1994 SA Triple Bock - Good find or big mess?

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by jdb288, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdb288

jdb288 Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2013 New Jersey

Just came upon one of these and am curious what the consensus is these days. I've heard that it's syrupy, oxidized and a "mess". Wasn't much of an investment on my end, so I'll just be opening for curiosity's sake.

2. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Last two '95 bottles I opened were awful. That said, it's still something you should try once.

3. paulys55

paulys55 Zealot (502) Aug 2, 2010 Pennsylvania

You should open that with a friend...share the agony.

jdb288 and checktherhyme like this.
  4. psnydez86

psnydez86 Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2012 Pennsylvania

Had a 95' a couple weeks ago. Would have been really nice with rice and stir fry....actually on top of rice and stir fry. Good luck with the cork.

5. mkez

mkez Initiate (75) May 2, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

My local store had a whole case on the shelves recently, not sure of the year though. It's... interesting. I didn't hate it, which is a plus since I have one more bottle sitting around.

6. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Poo-Bah (13,467) Mar 18, 2010 California
    Society

The bottle I had was from 1997, and is still the worst beer I have ever tried hands down. I can't imagine an earlier vintage would be any better.

7. jdb288

jdb288 Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2013 New Jersey

Not the most inspiring reviews, but what I had come to expect for these bottles. I will report back...wish me luck!

8. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I will say, my second '95 wasn't half as bad as the first. I still threw up immediately upon smelling it though, and I didn't save much bile after drinking it either (2oz).

That said, it's totally an experience you must have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.