3 Fonteinen

Discussion in 'US - West' started by BeerandLoathing, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerandLoathing

BeerandLoathing (0) Jan 28, 2011 Oregon

It's been a while since I've graced the presence of the PNW Beeradvocate Thread.

But I figured I'd let my fellow beer nerds know that I was just over at Hollywood Liquor on Sandy and saw almost the full lineup of 3Fonteinen beers that dropped around last spring. They had Cuvee in 375s and 750s, Oude Gueze in 750s, and Hommage in 750s. Also some giant magnums left which were out of my price range. But they're all at a pretty good discount from what I paid the last time.

Christmas in June for a sour beer fan or anyone looking to pad their cellar with some beers that age exceptionally well.

Cheers!

2. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt (1,880) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

Can ya deliver brah?

Nonsense aside, that's awesome. I hope folks who actually love that stuff get it, and not the trade whores.

kemoarps and BeerandLoathing like this.
  3. DefenCorps

DefenCorps (1,282) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

That's the brilliant thing about the amount that the Shelton's dropped. Everyone that would want this can get this, so it's no longer effective trade bait. Maybe the first week, before stuff started showing up around the country, but not since then.

Come on down, or ask @John_M or @vurt to bring you some. Or maybe @NWer , who seems to be here more often than not.

4. BeerandLoathing

BeerandLoathing (0) Jan 28, 2011 Oregon

I wish. Where in Washington do you reside though? Maybe I'll swing up with a few for a bottle share sometime.

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  5. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt (1,880) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

The City of Subdued Excitement.

6. Fixer234

Fixer234 (55) Apr 3, 2014 Oregon

Shelton Bros still has some left. We just refilled the shelves with them last week, both 750's and 375's. It's pretty great to be able to pick one up when I feel like it and not have to wait for them to randomly appear a few times a year and sell out fast.

7. itracy63

itracy63 (0) Apr 20, 2013 Washington

I believe there needs to be a 2019 after 3 Fonteinen

8. Dactrius

Dactrius (985) Apr 23, 2012 Netherlands Antilles
    Society Trader

There are still many parts of the country where Shelton's didn't drop any so it should still trade. I haven't seen 3F in Wisconsin in about 4 years (and it sold out in about 2 hours that time). It felt wrong to pick up a bottle when I was in Portland a little while back since I should be stocking up on Oregon beers but it's not like I can get 3f at home either.

BeerandLoathing and sharpski like this.
  9. ChugChugPass

ChugChugPass (0) Jun 16, 2017 Washington

Still hard to get in Seattle for some reason; everything but the OG is heavily limited.

10. distantmantra

distantmantra (740) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

Unlike Shelton Bros OR, whoever runs Shelton Bros WA doesn't give a shit about us and figured a couple cases of Oude Geuze was good enough to shut us up. When I was in Bend over Memorial Day Weekend the Market of Choice had a big end cap advertising 375/750s of Oude Geuze, Armond & Gaston and Oude Kriek (which was a one off batch that had honey added to it). Up at the bar they had Zenne, Hommage and even some Magnums.

11. jpbebeau

jpbebeau (0) Sep 11, 2011 Washington

*Golden Blend*

sharpski and distantmantra like this.
  12. DefenCorps

DefenCorps (1,282) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

You almost had me running out the door at work and calling my wife letting her know I'd be, eh, late tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.