12 Days of Christmas - 2020

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Dave_Treat, Nov 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave_Treat

Dave_Treat Jun 23, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Dan_K, Dad_of_Rad, Franfab and 4 others like this.
  2. Dave_Treat

Trader

Ok, it ain't worth it....

Dan_K, Franfab, smanson56 and 2 others like this.
  3. Dave_Treat

Trader

Reveal...

[​IMG]

Other Half and Forager Colan. Coconut Headband.

Not sure where I got cinnamon. This is really good.

Dan_K, blassor, robgage and 21 others like this.
  4. Dave_Treat

Trader

On to day 11. First of 2 bottles from @PassMeAZima . This one is also good. First I get the sweet barrel, a little buzzy. Again I get coconut and cinnamon...

[​IMG]

Dan_K, robgage, Franfab and 16 others like this.
  5. bl00

bl00 May 13, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Day 5 from @Dad_of_Rad
    [​IMG]

Cork and cage is making me think belgian/lambic. Pop of the cork reveals fruit and funk. Pours somewhere between ruby and amber, fine white head lingers. Tons of funk on the nose, very bitter and bretty. Taste is much different- an initial wave of funk and moderate tartness leads way to soft red fruit, maybe plum. Also getting grape, cranberry, trace of bubblegum. As it warms more funk is coming through on the taste. Very lively mouthfeel with sour, followed by dry finish.

[​IMG]

Thank you Benji! Really glad to have tried this one.

Dan_K, blassor, robgage and 21 others like this.
  6. jschott75

jschott75 May 19, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Day 5 from @bl00.
    Was thinking stout, but this was a nice surprise.
    [​IMG]
    Easy drinking BA Saison(light and tart). I really did not have a guess.
    [​IMG]
    Hill Farmstead - Civil Disobedience #25.
    I did not give a wish list of beers, but instead a list of breweries I would be very interested in. Hit that list 2 days in a row. HF is one I really wish I could get my hands on more often.
    Thanks a lot Dan.

Dan_K, blassor, robgage and 20 others like this.
  7. PassMeAZima

PassMeAZima Jan 1, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

Day 11. Figured why the fuck not...and Sabred that beotch. First time, no injuries reported. This one is from @blassor Funky funky on the nose. Tart, but not overly acidic. Very nice one. Reveal to come
    [​IMG]

Dan_K, blassor, robgage and 18 others like this.
  8. Dave_Treat

Trader

Reveal for the first bottle. I knew it was trillium from the cap. Again, I failed. No cinnamon. Trillium and Three Chiefs collab. Loved it.

[​IMG]

Dan_K, blassor, robgage and 19 others like this.
  9. Dave_Treat

Trader

Had to look up what niyok means. All I could think of is song to the times in and imitating 3 stooges... niyok niyok niyok

Dan_K, Franfab, mervmurry and 8 others like this.
  10. Snrubnivek

Snrubnivek Apr 16, 2016 California
    Trader

The reveal from @Lazhal
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Cliff. I haven’t had this one yet but have had a few of the Deth’s which I really enjoy. Was getting more caramel flavor than maple which had me thinking BW. This was tasty.

11. Dave_Treat

Trader

Bottle 2 for tonight, smother dark smooth beer. Yumm. This is sweeter. Cap is black. This time in going coconut and nuts, maybe hazelnut.

[​IMG]

Thanks @PassMeAZima . Weldworks?

Dan_K, blassor, robgage and 17 others like this.
  12. Dave_Treat

Trader

Somebody hit my 111th like today...

[​IMG]
    Easy to tell who the culprit is...
    [​IMG]

And final proof
    [​IMG]

Good thing I know your address

Dan_K, robgage, Franfab and 14 others like this.
  13. Bum4ever

Bum4ever Jan 18, 2017 California
    Trader

Forward to @campa86, for obvious reasons.

Dan_K, robgage, Franfab and 11 others like this.
  14. Tee2Grn

Tee2Grn Nov 6, 2012 Michigan
    Trader

This is so awesome.

Dan_K, Dave_Treat, robgage and 12 others like this.
  15. swenny916

swenny916 Jan 3, 2010 Illinois
    Society Trader

Day 5 and after a couple rolls, I'm opening #1 from @tsgooch79

[​IMG]

Cork and cage means some sort of wild/sour.

[​IMG]

Definitely tart, but very nice. At first was thinking maybe some sort of grape, but settled on peach. No idea other than that, but I know I liked it.

[​IMG]

Was not thinking Casey, but I think I've only had two or three, and liked them all. Will need to put that on the wishlist next year! Thanks again, Travis!

Dan_K, robgage, Dad_of_Rad and 20 others like this.
  16. ninjembro

ninjembro Jun 17, 2014 Maryland
    Trader

Another whoopsie for day 11.......

First, beer 1 from @Snrubnivek

[​IMG]

Pours dark, big boozy stout, 12oz can so I'm guessing modern times, though no clue what it is...

[​IMG]

Mega Devil's Teeth! This was a good one as well.

Bad news. Opened my other day 11 beer..... and it's corked under the cap, and I don't have a corkscrew. "Placed" the cap back on it, and will probably drink it Saturday (after buying a corkscrew lolol), with my other two catch up beers being Sunday and Monday (pushing my catch up back a day, oh well). I'm assuming the cork will keep it perfectly fine for 2 days in the fridge. May just open an extra as my 2nd beer tonight. Day 12 tomorrow is my last beer from @treznor

Dan_K, blassor, robgage and 17 others like this.
  17. ninjembro

Trader

Decided on this as an extra for tonight: [​IMG]

Dan_K, blassor, robgage and 13 others like this.
  18. treznor

treznor Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Trader

I'm pretty sure I've kept up with what you have left from me. If so, its a single small bottle. If I'd known it was going to be tomorrow I'd probably have added something else but that's the way the dice goes! Not sure if you'll recognize it or not... I didn't hide the cap at all, and that's all the information the bottle will give you :slight_smile:

Dan_K, blassor, Franfab and 10 others like this.
  19. ninjembro

Trader

That's how the dice goes indeed. This 12dox has been great, and the extras I've gotten from both of you that I've had so far have all been killer. Some extras will wait, since after I finished off the wrapped bottles, I'm doing a late-start-dry-january, but will eagerly anticipate getting into the rest of them!

Dan_K, Dad_of_Rad, Franfab and 9 others like this.
  20. Swcreed013

Swcreed013 May 14, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Day 11 reveal. Bottle opened with maple aroma in your face. Initial taste was maple, then jammy and slightly tart. some cinnamon in the background. Based upon my Untappd search, has to be Rise & Shine...
    [​IMG]
    this was a really unique and great mead, thanks for sharing Nick.

Dan_K, blassor, devilfluff and 19 others like this.
  21. Dave_Treat

Trader

Second bottle almost gone. Twas a really good one. The hazelnut was front and center. Coconut follows. Sweeeeet. Thanks @PassMeAZima .

[​IMG]

22. Bum4ever

Trader

Getting right to day 7 from the @campa86 box:
    [​IMG]

Definitely a peach sour and pretty sure wine barrels are involved. Normally that would have been my guess, but the color and a few complex flavors are telling me there is more. I just can't put my finger on what it is.

[​IMG]

Glad I got the peaches and wine barrel correct, and those other things I was getting were that it's also a quad and aged in bourbon. This beer was super complex and really enjoyable. I took my time with this one and as it warmed the tartness was more pronounced. Once I saw the bourbon, I could tell it was in there, thanks a ton Michael and Corey! Haven't had many cascade beers, but if they are like this, I need to search them out more.

Dan_K, blassor, Dave_Treat and 19 others like this.
  23. thebeers

thebeers Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Will probably close out the year with this one. Thanks, @lateralusbeer. Have a happy 2021, everybody. :beers:

Dan_K, blassor, Dave_Treat and 17 others like this.
  24. Lazhal

Lazhal Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Day 11 reveal @TheOneTC

Kicking myself for not guessing this one. Tree of Hope was a wish list beer. Funny how even barleywines list enjoy fresh these days. Great way to end 2020! Thanks!

[​IMG]

Dan_K, blassor, Dave_Treat and 17 others like this.
  25. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Instructions from @dannyfayy said to end the year with a ‘big beer’. This pull tab gave me some ideas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was thinking BBT or Maman. Then I tasted it and confirmed a stout. But, as I should have known, the greatest adjunct of all, vanilla, was front and foremost again. Danny has done an incredible job of hitting my vanilla obsession every day. I honestly didn’t know what this was besides barrel aged vanilla stout.

[​IMG]
    Another one that even after reading the label I hadn’t heard of. I’ve been schooled on it since and what a great way to end his half of the 12 DoX. Happy New Year to everyone here, what a great BIF.

Dan_K, blassor, Dave_Treat and 19 others like this.
  26. UcDru

UcDru Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

Day 11 from @sj3324

[​IMG]
    Thick white wax... lemon grass funk on the nose the palate is bursting with citrus and a pleasant tart finish. Grabbing PGW for this one was expecting a stout with the thick white wax but now thinking this may be Side Project Tete... reveal

[​IMG]
    Oude du Ble I was close and this is fantastic! Not overly acidic as a lot of SP sours are these days really digging this one thanks Seth for another banger!

27. RuckIt

RuckIt Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

My apologies to @mervmurry for missing yesterday’s post!

Day 4 brought another stout. Cap was taped over, but I could tell that the neck of the bottle had a notable bulb. I was thinking Bottle Logic, but it didn’t taste like Darkstar and I don’t think they’ve got another adjunct free stout.
    [​IMG]

Modem Tones - Ethereal Mound! [​IMG]
    This was an amazing beer, and I can see the hype on the Modern Times stouts! Thanks so much Merv, you clearly put a ton of effort into curating this box to meet my favorite styles, and have provided hit after hit. Cheers!

But Day 4 wasn’t done yet. Another bourbon sample. And this was such a treat.
    [​IMG]

28. RuckIt

RuckIt Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Tonight brought a cork and cage, and I could immediately smell... peaches? Definitely stone fruit of some kind.
    [​IMG]

First prediction was Casey, but I didn’t have any clue what specific bottle this might be. But that doesn’t matter - all I know is that this is one of the best fruited beers I’ve had all year.
    [​IMG]

Casey Velvet! Great beer to wrap up 2020 BIF’ing. Can’t wait to see what @mervmurry and 2021 has in store for Day 6.

Happy new year everyone!!!

29. Kylo76

Kylo76 Aug 29, 2014 Colorado
    Trader

[​IMG] No hiding this bottle @PassMeAZima still killing it, incredible beer. On to beer 2!

30. Kylo76

Kylo76 Aug 29, 2014 Colorado
    Trader

[​IMG] Beer 2 a perfect side by side and I’m drunk af. Thanks so much Jason @PassMeAZima treating me like a king

31. JasonR1975

JasonR1975 Jun 11, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

Dec 31 bottle from @andreizm is a real banger.

Oily and pours like tractor grade 40W with a deep mocha head. Barrel for days with vanilla and I think some coffee hiding in there.

[​IMG]

Woah baby - what a treat.

Thanks Andrei!

[​IMG]

32. Bum4ever

Trader

On to day 8:
    [​IMG]

This is the most milk chocolate tasting beer I have ever had. Thick, creamy, sweet, liquid chocolate ice cream. The wife took one sip and said, "Hershey bar". No idea on beer or brewery, but this thing is delicious.

Reveal:
    [​IMG]
    Once this got to room temp, I got hints of all the adjuncts. With PB and vanilla poking through the most, but this tastes just like chocolate ice cream and its amazing. Thanks @campa86 and @Coorsy!

Dan_K, Lazhal, blassor and 18 others like this.
  33. Snrubnivek

Snrubnivek Apr 16, 2016 California
    Trader

Day 11 from @Lazhal pulled out the Homes glass as I recognized the bottle shape. [​IMG]
    Guessing cherry on this one. Whatever it is, it’s excellent.

Dan_K, Lazhal, blassor and 12 others like this.
  34. Syracuse12

Syracuse12 Aug 21, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

Day brought another big stout this time with lots of vanilla.

[​IMG]

Vanilla, vanilla, vanilla...then some stout quite like the one I had yesterday.

[​IMG]

Nailed it, thank you @tommyguz this one was really good as well. Can't believe today is the last of the Mohican already

Happy new year everyone!

Dan_K, Lazhal, blassor and 18 others like this.
  35. oline73

oline73 Sep 18, 2009 Maryland
    Society Trader

My day 10 was from @campa86 . Bottle 1 was from Lost Cause Meadery. This mead is drier and more like a red wine. Definitely some fruit in it.
    [​IMG]
    Turns out it was wine barrel aged mead with strawberries and black currants. This is a different style mead than I’m used to, but I liked it!

bottle 2 is from honey pot meadery. This one is sweet and Jammy, has to be IHOP. Really excited to try this!
    [​IMG]

Dan_K, Lazhal, blassor and 21 others like this.
  36. oline73

oline73 Sep 18, 2009 Maryland
    Society Trader

Day 11 was from @campa86 . It was another bottle logic day (awesome!!) so I opened up my bottle logic puzzle and enjoyed my beers.

Bottle 1 was full of peanut butter and delicious. I wasn’t sure which peanut stout this was, but it was great!
    [​IMG]
    Bottle 2 was a fruited stout. I was thinking strawberries, and maybe this was prodigal physics, turns out it was blueberries. Another banger from bottle logic!
    [​IMG]

I also enjoyed an extra from @Snrubnivek while teaching my son to play Madden. Degarde has been killing it lately.
    [​IMG] P

Dan_K, Lazhal, blassor and 19 others like this.
  37. timmy2b

timmy2b Jan 24, 2007 New York
    Trader

Day Six had the little man visible on the cap! Good thing too cause the house I went to with the wife did not have a corkscrew so I had to bring my own.

[​IMG]
    Tart, Slightly acidic. Had a feeling this was a Fou', but first two sips confirmed that suspicion. Shared a little with two buddies.
    [​IMG]

2020 Version, and a wish list want! Thank you very much @Sassyshe888

Dan_K, Lazhal, blassor and 19 others like this.
  38. PassMeAZima

PassMeAZima Jan 1, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

And the reveal...Fermentery Form Vieux Selection. This one is really nice. Thanks @blassor #L4L

[​IMG]

Dan_K, Lazhal, blassor and 16 others like this.
  39. valrxman

valrxman Jun 30, 2010 Florida
    Trader

Time to play catch up. Here is day 4A. So many raspberries. A wonderful sour.
    [​IMG]

Dan_K, Lazhal, Syracuse12 and 10 others like this.
  40. valrxman

valrxman Jun 30, 2010 Florida
    Trader

Dan_K, Lazhal, Syracuse12 and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.