3 for 1 swap

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by bubseymour, Jul 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SierraNevallagash

SierraNevallagash Meyvn (1,135) Sep 23, 2018 Maine
    Trader

Does Allagash not show up in TX? That's unfortunate. I've traded a fair bit of Allagash for Jester King. One of my TX trading partners told me that distribution is difficult in TX, being such a large state, that often beer gets spread very thin, ie. only within a couple major cities, and the rest of the state is screwed. That's unfortunate. I also heard from Rob himself that Allagash is likely,(albeit maybe temporarily) reducing their distribution footprint, in-part due to COVID-related financial difficulties.

They're a wonderful brewery, and I wish more of the country had the chance to access them. If you ever need an Allagash care package - you know where to find me.

At least you have Jester King, Lone Pint, Live Oak, and killer bourbon! Life isn't so bad...

Cheers!

2. keithmurray

keithmurray Poo-Bah (1,802) Oct 7, 2009 Connecticut
    Society

Get rid of : Butternuts, Captain Lawrence, Maine Beer Company

Gimme: Fat Heads

3. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,917) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

ISO:

Have:

Boston Beer Company
    The Gambrinus Company
    Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
    Brooklyn Brewery
    Alaskan Brewing & Bottling Co
    Abita Brewing Co
    Great Lakes Brewing Co
    Sweetwater Brewing Co
    Stevens Point Brewery Co
    Big Sky Brewing Co..
    Ballast Point/Kings & Convicts if "In State" Regional breweries count..

Will trade three + above for any / all below:

Want:

Beachwood
    Russian River
    Fremont
    Alchemist
    Lawson's

4. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,771) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

You can take any beer from here except Mason Jar, and Old Meck, and like Honky New Glarus, I love their fruited beers. Or Heady. Or Lawson’s. Or HF. Lol, there’s so many.

5. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (2,103) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

I would also trade prairie, 3F, and evil twin for HF or the full anchorage line up and not just their shelfies. Gimme them ipas and wax toppppppps

6. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (2,394) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

We get both TG and Prairie, but not the six you'd lose. Seems you just need to move to Arkansas to get your ideal beer scene.

Huh. Who knew those words would ever be written...

7. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (4,546) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

Six Point, Lagunitas, and New Belgium for Bearded Iris.

MikeWard and ChicagoJ like this.
  8. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (3,110) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Society Trader

It certainly would here. Get rid of ABI, Miller, and Coors and there goes most of the crap in the beer cave and most of the seltzer. And while we're at it, adios to those hideous floor displays, too.

[​IMG]

nc41, lateralusbeer, Sheppard and 4 others like this.
  9. MikeWard

MikeWard Poo-Bah (3,243) Sep 14, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good one. I'd go for that in PA

ovaltine likes this.
  10. bubseymour

bubseymour Poo-Bah (3,561) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Society Trader

Alot of people are willing to toss away Sixpoint. They can make alot of various styles pretty darn well (including NEIPAs), I'm just a little frustrated they seemed to have abandoned brewing and distributing the variety of styles in stores lately and only be focusing on variety of new NEIPAs every few weeks. 1 NEIPA per season/3 months would be more than enough for stores from a wide distro brewer...just IMO.

11. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (5,820) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

A decision made by the new owner Artisanal Beverage Ventures (ABV)?

Have you noticed any changes in the availability of Victory and Southern Tier brands?

Cheers!

12. bubseymour

bubseymour Poo-Bah (3,561) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Society Trader

Yeah, Victory seems to be going crazy with their Golden Monkey and variants for some strange reason and haze. I still like Prima Pils and loved when they re-released Hop Wallop, tasted great. Otherwise, yeah overall they’ve abandoned style variety as well. I really haven’t paid attention to Southern Tier.

lateralusbeer and nc41 like this.
  13. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (5,820) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

Well, Golden Monkey is their top selling beer and perhaps by 'extension' the variants are popular as well? I think Golden Monkey is a well brewed Tripel and I would drink more of it except that is a high ABV beer. The Victory beer I have been drinking the most of lately is their new beer Classic Lager. It is a shame IMO that outside of PA there does not seem to a wide selection of Victory beer. I suppose this is a decision by the Marketing & Sales folks at ABV?

I am not a consumer of Southern Tier beers so I have no idea what is happening with the distribution of their brands. Maybe Southern Tier is more widely distributed in New York and western PA?

Cheers!

I too have not been tracking

TongoRad likes this.
  14. ovaltine

Society Trader

If Bearded Iris didn't work, I'd substitute Creature Comforts. Everything I've had from both breweries has been outstanding.

donspublic and MikeWard like this.
  15. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (3,001) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

That's exactly why I don't look their way anymore. According to what I see on the shelves they have decided to become just another dime a dozen haze factory. No wonder Shane decided to get out when he did.

16. Hoptometrist

Hoptometrist Meyvn (1,179) Mar 19, 2011 Ohio

Give up 21st Amendment, Flying Dog, and Troegs for Allagash.

ChicagoJ, mikeinportc and CB_Michigan like this.
  17. lackenhauser

lackenhauser Poo-Bah (2,635) Dec 10, 2002 Maryland
    Society Trader

WOW!!! Bell's over Founders?

18. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (2,225) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Yeah, Allagash used to be here, but pulled out right before I got into drinking good beer. I seriously only want them for the occasional big beer. My main reason for wanting them is the outstanding work they do on table beers. That is something that no brewery in Texas has been able to reproduce and distribute.

19. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Poo-Bah (1,993) Apr 21, 2014 Canada (ON)
    Society Trader

I was thinking how difficult it is to answer from our perspective. There are no national craft brands and very few that distribute to one or more province, let alone to the US.

I’d be fine never drinking Beau’s, Flying Monkeys or Collective Arts again. I believe all distribute outside Ontario.

Shelf Cantillon actually ending up on shelves here would be my requested return.

20. jockstrappy

jockstrappy Devotee (449) Feb 18, 2006 Pennsylvania

Victory, Flying Dog & Devils Backbone.

I’d like to see some Alesmith.

21. rjniles

rjniles Initiate (95) Aug 30, 2012 South Carolina

We need an unlike button.

22. surfcaster

surfcaster Zealot (526) Apr 20, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

They are unwavering in their commitment to traditional lager making. Right now their Vienna lager and Helles and Pilsner are on tap (Pils is year round) and I have taken tor granted getting super authentic German style beer without having to wade through old stacks of imports. Their Oktoberfest will be out right around Labor Day and is my personal favorite and enjoy it along the wave of imports that do come our way that time of year and are "fresher" than the others we get.

All bottles still. I honestly can't tell you how close to "the real thing" their spring bock is with an absence of a fair side by side comparator and their flagship alt is a Charlotte staple.

Let me know if you need a drop.

23. surfcaster

surfcaster Zealot (526) Apr 20, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

I remember all my love for Founders and Bell's when they were two of the more cutting edge places sending NC fresh product regularly 15 yrs ago but agree with this sentiment due to

1. Two hearted alone is enough
    2. Still enjoy a once a year drop of Hopslam
    3. Black Note
    4. Although not around any more, Smitten Rye was an elegant little beer
    5. Lager of the Lakes is one of my favorite Bohemian Pils in this country

The KBS and original CBS were legendary for Founders in their time and my personal favorite Red's Rye on draft was amazing but can't think of when I have wanted any Founders beer in a while other than a KBS in the winter.

24. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Poo-Bah (2,193) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Every single day of the year, leap years included.

@surfcaster pretty much covered it

I would miss my yearly 15 pack or two of mosaic promise. Founders makes good beer without a doubt but two hearted and fresh hopslam and porter and kzoo stout and expedition and black note and on and on. Bells would always be in my fridge, founders sometimes is

25. laketang

laketang Poo-Bah (1,567) Mar 22, 2015 Arizona
    Society

I'll give up half acre, pipeworks and revolution for la cumbre

26. deleted_user_1007501

deleted_user_1007501 Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2015

There is one! You just have to like the post first :wink:

27. ovaltine

Society Trader

Agreed, and I absolutely love Founders. But they have no answer for Hopslam, IMHO.

unlikelyspiderperson likes this.
  28. unlikelyspiderperson

Society Trader

I like the commitment to local. Are you from NM? la Cumbre is a great brewery, deserves more respect

29. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (2,103) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

We annexed them into Colorado.

30. laketang

laketang Poo-Bah (1,567) Mar 22, 2015 Arizona
    Society

I'm swapping out chicago for northern arizona very soon

31. mikeinportc

mikeinportc Poo-Bah (1,908) Nov 4, 2015 New York
    Society

Alpenflo, 3Beans, & The Crisp kept me from adding them to my list, but as I ~never see them not-old anymore, I could probably disappear Sixpoint, & not notice.:confused:
    Overpack'd are all decent beers, at a good price, as is 8 Days A Week, and IPA/2XIPA when fresh ,are a nice old-school-IPA break at times, so I haven't given up on ST, despite the occasional over-the-top gimmicky miss. :wink:

TongoRad and JackHorzempa like this.
  32. Providence

Providence Champion (828) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Trader

Man, that all sounds great. Good for them for still staying with it. I know nothing about OMB, but they sound a bit like jack’s abby, which is probably my favorite brewery. Would love to try their Oktoberfests side by side.

33. ChangSing

ChangSing Initiate (177) May 5, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

I would curb Founders, Great Lakes and Lagunitas...in exchange for Russian River.

34. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (12,572) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Looks like a fun thread. I'd lose DFH, Lazy Magnolia & Evil Twin ( put Sweetwater on that list too )

For: Central Waters or Revolution. I'd be happy with either

jvgoor3786 and SFACRKnight like this.
  35. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (12,572) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Rogue still in NWA, Arkansas is weird

SFACRKnight and jvgoor3786 like this.
  36. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,771) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

The Monkeys are the only Victory here, damn I’d love to bring some Prima and Hop Devil to the beach, both so long gone here. Hop Devil was the first ipa I really sunk my teeth into, one of my all time favorites. Hop Wallop was around a long time ago, but I haven’t seen it.

37. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (10,025) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

Allagash pulled western distro maybe 10ish years ago. I miss the White.

38. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (10,025) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

I'd be overjoyed to give up Founders, Lagunitas, and Evil Twin.

I'll take Brooklyn, since New Glarus is off the table.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  39. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (2,866) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

They're still in CA, I'll trade you for pFriem.

40. unlikelyspiderperson

Society Trader

Also, for everyone calling for Russian River, they only just became regularly available around CA. Give us a moment to enjoy regular access to Pliny and the big guys. They are not a regional brewery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.