2015 Sierra Nevada Barrel-Aged Narwhal.

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by raynmoon, Oct 19, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicdebris

cosmicdebris Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2008 Connecticut

Got 3 bottles today in CT

2. Jdub2839

Jdub2839 Pundit (780) Mar 15, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Definitely dont need to age this beer, really no point.

3. DeviousSpirits

DeviousSpirits Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2009 Michigan

Damn it, Michigan! Let's see some!

A2HB and MittenBrews like this.
  4. quinnsi

quinnsi Zealot (623) Nov 22, 2008 Illinois

It was a pricing error on the distributors end. I thought it was odd too.

JDW4195 likes this.
  5. Hop-Droppen-Roll

Hop-Droppen-Roll Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2013 Minnesota

Saw this comment, saw that @creepinjeeper had liked it, and I can't let it go. I MUST KNOW, DAVE.... have you yet consumed this mighty beast of a stout?

creepinjeeper likes this.
  6. creepinjeeper

creepinjeeper Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2012 Missouri

N
    Not yet. Very, very soon though ... you'll know.

Hop-Droppen-Roll likes this.
  7. NickyDee21

NickyDee21 Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2011 Pennsylvania

Grabbed two bottles last year. Drank one, still have the other. I can say, without a doubt, this is one of the best BBA stouts I've had. IMO, everything just came together so perfectly. Great beer, would love to get more this year, though I will say I'm disappointed they went away from the screen-printed labels (that bottle is possibly my favorite packaging for a beer).

BUICKBILL, mig100 and Briesch like this.
  8. Beer21

Beer21 Maven (1,306) Oct 17, 2010 Florida

Question...Is this thread full of poor college aged beer drinkers? I mean really. I know when I was in college I couldn't afford much but you go the extra mile for 2 things... women and beer! Everything else can suffer until the real bills hit when you get a job. Not a bartender job...I mean a job where you actually pay taxes. We are talking a few dollars per bottle. Is that really going to break someones beer drinking fund? Lets have a thread about the beer and not about how much it costs. If you can't afford it then leave it for me and quit whining about the cost. In my opinion of course! And frankly I love the beer!

9. Giantspace

Giantspace Pooh-Bah (2,879) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Still sitting on a BA bigfoot. Not a huge Narwal fan. Passed on a case of regular today for $51. I still remember when Bigfoot was $44 a case

Enjoy

10. MacMalt

MacMalt Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,658) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I just bought one for $17.99. Will have it tomorrow after work. I'll probably buy some more as I really enjoyed it last year.

11. Beer-vortex

Beer-vortex Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2015 Minnesota

Interesting. The two bottles I got here in MSP did have the screen print; not a label (and these were 2015 bottles).

12. mig100

mig100 Pooh-Bah (2,633) Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Anyone know when this will arrive in Texas?

13. rden4654

rden4654 Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2014 Ohio

Amen to that the Maple Stout sucked as well. Not even a hint of maple in it I had to blend some of Jackie O's BBBM with it. It was a better BA Stout than the Narwhal though.

14. cam099

cam099 Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2014 Connecticut

If you are in Charlotte, I picked up two at Total Wine (Park Rd) yesterday. They were labeled at $19.99 each but the register tried to screw me at $22/each. Make sure you check before you pay!

15. Crim122

Crim122 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2014 North Carolina

No i am in Durham. But I have a friend in Charlotte...I'll see what he can do for me lol.

16. Hop-Droppen-Roll

Hop-Droppen-Roll Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2013 Minnesota

I was gonna say 'single guy with no kids', but we're both probably right.

17. Crim122

Crim122 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2014 North Carolina

20 dollars does look expensive. But it's still cheaper than going out.

18. ncusatis

ncusatis Crusader (483) Dec 22, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

Just hit WI, 17.99-19.99,

19. Kjcobus

Kjcobus Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2014 Wisconsin

My sentiments exactly. People need to stop pretending like one $20 bottle of beer is really breaking their beer habits. Like when you go out and buy expensive pours, or hoard other things. I know plenty of people who make 30-40k a year (single and married) who make this hobby work. I know plenty of people in a much higher salary range that do it too. I'm no neurosurgeon salary by any means, but this isn't bad.

Everyone's just whiny because the craft beer market is starting to realize it's price point potential and the kind of profit they can make. Especially on some of these crazy barrel aged annual releases, it costs A LOT to make, tank, barrel (or tank) store, and then produce and release from an ingredients perspective, to holding, to warehousing.

You're not entitled to get beer at only a fraction above cost.

20. Kjcobus

Kjcobus Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2014 Wisconsin

You've contributed nothing to the thread by comparing your preference and price points of three beers not related to the title thread. I award you no points.

BUICKBILL and mrhartounian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.