2015 KBS Bottle Share - March 13th at Springhill Suites, MI

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by TastyDelicousness, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ojgio

ojgio Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Michigan

2. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,355) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

That looks to be a perfect route for a shuttle service!

3. TimfromGR

TimfromGR Initiate (78) Apr 11, 2013 Michigan

Thanks for the invite, Tasty D! I'll be AWOL for the release party line share on Saturday :slight_frown: (have to drive to Purdue to pick son up for Spring Break) but will try to swing by the hotel on Fri night.

TastyDelicousness likes this.
  4. TimfromGR

TimfromGR Initiate (78) Apr 11, 2013 Michigan

I won't put it on the share list because I'm a tenative, but if I can make it, I'll probably bring some Hipster Brunch and BA Neopalitan stouts.

5. jroberge1981

jroberge1981 Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2009 North Carolina

@TastyDelicousness thanks for the reminder and invite! To this day, this was still my favorite bottle share I've attended. Alas, distance is a bitch and we can't make the drive this year. FYI - These guys and gals are awesome, you'll leave with tons of new friends and drinking buddies - go if you can! Cheers everyone!

6. fredmugs

fredmugs Meyvn (1,484) Aug 11, 2012 Indiana
    Deactivated

I remember you! Sad to hear you won't be there.

7. fredmugs

Deactivated

Drunk bump. Those Cycle beers!

Smokesnotes likes this.
  8. zrab11

zrab11 Crusader (732) Dec 25, 2010 Indiana
    Trader

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know I just found out my wife is pregnant which is awesome! But the time has also come that I must down size my cellar to make room for the baby. Instead of having 2 chest freezers I am now downsized to 1 small stand up freezer. So inevitably I have beers that just don't fit and I won't get to anytime soon. So I want them to be in the hands of plp that will. Did manage to get 250 of my 300 bottles to fit.

So I know there is a place on the spreadsheet to post this but since this is kinda large I'd thought I'd post it here. Hopefully that's OK and in no way am I trying to thread jack this thread.

So any of these beers are up for trade.. And I'm looking to obviously do this IP at the tasting. But obviously not looking to do 1:1 trades as that wouldn't help my prob. Soo looking for plp who maybe want 3-4 bottles for 1 of there bottles. Also if u don't have any beer to trade I'd even just take cold hard cash(which would inevitably go to diapers and not beer:slight_frown: haha) .. And I'd only charge retail price. Not looking to make any money here just looking to get good beer in the hands of good plp that will actually be able to enjoy it.

So none of these are super rare but all good beers and may be great for plp wanting to build a vertical or what not. As far as beer I'm looking for. Abraxus, sump are ones I've been wanting to have. Also anything on my wants or any good sours or BA stouts.

So here is the list.

2011,2012, 2013(x2) Dark Lord
    Upland permission slip
    Praire bomb Dec 2014
    x2 Blackhole necromancer (for u coffee drinkers)
    x2 2012,2013,2014 Bigfoot
    2011,2012,2013,2014 KBS
    x2 2014 BCS 4 pack
    2013,2014 Bells expedition
    x2 Sunking - hop up offa that Brett
    2013 HF Everett Porter
    2011 weyerbacher Insanity

So nothing crazy but BM me if u want to try and work out a IP trade. As I said before looking for plp to do single bottles for multiples of mine or just cash..

All these beers have been stored properly since in my possession at 52-55f

This cellar downsize means I'll be bringing more to the tasting to pop. So that is at least a plus!

#88 zrab11, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  9. SAEmick

SAEmick Aspirant (227) Jan 16, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

CONGRATS on being a future Papa, bro!!!

So, KBS will be a bottle share & a celebration!

10. Yzerman2010

Yzerman2010 Initiate (102) May 10, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

Msg'd you!

11. Yzerman2010

Trader

For you guys coming to GR, there is a bus service that hits most of the downtown GR breweries that a friend of ours runs!

It's called Beer City Runner http://www.beercityrunner.com/

Please consider it! Be safe and have fun in town!

12. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 Ohio
    Deactivated

Sounds like one heck of a party and having drank with Tim before I can only imagine how awesome this night will be. I unfortunately will not be able to make it out but if anyone is on the fence, trust me, you will have fun! Have a blast fellas!!!

end_27 and fredmugs like this.
  13. Yzerman2010

Trader

If anyone is interested in IP trades PM me.

14. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Aspirant (212) Apr 6, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Can't post to the bottle doc. But I'm ISO Apple Brandy Noir, and Bomb! variants. If you have any of these and are open to trading them, get ahold of me and we can discuss details and what I have for trade.

end_27 likes this.
  15. MSEGUIN

Trader

What do you have for trade?

end_27 and Fox82791 like this.
  16. SAEmick

Trader

how much for your avitar?

end_27, Jaycase, ojgio and 2 others like this.
  17. Smokesnotes

Smokesnotes Devotee (416) Apr 26, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Looking for only Bomb! variants or interested in a regular Bomb! as well?

18. Yzerman2010

Trader

I may have a bomb and the apple but it depends if my buddy whos shipping them gets them in my hands by the 13th.

19. EMETIC

EMETIC Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2014 Michigan

Looking forward to this , last year was great!

end_27 likes this.
  20. zrab11

Trader

I updated the beers that are gone just so I don't get any more messages about those.
    The ones not stuckout are still available.. BM me if u would like any of them.

Thanks again for all the nice congrats and messages. Super excited that this tasting will be two fold for me! Can't wait for next Friday.

#100 zrab11, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  21. MSEGUIN

Trader

Only looking for the variants now. But I'll never say no to a trade for dat Bomb!.

end_27 likes this.
  22. MSEGUIN

Trader

@fredmugs any chance there was a public sale from the last Upland release? I'm ISO a blueberry lambic from Upland. Or if you just have one for trade. Holler.

23. fredmugs

Deactivated

The public sale is on the 14th. I'll see if any of my friends can spare one. I don't have any fruited sours right now.

MSEGUIN likes this.
  24. 1beardedbeerdrinker

1beardedbeerdrinker Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2014 Illinois

I'll be there on Friday for my KBS fix and have a FT thread started. LMK if anyone's interested in IP deals.

25. plogan

plogan Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2015 New York

I'll be at the bottle share and I'm bringing heady topper and sip of sunshine. I'm in VT right now driving all over creation. Looking for DL, BA's and other cellerables.

fredmugs and ojgio like this.
  26. Fox82791

Fox82791 Devotee (469) Jun 20, 2014 New York
    Trader

Already put you in the spreadsheet Pat :wink:

27. Smokesnotes

Smokesnotes Devotee (416) Apr 26, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

I see there are a couple of people bringing Heady and SOS, I'm hoping to try these wants and will really like to score a couple cans. I think I'm just gonna bring some beers to possibly trade (KBS, BB Imperial Mayan Mocha, BA Siberian Night, etc). Hopefully can get something done.

28. plogan

plogan Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2015 New York

I mean, I have these beers to trade. I have other beer for the bottle share...sorry I wasn't too clear there.

Fox82791 likes this.
  29. esktime

esktime Zealot (503) Jan 21, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Do you pay in advance or just show up with $5 and some cellerable beers and enjoy???? I would be interested in purchasing Limited and brewery release BA Stouts, English Barleywines and Stouts.

30. Jonnyhiggs

Jonnyhiggs Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2012 Illinois

is there a trading document set up? incase people want to set up some trades and what not? maybe it's here but, you know, lazy and shit. @Macbravo

fredmugs likes this.
  31. SAEmick

Trader

for the share, just show up with $5 to help pay for the room. then bring whatever you want and we'll be sharing & cracking beers all night!

there should be a column on the google doc for trades, but feel free to expand the column to put more info

end_27 and Jonnyhiggs like this.
  32. GreekTragedy

GreekTragedy Initiate (83) Jul 25, 2011 Indiana

Anyone gonna be up at Founders on the Saturday KBS release not interested in getting a full allotment?

33. zrab11

Trader

Just a heads up tasting group friends..

I will be cancelling a double queen bed room nonsmoking for 228$ after tax for the Hampton Inn like 200yards from the spring Hill Suites hotel the tasting is at..

I'll be cancelling this in a day or two.. If anyone is interested in it. BM me and we can work out details to maybe just transfer it over in your name or something. If not no biggy. Just thought I'd see.

Don't worry I'm still coming. I just got a room at the spring Hill Suites and obviously don't need 2 rooms.

34. Crazykole5

Crazykole5 Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2013 Maryland

Looking forward to doing this again! Had an awesome time last year, and I have been spreading the word to a lot of locals about this awesome share. Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

end_27 and totalbangover like this.
  35. fredmugs

Deactivated

Awesome! I've never had SoS. Haven't been able to reel in any Hop Juju either.

36. zrab11

Trader

1 hr from now the first beer will be popped at the tasting.......

Wait nevermind we still have a week left :slight_frown:
    I wish it was today!

fredmugs likes this.
  37. Fox82791

Fox82791 Devotee (469) Jun 20, 2014 New York
    Trader

I read this and it scared the shit outta me for a second haha

zrab11 likes this.
  38. fredmugs

Deactivated

I was just saying that one week from right now Imma be drunk as fuck.

39. elkhunter36

elkhunter36 Initiate (62) Feb 29, 2012 Wisconsin

At first I was fine with Huna and this being on the same weekend. But I keep poking my head in this thread and now not so much :slight_frown:.

40. SAEmick

Trader

You will definitely be missed my friend...but once you get to sunny FL, i'm sure you won't regret the Huna party!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.