A North Dakota brewery is featuring dogs up for adoption on their beer cans

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Shanex, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Shanex

Shanex Meyvn (1,390) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Some positivity is needed in the beer landscape these days...

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/adoption-dogs-on-beer-cans-fargo-trnd/index.html

2. officerbill

officerbill Disciple (378) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society

Seeing rescue dogs on beer cans is much better than seeing kids on milk cartons.

meefmoff, bubseymour, GOBLIN and 6 others like this.
  3. Sandis

Sandis Initiate (169) Jun 18, 2018 Minnesota
    Trader

I like this effort. Adoption is obviously much better than the alternative for dogs that are never adopted.

Now, we just need a brewery to partner with Tinder or other dating sites so single people can find potential partners on beer cans. Er, no.

officerbill and Shanex like this.
  4. Shanex

Shanex Meyvn (1,390) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

I'm far away from North Dakota but I can only support this brewery even if it means only sharing that story here...

And being perpetually ghosted on? Yeah no. Dogs are faithful more than humans ever will (I shoot myself in the foot there).

5. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Defender (645) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I am 100% in support of this. Dogs are awesome. Dogs are better than a goodly chunk of the people out there. I have three rescue dogs and would recommend that route to anyone considering a dog.

6. Angerhaus

Angerhaus Crusader (740) Oct 1, 2015 Rhode Island
    Trader

Anyone against this instantly goes onto my DO NOT TRADE list. Not for beer reasons, simply because of the asshole factor.

7. GOBLIN

GOBLIN Meyvn (1,147) Mar 3, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

Not to be uncouth but kids on a beer label would probably make me quit drinking.

8. bubseymour

bubseymour Poo-Bah (2,546) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Trader

So if it’s anything like Maryland, 9 out of every 10 dogs that need rescued will be at least part pit bull and a high risk candidate dog for adoption? It’s really sad to be honest. My daughter volunteers at animal shelters and that is pretty much what she says is the norm. For what’s Its worth, I like the idea on the beer cans though if it helps find good homes for non-damaged dogs.

Shanex likes this.
  9. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,420) Sep 24, 2007 Kyrgyzstan
    Trader

I wonder, taking time for label approval from the TTB into account, how many of the specific dogs are still available by the time the beer is on shelves? And, with the cost/minimum orders for cans, how many different dogs they highlight, how many cans of each dog, and those types of things. I get that the point is more to raise overall awareness of the program, but these are still things I wonder about.

Shanex likes this.