theirs is likely a refrigerator or something else modest... because I don't even have that!
    My fam wouldn't put up w/ a second fridge, and the main fridge is barely large enough to hold our food. :angry:

to the person above who mentioned the walk in refrigerator, thanks a bunch for planting THAT seed in my head... argh..... one day I'll have a cool storage spot... one day.

17. Andygirl

Andygirl Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2013 Michigan

Or you don't even need a location field because you know what temp you cellar every beer you have at, so you go to that temp cellar :wink:

18. Mercury4040

Mercury4040 Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2012 California

When you walk into your local liquor store and go straight back into the refrigerator (with permission) to grab some of the "special" stuff the owner doesn't display.

19. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Grand Pooh-Bah (3,586) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society

When you go to a restaurant that you KNOW will have a great beer selection in the first place.

Rand_ale_Thor and scottpeeling like this.
  20. M_C_Hampton

M_C_Hampton Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2012 Georgia

When you mark breweries on Google Earth just in case you happen to travel to that area

wramshaw, fredmugs and burgundysmoke like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.