2014 Craft Brewers Conference

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Prospero, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Prospero

Prospero Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Anyone else already excited for this? :D

I feel like it's coming home, to where it should be. We'll have the CBC, WBC & GABF in one year next year!

2. joshclauss

joshclauss Oct 31, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

This is insanity. After GABF that year, I think the sky might rip open above the Convention Center and kick off the apocalypse.

Knownfactor likes this.
  3. Prospero

Beer Trader

I think I might have to brew a special batch of beer in celebration. This might be my excuse to wait a year to drink my homebrew. Maybe an American Brett or Oud Bruin, might line up nicely with the NHBC as well. I think I'll call it "The World's Great American Craft Conference Festival Cup Beer" or "The World's Greatest" for short.

4. mkorpal

mkorpal Oct 28, 2007 Colorado

Well, I guess I have no excuse not to go;

5. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard May 19, 2005 Colorado

I'm excited. I had fun in D.C. even though I got lost and almost pissed myself (what's new, right?). Lots of info floating around at the CBC. We hope to host a seminar and an exhibit booth next year, so I can't wait (it's, like, more than a year away!)

Methinks a beer tasting is in order....

Knownfactor likes this.
  6. dauss

dauss Aug 9, 2003 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I'm excited. Can't wait.

7. Prospero

Beer Trader

I hope there are a tons of events around town during the week, kinda like GABF, so there's opportunity to meet the brewers. I absolutely agree we should at minimum have a BA tasting.

8. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard May 19, 2005 Colorado

I'm working on a proposal to send to BA (eh, the other one) about conference improvements/additions. One is a "free mingle" session for all the attendees (or just brewers). Since brewing takes a lot of time, it's hard to get brewers together in a big room all at once. They love to talk, drink, talk and drink....so make time/space available to them. yes?

There are other ideas floating around in my noggin, knocking into the few remaining marbles. :confused:

Prospero likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe