$25 Bottles

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by callisbeers, Apr 1, 2012.

1. callisbeers

callisbeers Oct 29, 2008 North Carolina

Saw this last night at a wine store with a good selection of beer, $25 750ml bottles of Foe Hammer. Is this the going price for this beer? I mean the bottle was all fancy and stuff but is the beer worth that? Was curious because I have had other stuff from Roth.

2. ewright

ewright Oct 25, 2007 North Carolina

Yeah, I've seen it anywhere from $20-25. I do like some of their beers when I can find them, but that's a hard price to pay for bourbon barrel aged beers, much less a non-aged beer. I've passed and will continue to do so.

3. manaox2

manaox2 Jul 15, 2010 North Carolina

I don't think I know anyone who thinks it was worth the price personally. Rumor has it the price is a little high because of accidentally ordering the fancy swing top bottles. Sorry If I'm stepping on any toes here saying this.

4. whitekiboko

whitekiboko Sep 22, 2006 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Obviously the previous discussion was lost, but I got the impression that the consensus on whether it was worth it was somewhere between Hell No and %^#% No.

5. mechamifune

mechamifune Jan 26, 2008 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Yeah the price point on that one is.... odd. I assume there is some kind of explanation along the lines of what was mentioned above. The beer itself is pretty good (I tried it at a tasting) but I would have some trouble paying even half of a $25 price tag for it.

6. twowheelssoar

twowheelssoar Jul 28, 2009 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

If it needs to be said again...heck no. One can probably get Olde Hickory Imperial Stout for about 1/2 the price in the same store. The only thing I've paid that much for is Eclipse, and I'm not even sure that was worth it.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe