Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

(512) Pecan Porter

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by daysinthewake, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daysinthewake

daysinthewake Nov 13, 2010 California

Hi friends,

I'm bored at work and I figured this was the right time to ask about this. I've always wanted to trade for a growler of the Pecan Porter and I have some questions. Is it usually available? What's the price? Why kind of growler do they use? Regular questions. I'll probably end up putting an ISP out there in a few months if possible. Also, if anyone has a BA versions and can get a growler of the regular let me know.

Cheers,

Josh

2. lokieman

lokieman Jan 20, 2011 Oklahoma

Pecan Porter is readily available around town and you can get a 32 or 64 oz growler fill. I'm pretty sure a 64 oz fill will cost around $15-$16 and $6-$8 for the glass. This year's BA version is due to come out anyday now so you might be able to find a willing trader. Cheers man....

3. daysinthewake

daysinthewake Nov 13, 2010 California

Very cool. Thanks!

4. champ103

champ103 Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

Ya, you should not have any problems finding this. All over Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and in a lot of places that do growlers. One of my favorites.

5. mhenson42

mhenson42 Nov 20, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Freetail in SA has the BA Double Pecan Porter on tap - I had some on Saturday. Not sure what a growler would cost.

ThirstyHerf likes this.
  6. jamescain

jamescain Jul 14, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

I doubt there is a place in SA that you can get a growler of it.

7. htomsirveaux

htomsirveaux Feb 8, 2002 Texas

I called Freetail last night, they said they aren't filling growlers of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe