12 Days of Christmas - 2020

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Dave_Treat, Nov 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bum4ever

Bum4ever Jan 18, 2017 California
    Trader

Looks like UPS is working in PA again. Watch that porch @dannyfayy!

Dad_of_Rad, sirhc3034, bl00 and 11 others like this.
  2. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

We didn’t get all they were calling for but we definitely got a lot of snow. They still haven’t plowed my street. The Jeep came in handy this morning. Hopefully it’ll be tomorrow.

Dave_Treat, sirhc3034, bl00 and 10 others like this.
  3. treznor

treznor Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Trader

Just got a porch bomb from @Lazhal !

[​IMG]

Your note mentioned the amount of Transient I'd had. All thanks to @core42 and @JasonR1975 ! Your clue about my state having a 2nd location of a popular brewery got me on to you, but your other hints made me discard you as my sender. And then you came in yesterday saying only odd clues applied and I should have reconsidered but didn't. You were completely off my radar!

Just saw a picture from an acquaintance of the smooj you included and chuckled about a hard seltzer smoothie. Will be interested to try for sure.

Can't wait to get started! Have extras from both of my senders in the fridge so hopefully start putting a dent in them tonight.

4. RuckIt

RuckIt Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Ok, so @mervmurry was one of the names at the top of my list of possible senders, and these two hints appear to point directly at me.
    I just shoveled over a foot of snow, and I'm within 3-days for shipping, so this lines up.

And in my "Wish List" to Treat, I specifically mentioned that adjunct-free BA stouts are my favorite. Another direct hit.

But going back and reviewing hints, I'm now thinking that Merv might be messing with me...
    I don't drink coffee, but I could be the one that "likes hazelnuts, but not necessarily hazelnut coffee". HOWEVER...

It appears that Brando is the non coffee drinker out of Merv's two targets, so either his hints are inaccurate, or I can cross him off my list of senders.

@PassMeAZima still squarely in my crosshairs.

5. KyleDavis

KyleDavis Aug 20, 2015 Ohio

But part of Bearcat territory is in Erlanger, KY. Never forget!

sj3324, sirhc3034, bl00 and 8 others like this.
  6. Dicers

Dicers Sep 2, 2012 California
    Fest Crew Society Trader

Senor Hardy, I see that you are my sender since my FiL just told me of a box and sent me a picture of the label. No way for me to have noticed previously since I don't have alerts for their house.

I also eliminated you because your hints are based off their location and not my personal one.... veryy sneaky... Can't wait to open on Sunday :grinning:

7. Syracuse12

Syracuse12 Aug 21, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

Even when I think I'm out, they pull me back in. I decided to sit out this year since I simply didn't get out as much as I normally do and I didn't have the ammo to participate as much as I'd like.

@tommyguz had different ideas

[​IMG]

First the extras! really excited for the coffee and hot sauce. Then the 6 days

[​IMG]

and the 6 days. I'm excited to play along with all of you.

Thanks Tommy, really kind of you. Hoping this is the beginning of a better 2021 for everyone

8. tommyguz

tommyguz May 14, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

so I wasn’t actually supposed to send you all 12. You got another 6 assigned to you. Looks like you’re pretty f’d Bc you will have double days on 6 of the days. When it lands I will work with your other sender to rearrange days

Sorry not sorry.

9. mervmurry

mervmurry Aug 24, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

Image me I'm screwed

Dave_Treat, Franfab, thebeers and 8 others like this.
  10. smanson56

smanson56 Feb 15, 2014 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

I cleaned a foot of snow out of the driveway at 10:00 this morning and just finished cleaning up the second foot now. Our road hasn't been plowed since early this morning. The neighbors plow guy hadn't showed up when I was out last time so took the 4 wheeler up the road and at least plowed a path so she can get out if needed.

11. UcDru

UcDru Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

UPS dropped a box on my door from NJ! sorry @PA-Michigander looks like @devilfluff and @Heatherfluff skipped over you this time!!

12. SouthernSips

SouthernSips Aug 7, 2018 Mississippi
    Trader

Box from sender one has safely landed, and is inside. Box two is showing delivery, so I'm going to hold back and open them both together!

13. UcDru

UcDru Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

Tissue time! Incoming 12 dox 1-6 from @devilfluff and Heather freshly wrapped in the that So. Fla style. Some tasty extras that are ready to be cracked and that homemade hot sauce whale

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thor and Rousey approve!

14. tommyguz

Trader

#TreatKilledMerv

mervmurry, bl00, Franfab and 5 others like this.
  15. tommyguz

Trader

Thank you @Dicers for the awesome box and extras. Looking forward to these!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. smanson56

smanson56 Feb 15, 2014 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

Enjoy some more Texas extras from @sirhc3034 tonight. This is really good!
    [​IMG]
    Really glad you sent 2!

17. dmbforever

dmbforever May 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

[​IMG]

Just wanted to make sure I remembered how to post pics...lol

18. Swcreed013

Swcreed013 May 14, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Came home to another box from @PA-Michigander just as he had stated was my fate. Saw a nice sized maybe 10x10x10 box and thought to myself, ok great, couple cans I can handle this. OH NO... all this came out of a tiny box, unbelievable- way too generous Nick, thank you!

[​IMG]
    just a casual bottle of bourbon, bad ass JK glass and a great mix of cans, which I will be getting into hard tonight. Thanks again Nick, much appreciated

19. UcDru

UcDru Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

"Cans I will be getting into hard"

I hope you have a very good can opener.... giggity

lateralusbeer, Franfab, bl00 and 13 others like this.
  20. treznor

treznor Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Trader

Kicking off the extras from @Lazhal . Don't know what this is really, but it sure is tasty.

[​IMG]

21. dmbforever

Trader

Just wanted to take a minute and THANK, the man who makes this happen year after year. @Dave_Treat

A LOT of work & time goes into organizing this and he basically does it by himself. He is also one of the most generous dudes who will ALWAYS give the shirt off his back...

[​IMG]

Cheers Dave

and everyone else

22. Snrubnivek

Snrubnivek Apr 16, 2016 California
    Trader

mervmurry, Lazhal, robgage and 20 others like this.
  23. Dave_Treat

Dave_Treat Jun 23, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

The other Day is on the way. To me a little while to acquire it. Should be there Saturday. Enjoy my friend

24. SouthernSips

SouthernSips Aug 7, 2018 Mississippi
    Trader

The great white north came to fucking party today! Two 12 shippers were dropped on my doorstep this afternoon by @Dad_of_Rad and @dmbforever and they’re loaded with goodies!

First the 12 Days:

[​IMG]

Next, a close up of everything in @dmbforever’s box:

[​IMG]

Also, a close up of everything in @Dad_of_Rad’s box:

[​IMG]

Finally, the massive family shot:

[​IMG]

This looks to be a stellar 12 days, and appears to include sours and stouts.

Some quick bullet points: I don’t like how that tiny day 6 has a smiley and a shit load of wax…

3 Anniversary stouts from CW, yes please.

Neckbeard Nectar as an extra = crazy town. That's a day.

My first 450 North and Eagle Park ticks.

The coffee looks tasty and I’ve heard a lot about Dark Matter of late so that’s exciting.

Finally, all the swag looks tits including the L4L bottle opener! I’ll christen that PGW with this great sounding can before also using it for the pile of cans I have from @azuelke ha!

Thanks y’all, can’t wait!

25. Dave_Treat

Trader

@PA-Michigander out doing me. I only sent you a sample of the locals bourbon pick, he sent the whole damn bottle. Well done Nick

26. Dave_Treat

Trader

Drinking a little extra from @timmy2b, thanks my man. Dang tasty.

[​IMG]

27. PA-Michigander

Society Trader

Never change, Drew. Never change!

Cheers Scott! I think Dave sent you a sample of that bottle, I hope you like. Some rapscallions from the Locals are responsible for its tastiness.

Weird question, that Vegas chip wasn’t in the box was it? I lived out there for 4 years and brought some home with me. I assume it’s yours though you never know what youngsters do with your stuff.

28. sj3324

sj3324 Jun 9, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

I spy with my little eye, beers hidden in that book case.

robgage, andreizm, RuckIt and 10 others like this.
  29. sj3324

Trader

I was off work today, but out running errands and picking up beer. When I got home I was greeted with a massive box. Fuckin 15 shipper. I thought we were limited to 12 shippers. [​IMG]
    the wrapped bottles:
    [​IMG]
    the insane extras:
    [​IMG]
    and a sweet glass and coaster!
    [​IMG]
    Thank you so much Chris. This box is crazy and pretty sure you could have wrapped the extras as days and I would be happy. All new ticks that sound delicious!
    Now I would like to officially call out @soma27 as my sender.

30. Swcreed013

Swcreed013 May 14, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

The chip is actually in the bar. Guy who put the bar in my house put a bunch of playing cards and chips in the top of the bar.

While I’m posting - drinking this delight - thanks Nick!

[​IMG]

31. dmbforever

Trader

Enjoy!! The shirt I upsized, as the "L" seemed small to me. If it doesnt work, hit me up and I will fix. Also, @Dad_of_Rad was awesome to work with as a partner to bomb your porch. We had a couple of phone calls to strategize...lol...Benji is a cool dude.

Hope we got it right for ya....

Cheers!!

Snrubnivek, robgage, blassor and 10 others like this.
  32. soma27

soma27 Dec 18, 2014 New York
    Trader

I was hoping the final hint of the box actually landing on your porch would seal the deal.

Hope you enjoy. Your 8,000+ untapped check-ins were intimidating, but I hope I put together a good mix of new ticks and/or new versions to enjoy.

33. Dicers

Dicers Sep 2, 2012 California
    Fest Crew Society Trader

Hoping @dmbforever checks his porch before it gets too cold up there

34. Dave_Treat

Trader

Another extra from @timmy2b . Wow, so much blueberry. Thanks Tim

[​IMG]

35. ninjembro

ninjembro Jun 17, 2014 Maryland
    Trader

Got into one of the extras sent to me tonight:

[​IMG]

Very good. Tame flavor profile compared to all the hazy bois and whatnot of modern times, but it's a very welcome change of pace.

mervmurry, jschott75, Lazhal and 15 others like this.
  36. alwaysplayin

alwaysplayin Feb 27, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

It snowed a bit here, cloudy out today. I got home from some errands and it looked like all the effing lights were out on our block. I paid good money to have those Xmas lights hung...

Turns out @valrxman had sent me 2 boxes of beer so dark and rich that light couldn’t escape. My home had become an event horizon...

[​IMG]

The picture didn’t even take with every freakin light on in our kitchen. His note had the picture of the devil and the number for @Sassyshe888 ’s plumber, which I don’t quite get... #foreshadowing?

Anyhoo, nothing in this box is below 10%, and only 2 appear to be below 12. #whoisdennisandwhyshouldicare

My days are tied off in black socks, and I choose my own fate each day. Unfortunately, rumor has it Steve is a size 16 shoe, so I won’t be able to wear them when this is over...at least not on my feet.

Incredibly generous, Steve. Thank you so very much for your generosity! You are ridiculous and amazing!

37. alwaysplayin

alwaysplayin Feb 27, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

38. sj3324

Trader

If my target calls me out either publicly or privately, prior to Friday morning at 6 am central, I will send a box to any participant of his choosing.

jschott75, Franfab, Lazhal and 13 others like this.
  39. PA-Michigander

Society Trader

I came home to a massive box from @dannyfayy today and it is incredible.

First up, the main show. There’s a day 0 and two day sevens, just in case. Some sexy wax, including that pull tab on day 11. :flushed:
    [​IMG]
    The extras, so many wrapped ones, that I’m also guessing could say actual days. I’ve got a full dog over here.
    [​IMG]
    The swag
    [​IMG]
    The hot sauce will be used tomorrow. When I opened the bag the coffee was in, the most rich, intense flavor filled the kitchen.

I had to open an extra while opening this behemoth and this hit the spot:
    [​IMG]

Possibly saving the best for last was the letter
    [​IMG]
    My fiancée is super accepting of my ‘beer habit’ but when she read this and saw the gifts for her two kids I think Danny jumped up to her favorite local. So thoughtful.

Thank you so much Dan!

40. PA-Michigander

Society Trader

Image me something’s fucky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.