12 Days of Christmas - 2020

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Dave_Treat, Nov 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mipper

Mipper Aspirant (233) Dec 14, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Damn #canMagic!! You’re a Wizard!!

LBO

2. Lazhal

Lazhal Devotee (479) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Day 4a @Dave_Treat

Cap/cork gave away the brewery, so hopefully I can finally guess one correctly. This is a rich and intense sour with a bit of funk and vinegar. The red color would imply some type of fruit or berry. I'm thinking maybe this is Oude Kriek or Intens Rood which have sour cherry. Very sour, so I'm learning toward the latter.
    [​IMG]

Bingo! Thanks!
    [​IMG]

3. Kylo76

Kylo76 Aspirant (275) Aug 29, 2014 Colorado
    Trader

[​IMG] Day one and @PassMeAZima trying to kill me with a bottle of bourbon.

4. bl00

bl00 Devotee (449) May 13, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Day 1 from @Dad_of_Rad via @dmbforever

[​IMG]

Pours with slight head that dissipates quickly Nose has some brett. Dry, little carb. Lemon-lime and cheesy notes. Finish feels drying at first then strong citrusy wave after. Some oily sensation in the mouthfeel. I'm not getting much fruit in here aside form citrus. After some sleuthing I'm guessing a Casey with peach.

[​IMG]

Thank you @Dad_of_Rad! I love Casey and this beer doesn't disappoint.

5. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (4,244) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Selected this one for Day 1 from @lateralusbeer. Nice lemon notes and wood. Great table beer. Thanks, Ryan. :beers:

6. smanson56

smanson56 Crusader (793) Feb 15, 2014 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

Okay moving on to the reveal yup it's Modern Times. I got some of the adjuncts right. lets see igot bourbon cocoa nibs and coconut. I missed peanut butter, vanilla, and almonds. So this is Fellowship of Xul. This is a really smooth beer and I enjoyed it alot Thanks Dave
    [​IMG]

7. NJB145

NJB145 Devotee (431) May 18, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

@dannyfayy felt that I was missing out on the Christmas spirit and decided to make my heart (and possibly some other organs) grow three sizes by sending six days of beer. Today’s beer was a canned stout that I immediately got coffee and hazelnut out of. It was also pretty carbonated but that didn’t seem to affect the end result.
    [​IMG]

I have no idea what this beer was...definitely was not an Iron City Lite.

[​IMG]

The Answer Diablo Forever. An excellent stout to start the 6 DoX. Thanks Danny!

8. campa86

campa86 Initiate (116) Mar 9, 2014 California
    Trader

Funny thing is that i proxy for @PassMeAZima for modern times so I sent that bottle to u twice lolol

Franfab, smanson56, Dan_K and 10 others like this.
  9. RuckIt

RuckIt Aspirant (211) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

mervmurry, Franfab, adh2315 and 8 others like this.
  10. Dave_Treat

Dave_Treat Meyvn (1,088) Jun 23, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Day 4 from @timmy2b. Blind pour. Funky is a great way. Peach wild ale In guessing.
    [​IMG]

Other half and degrade collab. I really like this one. Thanks very much Timmy.

[​IMG]

robgage, mervmurry, Franfab and 22 others like this.
  11. Dave_Treat

Trader

Merry Christmas everyone. This has been awesome so far. I got everyone is enjoying the fun.

12. lateralusbeer

lateralusbeer Zealot (546) Feb 7, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

@Franfab over here hitting me with some more heavy wax and what I presume is a 4% kolsh

[​IMG]

Coffee coffee coffee, little heat... Maybe vanilla? Definitely glad once again to have some help with this guy.

13. Mipper

Trader

If there ever was a beer name that screamed @PassMeAZima or @jshusc

this is it. But I hear they prefer Smoked roadkill possum

LBO.....

azuelke, Franfab, devilfluff and 11 others like this.
  14. tommyguz

tommyguz Meyvn (1,032) May 14, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Day 4 @Dicers

this one is incredible fudge brownies and coconut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. sj3324

sj3324 Initiate (130) Jun 9, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

Day 1 courtesy of @soma27 had a 3F cork. Distinct funk. Not getting any fruit at all and the finish was very unique, couldn’t think of it right away. [​IMG]
    This is fantastic Chris. Thank you so much. Haven’t had any of the newer Zenne’s. Crazy generous to send this out! Zenne Blend 94
    [​IMG]
    Now on to a tasty extra. Finback Salty Pretzel Caramel BQE
    [​IMG]

robgage, mervmurry, azuelke and 29 others like this.
  16. PassMeAZima

PassMeAZima Zealot (513) Jan 1, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

Day 4 courtesy of @blassor Did this one blind but Imgur was down so you get all pics at once! Did not pick this one out blind, very interesting flavors but in a good way. Thank you sir!
    #L4L
    [​IMG]

robgage, mervmurry, azuelke and 20 others like this.
  17. andreizm

andreizm Initiate (132) Sep 17, 2008 Washington
    Trader

Finally, Day 1 from @Kylo76! Black cap, pours dark as the night, minimal head that disappears like a dream. Chewy, viscous mouthfeel. Bourbon barrel and very present indeed, probably aged for more than a year. Deep roast, coffee, bittersweet chocolate, but no adjuncts. Just a very well executed BA stout. Reminds me of Black Gold back in the day, but the cap is different. Or of Black Magick stuff, but those are waxed. I know that Modern Times uses black caps sometimes, so… wait… can it be? Bovine Outline? Hmm... very curious.

[​IMG]

robgage, mervmurry, azuelke and 21 others like this.
  18. Syracuse12

Syracuse12 Disciple (381) Aug 21, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

Day 1 of my jumped in 6 via @tommyguz purple wax and fairly significant heat tells me this is a GNVP, which barrel, I had no idea, although there was some sweetness to it.

[​IMG]

Brandy was where the sweetness was coming from. Thanks Tommy, really looking forward to the other 5 days.

19. valrxman

valrxman Disciple (307) Jun 30, 2010 Florida
    Trader

Thanks to @Swcreed013 for allowing me to vary. Day 3 looked crazy. So here is day 3A.
    [​IMG]

20. valrxman

Trader

Maple goodness. Thanks @Swcreed013 Great way to start this off.
    [​IMG]

robgage, mervmurry, azuelke and 19 others like this.
  21. valrxman

Trader

On to day 1. Cheers to all. Thanks for the BCBS. Not sure if Birthday or Anniversary. [​IMG]

azuelke, Franfab, tsgooch79 and 16 others like this.
  22. valrxman

Trader

Anniversary BCBS with a Weller 12 for good measure. Thanks so much @Swcreed013 sofaking good.
    [​IMG]

23. Dave_Treat

Trader

Quiet Christmas Eve. Going for an extra from @PassMeAZima. Sweet and a little nutty. And he sends good beer! Thanks Jason.

[​IMG]

robgage, mervmurry, azuelke and 22 others like this.
  24. andreizm

andreizm Initiate (132) Sep 17, 2008 Washington
    Trader

I was half-right! Voodoo/Weldwerks Midnight Magick. Didn't realize they did a collab, but of course, they both make fantastic stouts, so this is playing to their strengths. Really enjoying this one, thank you again @Kylo76!

[​IMG]

#1664 andreizm, Dec 25, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  25. Dave_Treat

Trader

Try again... use the image icon.

azuelke, Franfab, smanson56 and 4 others like this.
  26. blassor

blassor Aspirant (262) Sep 2, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

Day 1 for 6DoX has arrived! Been crushing the pilsners from Merv recently.

Day 1 poured super deep red. I get the cinnamon spice from cherries. My favorite wild adjunct. It had so much berry flavor, I think it’s maybe raspberry too. Or a tonnnnn of cherry. Some decent acidity and a nice hit of funk.

[​IMG]

Now for the reveal.

[​IMG]

Never heard of this Casey. The vanilla was restrained but I think is what gave it the full berry flavor. This is excellent. Thanks @mervmurry

27. Swcreed013

Swcreed013 Initiate (132) May 14, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Day 4 from @Dave_Treat . Bottle size seems similar to the previous day, initial thought was BA Aslin. Pours dark and tons of maple on the nose.
    [​IMG]
    as it warms I get the coffee, so I do some investigative work on maple coffee Aslin beers. I settle on Reslin as that seems to fit the bill.

[​IMG]
    right adjuncts, wrong brewery. This was really nice, thanks Dave!

28. Dave_Treat

Trader

29. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Poo-Bah (1,807) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Day 4 from @smanson56 came with a blacked out cap. The beer smelled really sweet upon opening and poured deep, dark black. Tasting followed the smell, super sweet. Couldn’t really put my finger on it, thought maybe maple, didn’t get any barrel.
    [​IMG]

The reveal:
    [​IMG]

Trillium/Three Chiefs Niyok. This turned out to be coconut and one I think @Dave_Treat would love. Thanks for the chance to try this one Sandy!

30. Dan_K

Dan_K Zealot (520) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado
    Trader

Hey all.

Allow me to introduce myself- I am Dan. I'm starting a professional meadery as my 2nd job, and elected NOT to participate in 12dox this year- I am busy with planning, and sending out 11 cases of Bierstadt lagers, making mead, etc.

Anyway, the wonderful Sheila @Sassyshe888 (who I met in LA last fall) decided that I shouldn't be left out of the festivities. She dropped this bomb on me out of the blue!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you Sheila!! This shall not be forgotten. Oh. And according to the official rules, you are NOT protected from retaliation. Like someone once said... you don't know when. You don't know where. But I wil find you, and I will have my revenge! Muahaha

#1670 Dan_K, Dec 25, 2020
  31. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Poo-Bah (1,807) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Hey old man, any idea why the quote you quoted was attributed to me and not Merv?

azuelke, Franfab, smanson56 and 4 others like this.
  32. Lazhal

Lazhal Devotee (479) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Day 4b @Dave_Treat

Same brewery as the earlier bottle, so I might also have a shot at getting this one right too. Some sour notes, but not nearly as much as the last beer. Significantly more funk to this one. I'm going to go with the Oude Geuze Cuvee.
    [​IMG]

Bam! 2 for 2 today. Thank you!
    [​IMG]

33. Kylo76

Kylo76 Aspirant (275) Aug 29, 2014 Colorado
    Trader

My Imgur won’t work and BA fucking sucks, but the reveal for my bourbon from @PassMeAZima is a Michters 10. Brand new tick and it’s one of my favorite bourbons I’ve tried. Jason fucking killed it.

mervmurry, treznor, valrxman and 17 others like this.
  34. Mipper

Trader

Old man fingers is all I can figure....

LBO

mervmurry, treznor, azuelke and 10 others like this.
  35. blassor

blassor Aspirant (262) Sep 2, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

Dan. She loves mead too. Blow up her porch!

mervmurry, azuelke, Franfab and 7 others like this.
  36. JasonR1975

JasonR1975 Zealot (572) Jun 11, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

Had a really nice extra from @andreizm last night. Blend 7 from 2017 and tasted like it was fresh squeezed yesterday. My favorite raspberry beer - and this one still bangs.

My Day 1 beer was a grey waxed stout. Guessing Fremont. There was some fruit in it that I couldn’t identify but like a lot of Fremont stouts barrel character was strong. Delicious beer. Little sleuthing led me to this years anniversary ale. Will be following up for another one of these to sit on for a year or two. Thanks @andreizm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1676 JasonR1975, Dec 25, 2020
  37. Dan_K

Trader

Day one from @Sassyshe888 .

[​IMG]

I am getting cinnamon, maybe bananas. Reminds me of the Amburana wood aged stout that Oskar Blues made. A little cold still, should let it warm. Its thick, dark, and smooth. I guessed it was Smog City or Horus... boy was I wrong.
    [​IMG]
    This is awesome! Thank you Sheila!

38. Dan_K

Trader

Use Postimages

Dave_Treat, azuelke, Franfab and 6 others like this.
  39. Swcreed013

Swcreed013 Initiate (132) May 14, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Great bourbon- fun fact, I was out walking my dog and a stranger offered me a pour of it, nice guy...

40. UcDru

UcDru Devotee (429) Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

This is high level content..lol

Dan_K, mervmurry, Dave_Treat and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.