2014 Bruery Reserve Society Preview

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by MikeT77, Sep 5, 2013.

1. JGam115

JGam115 Apr 8, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Completely in your control, until your tastebuds start making the decisions for you.

2. averagjoe3

averagjoe3 Jul 9, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

PST?

3. Xul

Xul May 18, 2008 California

They didn't specify, but Pacific Time is a safe bet.

4. nrs207

nrs207 Sep 8, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Well I hope that was worth it. Wonder how long the memberships will last. Splitting it 5 ways so not really making a huge commitment, but getting easy and cheaper access to a lot of beers, plus Grey Monday and a few other society exclusives make it seem worthwhile to me. I find it odd they're including a Bois in the initial package though. Stuff was everywhere back in late spring, but whatever. Everything else sounds interesting. Hoping BA 6 GAL is nice since we get 2 of those.

5. averagjoe3

averagjoe3 Jul 9, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

decided to take the plunge with 2 friends. pretty excited about the release list.

6. SHODriver

SHODriver Aug 13, 2010 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

I just realized that the acronym for So Happens It's Tuesday is SHIT... Hopefully that isn't foreshadowing...

7. howopeeps

howopeeps Mar 7, 2011 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Will try again since it's a new page. Anyone willing to trustee let me know. Bm to figure out details

8. djaeon

djaeon Oct 2, 2006 California

Grey market aside, just the retail price for the beers alone that you get as a part of the membership cost almost pays for the whole fee.

luwak and albertq17 like this.
  9. analogchainsaw

analogchainsaw Nov 21, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Decided to pony up for a Reserve Membership as well. I'm not the biggest fan of the Bruery, but there are plenty of beers included in the membership that I'm looking forward to trying for the first time.

10. nanobrew

nanobrew Dec 31, 2008 California

I know someone who is looking to trustee for people. I am maxed out on the people I feel comfortable taking, but I can vouch for this other user. Send me a message if you still need a trustee.

joey_c and RedBeeron like this.
  11. Acropora

Acropora Oct 15, 2013 California

I can be your trustee if you're still looking for one. Anybody else looking for a trustee, let me know.

12. Scalawags

Scalawags Jun 18, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Agreed, this is what's holding me up from joining. Its still sitting everywhere on the shelves near me and I feel like they're just trying to get rid of a beer that isn't flying off the shelves like they thought it would. That said, I'm going to the site now to sign up.

13. Justinsosmart

Justinsosmart May 14, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Wow I didn't think about it that way. It's a great beer, it's just that the price point hurts. Oh well I signed up too haha.

14. Acropora

I agree. At roughly $28 on shelves in CA, it's not cheap but still a great beer.

15. mdfb79

mdfb79 Jan 11, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

At least we get two bottle of Chocolate Rain included in the Initiation Package. :)

Personally I like this Initiation Package better than the last 2 years. I like Bois better than WC (though I like the anniversary beers a good amount), I like Sans Pagaie better than Otiose, and would rather have CR than Melange 3. I think the bottles included are much better in general considering we get some S.H.I.T. and Rum Black Tuesday without having to join the Hoarders Society, but still get a crack at buying the 2 mystery beers.

Scalawags and the_trystero like this.
  16. dvnbtn

dvnbtn Sep 9, 2012 California

An inquiry to those splitting memberships with friends: how did you decide whose name goes on the membership? i've never been a member but i'm seriously considering a membership to split with a friend.

17. Acropora

I split my membership with my friend and I'm the one that asked him hence my name goes on the membership. I'm also closer and most likely going to be picking up the beer for him.

18. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

the main benefit of having your name on the membership is the ability to attend the events and get the special taps/pours. since i am not planning on flying out for events, it was a no brainer to put the other person's name on it.

19. Whatsarezaf

Whatsarezaf Feb 22, 2012 California

I think I"m going to do the same thing and cut off trustee for people pretty soon. I think I can probably do 1-2 more. I'm getting to the limit where there isn't space in my car. :)

20. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire Dec 20, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

If anyone needs a trustee bm me. I am in CA but not local enough to pickup in person.

21. Justinsosmart

Justinsosmart May 14, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I can probably take one more trustor, and I'm local so no double shipping.

22. daveydapoolman

daveydapoolman Sep 1, 2013 California

Wish i had more friends into craft beer. Want to split membership... Thinking about pulling the trigger solo

23. Acropora

Looks like we have a lot of members available to who willing to lend a helping hand. Such a great community.

24. bonkers

bonkers Feb 14, 2008 New Jersey

How fast does this sell out.

25. MayorsAssistant

MayorsAssistant Aug 31, 2011 Trinidad & Tobago

This is where you lost me.

Hopefully they actually make a decent Christmas beer this year. I'm not counting on it though.

26. djaeon

Something else to consider, beyond the initial $295 membership cost, is the cost of purchasing all of the special allocations that they release. This year it seems like they released a couple beers every month. It gets pretty expensive. For most of the year, I was buying at least 1 bottle from every allocation. Now I'm saving a little and concentrating on the beer styles I like most (skipping the sours).

27. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire Dec 20, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Your post complicates the process and is almost misleading. You pay initial money for intial beers. You then buy what you want.

28. djaeon

Didn't mean for that to be misleading, but thank's for clarifying:)

29. Fireslayer

Fireslayer Apr 13, 2013 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Been on the fence about joining...would just need a trustee. Decisions...decisions!

30. nanobrew

tell me about it. 27 cases this past Sunday. That does not include my beer (had my brother-in-law pick them up a few weeks before)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dvmin98, Savearth, Cynic-ale and 11 others like this.
  31. walterfredo

walterfredo Nov 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Last year I don't even think it did. You could purchase right up to the cutoff day. I could be wrong. If it ever did sell out last year...it was at the very end, pretty sure it was available for weeks.

32. clubarsky91

clubarsky91 Aug 5, 2012 California

I bought mine a couple days before New years. I don't believe it sold out last year

33. UT-Alex

UT-Alex Sep 15, 2012 Texas

ISO a trustee! If you're able to help shoot me a message and we can discuss the details; which includes but not limited to: free beer, and likes on 100% of your posts.

mrcraft and Justinsosmart like this.
  34. djaeon

Pretty sure I bought mine in December also.

35. Whatsarezaf

Whatsarezaf Feb 22, 2012 California

Maybe my problem is that I need to learn how to stuff more boxes in my car. I only stuff about 6-8, so maybe I have more room than I thought for trusteeing. I just need a lesson on how to fill a hatchback properly!!

Luckily I only live 10-15 min from the Bruery.

nanobrew likes this.
  36. walterfredo

walterfredo Nov 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I don't mind being a trustee for someone, caveat being that I live a few hours away and only do pickups about every 3-4 months. So you'd have to be ok with the beers being held at the bruery and only receiving shipments every 3-4 months. If you're ok with that feel free to BM me.

37. UT-Alex

UT-Alex Sep 15, 2012 Texas

Holy shit, thanks for all the responses. You Californians are quite alright.

38. dujayhawk

dujayhawk Aug 8, 2011 Kansas
    Beer Trader

Looking for a trustee as well. BM me and we can talk specifics. Thanks!

39. phantastiic

phantastiic Mar 5, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

If anyone needs a trustee let me know. I purchased my rs package today and will be picking up packages once every month as I live about an hour away ( San Diego). BM me if you need a trustee.

40. nanobrew

If anyone is looking to be a trustee (and especially if you are new), I have a spreadsheet to keep track of all of the beers purchased, picked up, and shipped. Let me know if you would like the link. Trusteeing can be a lot of work, especially if you are trusteeing for numerous people. I would hate to see "bad trustee" threads pop up. Word of advise; if you are new to being a trustee start small, one or two people. Anything at or above 4 people becomes A LOT of work keeping track of purchases, especially in the later months of the year when the popular beers are released.

Edit: I put the link to the spreadsheet on my profile, you should be able to access it there and copy the info into your own spreadsheet (don't modify my sheet)

ZamaMan, Acropora, mdfb79 and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe