Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

2014 Craft Brewers Conference

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Prospero, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prospero

Prospero Savant (948) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Anyone else already excited for this? :grinning:

I feel like it's coming home, to where it should be. We'll have the CBC, WBC & GABF in one year next year!

2. joshclauss

joshclauss Aspirant (243) Oct 31, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

This is insanity. After GABF that year, I think the sky might rip open above the Convention Center and kick off the apocalypse.

Knownfactor likes this.
  3. Prospero

Beer Trader

I think I might have to brew a special batch of beer in celebration. This might be my excuse to wait a year to drink my homebrew. Maybe an American Brett or Oud Bruin, might line up nicely with the NHBC as well. I think I'll call it "The World's Great American Craft Conference Festival Cup Beer" or "The World's Greatest" for short.

4. mkorpal

mkorpal Aspirant (214) Oct 28, 2007 Colorado

Well, I guess I have no excuse not to go;

5. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,461) May 19, 2005 Colorado

I'm excited. I had fun in D.C. even though I got lost and almost pissed myself (what's new, right?). Lots of info floating around at the CBC. We hope to host a seminar and an exhibit booth next year, so I can't wait (it's, like, more than a year away!)

Methinks a beer tasting is in order....

Knownfactor likes this.
  6. dauss

dauss Defender (664) Aug 9, 2003 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I'm excited. Can't wait.

7. Prospero

Beer Trader

I hope there are a tons of events around town during the week, kinda like GABF, so there's opportunity to meet the brewers. I absolutely agree we should at minimum have a BA tasting.

8. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,461) May 19, 2005 Colorado

I'm working on a proposal to send to BA (eh, the other one) about conference improvements/additions. One is a "free mingle" session for all the attendees (or just brewers). Since brewing takes a lot of time, it's hard to get brewers together in a big room all at once. They love to talk, drink, talk and drink....so make time/space available to them. yes?

There are other ideas floating around in my noggin, knocking into the few remaining marbles. :confused:

Prospero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.