What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2460

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by superspak, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superspak

superspak Grand High Pooh-Bah (10,336) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Have a nice Tuesday BA. More bad insomnia last night, but at least I got some stuff done. Packed up a 30 lb trade box, and cleaned up a good chunk of the site edit queue.

Excellent gose. Nice head retention and spotty lacing on the glass. Aromas and flavors of big tart/tangy cranberry, fruit skin, lemon, lime, citrus zest, pear, melon, green apple, white grape, sea salt, hay, straw, and grass; with some wheat, crackery malts; light notes of pepper, lacto funk, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate fruity/lactic tartness, fruit tang, and light yeast spiciness on the finish. Medium-high carbonation, light body, and moderately crisp/clean finishing. Balanced grainy malt, lactic acid, fruit tang, and light salinity in the mouthfeel. Moderate increasing acidic/tangy/carbonated dryness, no puckering. Super refreshing, not overly lactic, 5.9%. Perfectly balanced fruit and lacto complexity; solid pale/wheat malts against acidity, not overly salty. I have no complaints. Would buy again.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

2. superspak

superspak Grand High Pooh-Bah (10,336) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Outstanding stuff. Aromas and flavors of huge juicy, lightly tart/tangy pineapples, coconut, fruit skin, lemon, lime, orange, peach, pear, melon, apricot, red apple yeast; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, light honeyed malts; light clove, peppercorn, herbal, floral, grass, and yeast earthiness. Light herbal, floral, grassy bitterness; peppery yeast spiciness; and fruit tang/tartness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body, and fairly crisp/clean finishing. Very creamy/grainy wheat; some sticky hops, and fruit tang/acids in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing acidic/tangy dryness; no cloying/pucker. Super smooth/soft/refreshing, no warmth of 5.5%. Amazing balance of juicy/jammy fruit and American wheat yeast complexity; with a great balanced pale/wheat malt backbone. Mild earthy hops. Minimal residual sweetness from crisp acidic fruit dryness. Another perfect beer for summer. Amazing for the style. Will keep grabbing the singles.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

3. Dutchcraftbeergeek

Dutchcraftbeergeek Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2015 Netherlands

4. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Grand Pooh-Bah (5,825) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Good day BAs! Starting off foggy with the sun slooowly burning through. Hope to get back to Deutschland this fall for Bockbierzeit. Today's New Breakfast Beer:

From last year:

5. SawDog505

SawDog505 Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,666) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG] Sorry about the bubbly glass, hotel room.

RaulMondesi, MacMalt, Txex06 and 35 others like this.
  6. Shanex

Shanex Grand Pooh-Bah (4,466) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Regional Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hot Tuesday afternoon means cold Duvel in hands:

[​IMG]

7. eppCOS

eppCOS Grand Pooh-Bah (4,236) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

WW CFTS. With some crepes (yes, they are like really thin pancakes)
    [​IMG]

RaulMondesi, MacMalt, Txex06 and 34 others like this.
  8. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota

Insight Brewing Picnic by the Wicked Thicket

9. jkblr

jkblr Grand Pooh-Bah (4,968) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Good morning BA
    Just what the Dr. ordered after a 16 hour first night back to work...
    [​IMG]
    I thought of this song in this movie.

I went to work in a steel mill the same that movie came out. I've seldom seen spontaneous singing, and it's never Elton John, but it's always funny. I've been up too long...

Work tonight, then off for six days.Cheers all!

10. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Grand Pooh-Bah (5,891) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

100 degrees here yesterday, heading for the same today. Fortunately I have some margaritas to drink.
    [​IMG]

11. zid

zid Grand Pooh-Bah (3,058) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

[​IMG]

Hooray it's Harvest Day.

Drinking the 2014 and then I gotta mow the lawn before opening the 2012. Not exactly a textbook lawnmower beer, but so it goes. :slight_smile:

Coronaeus, MacMalt, Txex06 and 34 others like this.
  12. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,433) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Finishing off last night’s bottle as the fog lifts - Lagunitas’ “Imperial Stout”, a buy all day long at the grocery store for $4.99/bomber:

Our ‘fridge overnight only cooled to 50 degrees. Time for a service call :slight_frown:

13. cavedave

cavedave Grand Pooh-Bah (4,145) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Won't you join me in raising a glass to my nearest actual town? I gotta agree with the conclusion that New Paltz is one of the best small towns in the country. I have been through 44 states of this great nation, seen some wonderful small towns, and New Paltz is definitely in the top tier. This is even more true for lovers of fine beer, there's a lotta great beer in town and all around it.
    [​IMG]

14. tolar111

tolar111 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,060) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Drinking Two Roads Two Juicy

[​IMG]

15. BB1313

BB1313 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,278) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

DuClaw - The PastryArchy: Barrel Aged Vietnamese Coffee Stout (16oz can).. cheers!

16. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Pooh-Bah (2,711) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands
    Pooh-Bah Society

Having a sunny birra Peroni from Italy. The second most popular lager around there, after H**n*kk*n that is. No Mediterranean temperatures here NW Europe, but at least it's somewhat sunny at the end of the day.
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

17. Shanex

Shanex Grand Pooh-Bah (4,466) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Regional Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Heineken is censored on BA now, or you censored it yourself?

LarryV, SABERG, vabeerguy and 2 others like this.
  18. bobv

bobv Grand Pooh-Bah (5,295) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Pooh-Bah Society

Chores done, go in at 5, so...
    why not have something with lunch?
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

MacMalt, RaulMondesi, Txex06 and 29 others like this.
  19. SierraNevallagash

SierraNevallagash Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2018 Maine
    Trader

After seeing the movie, every time I heard this, I'd think of that scene. Then, after seeing this, every time I hear the song, all I can think of is Dave Grohl being a dork.

20. 77apm

77apm Pooh-Bah (1,710) Nov 10, 2013 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

[​IMG]
    About 2 weeks ago bought some 18 Watt and Softly Spoken Magic Spells when Singlecut arrived in the Chicago area. Just found this at a completely out of the way bottle shop far west of the city. Never saw a mention of a third beer hitting the area but I quite like this one more than the other 2!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.