750ml Growlers

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by dsal89, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsal89

dsal89 Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2008 Indiana

Looking for somewhere to buy them. Id love to pick up growlers of more stuff but i just dont drink enough in one night to need a 64oz growler and 750ml is a perfect size.

Any brewery sites sell them or just a website that sells different kinds of growlers.

Thanks!

Cheers

2. ithinkimasofa

ithinkimasofa Aspirant (259) Dec 24, 2006 Washington

Are you just looking for a single swingtop 750ml growler? No idea on where they can be bought online, but I'll gladly send you an empty Hill Farmstead 750ml swingtop growler if you send me a shipping label to send it with.

3. dsal89

^^What do i have to send to have it filled? lol

And yeah that was really all i was looking for. I just want to be able to use it for growler fills.

And alright im going to keep you in mind if i have no luck finding something on the web!

4. ithinkimasofa

ithinkimasofa Aspirant (259) Dec 24, 2006 Washington

I'd be a very happy man if I was able to get Hill Farmstead growler fills in Seattle. Unfortunately, it's just not meant to be.

On that note, I've actually never tried to get it filled here with anything as I prefer the 32oz growlers. However, a friend did try and get it filled someplace and they wouldn't do it. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a regular occurrance due to the small opening at the top, narrow width, and foaming issues.

All that said, I'm fully with ya on the 64oz being more than I need in many instances, but a 32oz bottle may be the better way to go? Either way, let me know if you can't find them online and want one of these HF 750ml bottles.

5. dsal89

^^Hmm thanks. Maybe a 32ouncer is a better idea.

May be an odd question but since most places charge for a 64ounce growler fill...would the 32 ounce be half of that? 6 dollar growler fills would make me a happy, happy person haha

And yeah, between work and the girlfriend having friends over to share some beer is a bit of a hassle. Couple that with school coming up. There will be no time! haha

Anywhere to get 32 ounces growlers? I like the idea of that

6. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,970) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

32 oz. or 1 liter growlers are pretty common in NJ at the liquor stores with growler stations. Here's the current taplist at two stores of a large discount chain - Joe Canal's Growlers - and you can see that the smaller fill is often charged a premium of 50¢-$1 more than half the ½ gallon/2 liter price (except for that obvious typo for the first listed- AV Winter Solstice). Making the generally growler bad deal per ounce even worse.

I'd imagine that some stores wouldn't want to "do the math" for a 750ml. OR would simply charge you their quart/liter price. And some might choose to not fill one at all.

Most of the bottle sellers, homebrew shops, etc., offer quart or 1 liter flip-tops (just Google "1 liter flip top bottles") and I've even seen some retailers sell empty Rogue-branded ones. The most economical way to get one is simply buy a beer packaged in that type bottle - that's how I got mine (from the long gone Blue Collar Brewing Co. and a bottle of Trubbel De Yards, I think it was).

brooklynbrews and dsal89 like this.
  7. WassailWilly

WassailWilly Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2007 New York

They are known as GRUMBLERS and places do fill em in Western NY

dsal89 likes this.
  8. dsal89

That is awesome....what i would give to have a growler filling station lol Indiana blows

Thanks!

9. funkyaudio

funkyaudio Devotee (420) Feb 14, 2009 Illinois

Cigar City does 32oz growlers because florida does not allow 64oz growlers they also do 128pz growler also.[​IMG]

10. dsal89

^^If that said apple brandy zhukov...i would offer a trade for any future kids that i may have

11. jmw

jmw Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2009 North Carolina

EZ Cap. Look it up.

12. dsal89

^^Been checking them. I only want to buy like 2 maybe 3...not a case of 12 lol

13. jmw

jmw Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2009 North Carolina

Know any homebrewers that would split a case with you? Some love the things. Check out clubs in your general area (http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/directories/find-a-club) and you may find someone who would do this or might even have a few you could barter for. For new bottles, do the same thing with homebrew shops (http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/directories/find-a-supply-shop)

14. dsal89

^^Thanks for the advice! Thanks!

15. ZombiesAteMyDog

ZombiesAteMyDog Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2008 Indiana

Fellow Hoosier, I believe Sun King sells them at their tasting room.

16. dsal89

^^If i can get to Sun King ill buy a growler of everything lol NWI is a bit far from there :slight_frown:

17. stupac2

stupac2 Zealot (539) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Trader

Just FYI, if you click the "Reply" button on the bottom-right corner of each post you can quote the person you're replying to, so it's clearer for others reading the thread.

Incidentally, I wish I lived in a state where my out-of-state breweries' growlers weren't useless. Hell, even most of my in-state ones are useless, unless I'm watering plants or filling them out of my kegerator.

dsal89 likes this.
  18. dsal89

I hope im even able to fill my growler at the place im talking about.

If not it is just a waste of about a half a growler if i bought 64 ounces

19. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Poo-Bah (2,553) Jun 18, 2002 Arizona
    Society

what about these?

[​IMG]

KingforaDay and potion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.