Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

4 Aussie place getters at World Beer Cup

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ALEBOY, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

ALEBOY May 31, 2003 Australia

2. scmorgan

scmorgan Apr 5, 2005 Australia

Just got a text from Brad, reckon they will be celebrating for a few more days!
  3. spicelab

spicelab Nov 6, 2009 Australia
    Beer Trader

Particularly impressive effort from Burleigh given the 85-strong competition in the Hefe category.

Never tried it myself but will fix that pronto.
  4. dgilks

dgilks Jul 14, 2008 Australia

And Redoak won in a category that wasn't sour!!! I'm mostly kiddin but it's funny how well they do in competitions as opposed to the marketplace.
    Lukie likes this.
  5. heygeebee

heygeebee Aug 6, 2010 Australia

was very interested re Burleigh - reviews on this site are not that great. BUT nor are they they that up-to-date.

Endeavour imho are under-rated...
  6. Lukie

Lukie Jun 16, 2007 Australia

Beat me to the sour joke. Good times.
  7. barls

barls Nov 15, 2006 Australia

good to see we are doing better on the world stage as a country
  8. Lukie

Lukie Jun 16, 2007 Australia

Endeavour should break the American status quo by telling them all about their Pale Ale specifically designed to be aged.
  9. Darwin553

Darwin553 Jan 5, 2009 Australia

Well done to Stone and Wood. That is tremendous recognition for a high quality ale.

Also congratulations to Firestone Walker for receiving top honours for best mid-sized brewery.
  10. scmorgan

scmorgan Apr 5, 2005 Australia

Was at Firestone today, met the owners over lunch at the CBC. Their beer is incredible really, and then theres to oak barrel aging room. I can now die and go to heaven.
  11. bylerteck

bylerteck May 17, 2009 Ontario (Canada)
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Congrats to all the Canuck breweries that did well this year. Our friends to the South get so much cred, it's great to see us getting the recognition we deserve. Apparently somebody is doing gluten-free stuff spot on!

There are tons of Aussie breweries coming up and doing really well. Tons of small guys making a stamp on the market. Congrats to all the winners from Oz and Canadia!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!