2019 Sierra Nevada Celebration Lookout Thread

Discussion in 'New England' started by EnronCFO, Oct 15, 2019.

1. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Zealot (523) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

$14.49/12-pack and $8.99/6er at Wegmans in Westwood

2. BleepBloopBlap

BleepBloopBlap Initiate (77) Aug 19, 2011 Massachusetts

12.99 no deposit at market basket in Nashua

Genuine likes this.
  3. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Defender (634) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

The post of the tread. I’ll be buying 2 cases on Friday.

4. cmoney13

cmoney13 Initiate (133) Sep 9, 2017 Massachusetts

I was considering buying 4 cases and doing 1/week for an entire year as an experiment, but I'm not currently set up to store that much and I'm planning a move in a few months so it'll have to wait.

Not sure what it is but I'm finding it exceptional this year. Is it always this carbonated? A delicate pour still produces a huge fluffy head with excellent lacing.

AlcahueteJ and oldbean like this.
  5. lic217

lic217 Champion (858) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Trader

Yes the beer always seems to have a ton of lacing and a lot of carbonation

Genuine likes this.
  6. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Meyvn (1,119) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts

I've noticed the same thing. Both the taste and the head seem extra
    phenomenal this year, and I've been drinking it for at least 14-15 years now.

Genuine, Jaycase and cmoney13 like this.
  7. lic217

lic217 Champion (858) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Trader

I have been drinking it for almost ten years and have always noticed the lacing and head.

Genuine likes this.
  8. cmoney13

same, but this year, like alca said, it's extra

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  9. AlcahueteJ

Yup, that’s exactly what I meant.

I probably can dig up some previous years pictures and compare to see if it’s just my mind playing tricks on me.

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  10. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (111) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts

Yeah it’s always been a “sticky” beer

had my first last night and couldn’t fit a whole bottle into a willi becher as the head was really aggressive

So damn good though

Genuine, EnronCFO and AlcahueteJ like this.
  11. pbrian

pbrian Defender (664) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

She’s a thing of beauty

More of this or less of that than previous years? I don’t care for those discussions, always awesome.

AlcahueteJ, Genuine, EnronCFO and 2 others like this.
  12. HoppyJesus

HoppyJesus Initiate (65) Sep 22, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Is this beer open fermented? I'm wondering if this years version might be open fermented. I get a touch more ester fruity character in this years version. Nice head retention for sure. Tasting really nice.

13. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,304) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

(Former SN)Bill mentioned they do (did) try to open ferment a portion of Celebration to add to the packaging blends in this old post. Maybe @SierraTerence can confirm if they have this year.

Genuine likes this.
  14. EnronCFO

Yeah, I’ve been pouring 11oz in the glass and drinking the last ounce from the bottle due to the head. Love it

LukieBL and Genuine like this.
  15. Genuine

Genuine Devotee (437) May 7, 2009 Connecticut

It's one of the prettiest holiday beers when poured into almost any glass. I ordered a Keg of it a week ago, and I'm anxiously waiting for it to come in. I'll call today and see if it's in as I would love to have this on tap for the weekend.

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  16. pbrian

pbrian Defender (664) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

If you’re in the Farmington River Valley, I’ll be tight over!

17. cmoney13

Keg of celebration... you're my hero.

Really I know I keep gushing, but this is just scratching whatever itch I have right now. It's like beer of the year territory for me. I got home late last night, really looking forward to trying a Great Notion beer from the recent drop they had, and after 2 sips I just thought "man I wish I just reached for a Celebration."

jlordi12, AlcahueteJ, Genuine and 3 others like this.
  18. Genuine

19. AlcahueteJ

Much like the beer in the Schilling thread, this is also a fuckin’ thing of beauty.

FrankLloydMike, tzieser and Jaycase like this.
  20. oldbean

oldbean Disciple (350) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

I've noticed this too, and it's not subtle.

Genuine and EnronCFO like this.
  21. Troutbeerbum

Troutbeerbum Initiate (185) Dec 5, 2016 Maine

Still none in my area. Local beer shop has told me " next week" for three weeks now. Checked out Hannaford, F'ing display of Harpoon Dunkin Donuts ! WTF???

22. meefmoff

meefmoff Devotee (426) Jul 6, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I'm not quite as smitten with Celebration as the rest of you but I always love surfing on the enthusiasm :slight_smile:

Just picked up my first sixer and I'm getting a slight minty sort of character that I don't recall noticing before - is that just my own weird palate?

23. jbertsch

jbertsch Meyvn (1,174) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

I wonder if what you're noticing is the same faint holiday spice note I always perceive in it. It's one of the reasons I'm a fan of it.

Genuine and meefmoff like this.
  24. LakesideBrewing

LakesideBrewing Initiate (97) Dec 1, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

My wife picked up some at Market Basket in Salem, NH. 12 pack, bottles, $14.99.

jlordi12 likes this.
  25. Genuine

I trust that most everyone has been able to find some by now. I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and Cheers to the official Start of the Holiday Season! I will be having several from my tap today. Can’t wait to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade!

meefmoff, jbarletto, Jaycase and 7 others like this.
  26. EnronCFO

I shockingly couldn’t find it at the grocery store near my parents in upstate NY yesterday. Going to be a Celebration-less turkey day for me. But hope everyone else throws a few back!

27. LakesideBrewing

LakesideBrewing Initiate (97) Dec 1, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

My thanksgiving day tradition continues: I drank these all day yesterday! So delicious this year! I also have a 4 year vertical now, I’m contemplating drinking them now or waiting for a 5 year vertical next year.

MattOC, AlcahueteJ and Trumpetguy like this.
  28. cmoney13

After a couple glasses of white wine with dinner, had two while playing cards after. Having one now rooting for Swansea against Fulham.

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  29. MattOC

MattOC Disciple (338) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Right on. I've had a six pack so far and I've done it in 2 bottle increments. Man, this beer. It is so easy to put away. Savor sips or slug it back. Just too easy. There's something to that quality and drinkability. I can't say that about many beers outside of my favorite lagers. Wouldn't think of and or be able to do it with the sea of hazy beers we're surrounded by in this region.

ManapuaMan, Mikecap, cmoney13 and 3 others like this.
  30. Rekrule

Rekrule Defender (643) Nov 11, 2011 Massachusetts

Grabbed my annual 6. Tasting nice.

31. SunDevilBeer

12 packs on sale @ Market Basket this week for $12.99 (in NH - not sure of MA).

meefmoff, T-RO and AlcahueteJ like this.
  32. bleakies

bleakies Disciple (364) Apr 11, 2011 Massachusetts

Stalwart brew again. The market's so saturated with hoppy beer that I pretty much never pick up the same one twice in succession, but I'm on my third twelver of Celebration in a row.

A beer so trustworthy it's nailed my short attention span right to the floor. Kudos.

33. SunDevilBeer

In a world of myriad un-heard of, unpredictable IPA’s for $20/4-pack tall boys -SNCA stands out easily. A great beer at an honest price, that’s why this beer is so popular amongst long-time beer fans.

Trumpetguy, meefmoff, Rysk22 and 6 others like this.
  34. raenge

raenge Initiate (54) Dec 31, 2016 Rhode Island

this post is even better if read in movie trailer voice.

35. EnronCFO

Snagged a 12-pack of 10/14 batch today to enjoy with thanksgiving leftovers. All is well in the world.

eaglephile likes this.
  36. cmoney13

Enjoying first of my last two after a pleasant serene walk through the snow. My girl and I have decided a booze break is in order between now and Xmas, so tonight will be the last for a while. But I might stock up another 12er for Xmas day.

AlcahueteJ and EnronCFO like this.
  37. Glider

Glider Zealot (541) Nov 15, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

You picked the wrong month to quit drinking.

I haven’t gotten around to picking up any Celebration yet, but hope to grab a 12 this week.

eaglephile likes this.
  38. cmoney13

meh, at functions and nights out I'll still imbibe, just keeping lazy home drinking down. One of the main ways pounds get packed on between Thanksgiving and New Year's.

I don't really care about BA Stouts much so really all I'm missing out on is Celebration, and I've already gone through 2 twelve packs.

Shaymus and Glider like this.
  39. T-RO

T-RO Devotee (408) Nov 9, 2012 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

On my sixth twelve pack and I know I'll be picking up more. It does not get tiresome.

AlcahueteJ and SunDevilBeer like this.
  40. AlcahueteJ

Wow, do you drink anything else right now, or just Celebration?

Earliest sightings I have here is around 10/30. That's 72 beers in ~30 days, but given the ABV it's like 98 standard drinks.

Not judging, kind of jealous actually.