1. gatornation

gatornation Poo-Bah (5,152) Apr 18, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

What are your thoughts on this bottle size . Ive bought Makers Mark Cask,Woodford Double Barrel , Clyde Mays , Elijah Craig, The price is higher of course ,i do like the variety of Whiskey in this size should more be available?. Your thoughts?

Bitterbill and Premo88 like this.
  2. Beerbadger55

Beerbadger55 Aspirant (261) Aug 29, 2017 Wisconsin
    Society

This size bottle is perfect for consumption in places that demand discretion like sporting events/tailgate parties and while ice fishing. Usually Jim Beam or Jack Daniels for me, I hadn’t considered the higher end stuff but I should!

Premo88 likes this.
  3. Premo88

Premo88 Poo-Bah (1,828) Jun 6, 2010 Texas
    Society Trader

I love it in theory, especially over the little 50 ml samplers. But in my goofy way of thinking, a bottle is a bottle regardless of size, and I prefer not to have 50 whiskys on hand at one single time. Part of me also wants the full 750 ml experience with a whisky, so by the time I've finished that bottle I feel like I truly know what it's all about.

With that said, I'll probably start looking for smaller bottles from time to time for whiskys that are more on the simple side. Like Jameson. I feel like I need to knock down a bottle of Jameson as a student of Irish whiskey, but do I really need 750 ml of Jameson to learn what it's about? Probably not.

Is 375 ml the size of the "hip flask" style bottles for sale? And has anybody noticed any 200 ml/20 cl bottles here in the U.S.?

4. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,307) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

This is my favorite bottle size for a whisky new to me or one with which I never built a familiarity. Volume enough for initial tasting, further tasting with others to get their opinion, then enough left over for final tasting a month or so after the whisky has had time to stabilize and oxidize a bit in the still half full bottle.

Premo88 and dcotom like this.
  5. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (2,273) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Society Trader

Big fan of the 200 and the 375. They allow me to keep a few top-shelf bottles on hand without having to spend a fortune. They also take up less space, which for me is a huge issue.

Squire and Premo88 like this.