07 Abyss

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by sprucetip, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sprucetip

sprucetip Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2007 Alaska

Anyone had an 07 Abyss lately? How is it drinking? I've got a few left, and thinking they may be getting to be at or past the peak? Thoughts on how long Abyss can cellar before starting to dissipate generally? Thanks

2. beefandbean22

beefandbean22 Aspirant (267) Oct 15, 2008 Oregon
    Trader

Had one 2 weekends ago for my birthday, it was delicious

3. sprucetip

Our birthdays must be close. Mine is May 26. Yours?

4. Kelton

Kelton Initiate (73) Sep 17, 2010 Oregon

Hey Folks,

In the last 6-ish months, I've done a complete Vertical 06-11 and a semi Vert 07-11. The 08 & 10 were my Faves both occassions. Though 07 is still nice, I don't think Abyss can hold up past the 5 year mark.

5. PDXHops

PDXHops Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina

Never had the '06, but recent bottles of the '07 (and '08) I opened were delicious. The '07 in paricular was amazing I don't know how long they can last, but I'm afraid my stash won't last long enough to find out.

6. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (4,124) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Trader

I prefer the '08 (always have) but the '07 is still excellent too. Not sure how much longer they'll hold up, who knows?

7. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Poo-Bah (4,673) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

I drank a bottle in March. It's holding up *very* well (which is shorthand for "not falling off too fast") and still is my favorite (relatively) available imperial stout. IMO the 08 Abyss is currently a better beer, but I would not be sad if I had to drink the 07 every week until I exhaust my stash.

8. harrymel

harrymel Initiate (0) Dec 15, 2010 Washington

I'm with dyan. '08 is and has been the winner of cellared Abyss for me. '10 is going to take the cake over the next year or so IMO.

9. sprucetip

Well, I did my own research and found the 07 to be extraordinarily delicious and smooth. I think it is holding up fine approaching the five year mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.