3 Floyds permanently closing Munster brewpub

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by brewme, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

So...when will DLD be and will they allow
    IL residents?

JFresh21 likes this.
  2. miniditka77

miniditka77 May 21, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Funny story: I drank another Blurple Gatti (or so I thought) last night, and it tasted totally different from a month ago. No longer sweet, none of the adjuncts were even noticeable, and it tasted a little hoppy even. Good, but not remotely the same beer. I was all set to go on BA in the morning and tell everyone that something is happening to the beer, and then I looked in the trash and saw an empty bottle of BA Behemoth. I grabbed it out of the fridge in the dark last night and didn't notice. Doh!

3. ajcuster89

ajcuster89 Apr 14, 2014 Vermont
    Trader

Ron Howard voice: The Zombie Dust wasn't fresh.

core42, croush, Number1Framer and 4 others like this.
  4. HouseofWortship

Society Trader

This actually explains 97.5% of the review discrepancies on this site.

5. miniditka77

miniditka77 May 21, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I'm going to use the term "bottle variation" in quotes from now on, accompanied by one of these emojis: :rolling_eyes:

HouseofWortship likes this.
  6. Sabtos

Sabtos Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

My Rod My Comfort got popped this weekend and I actually liked it. I normally hate peated Scotch (wow, who's never heard that one before?), but it's mild and provides an accent that actually complements and subdues some of the DL sweetness. I've never hated the DL sweetness, but the Scotch improved the experience for me, as opposed to expectations, and relative to some of the wine barrel aged variants. If any hint of peat would make you sick, I still wouldn't recommend it. I've never heard confirmation it was an actual peated Scotch barrel this time around (looking at you Dia Oscuro and Turtledogg), but it's definitely got that earthy, smoky hint to it regardless.

7. HouseofWortship

Society Trader

ISO: My Rod My Comfort; FT: Delta variant.

Sabtos likes this.
  8. Sabtos

Sabtos Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Speaking of, is DLD just up and cancelled this year? Even and including a drive-thru only bottle release? I guess since I remember listening to the election results on the way back home last year, if it happens at all we might be a ways off from any announcements.

flat_lander likes this.
  9. kodt

kodt Mar 6, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

The www.darklordday.com site was down for a few weeks, but now it appears to be back up, no updates though.

Sabtos, flat_lander and TonyLuvsBeer like this.
  10. TonyLuvsBeer

TonyLuvsBeer Mar 28, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Progress is good.

11. BrandonK

BrandonK Jul 15, 2012 Indiana
    Trader

I think they usually do 3 year cycles on the regular DL bottles, and I doubt they would upgrade to a fully-printed bottle to have that be the last year. And I’m sure a lot of the DL they brewed last year made it into barrels, pandemic be damned.

JohnnyHopps and Sabtos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.