a bit of advice/help...in or around Marlboro, NJ

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by aekoops, Apr 7, 2013.

1. aekoops

aekoops Jan 20, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Hi Folks,

I'm in California and bet on the Michigan (my alma mater)/Syracuse (his alma mater) basketball game yesterday. The bet was for quality delicious beer, but my friend doesn't really know craft beer.

Can someone suggest a bottle shop ideally in Marlboro, or near by, where he can go pick up something tasty to send me?

Also, is Founders Breakfast Stout still on shelves? Is there any shot he lands a 4 pack of KBS? What would folks suggest I request if those two are not available?

Thanks and Cheers,

Adam

2. GoGators

GoGators Aug 5, 2010 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Wine Academy on Route 9 in Marlboro has a nice selection. I saw FBS on the shelves there last week too. He won't find KBS. If you wanna stay with stouts, try Weyerbacher Heresy which you probably can't get out west. IPA's I would go with Flower Power. And if you drive 10 minutes north on Route 18, you have Wine World and (Summerhill) Marketplace Wines & Spirits which also have a lot of great stuff.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe