AB InBev Fined $225 Million for Thwarting Cheap Beer Imports

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Snowcrash000, May 14, 2019.

1. TimG_0913

TimG_0913 Aspirant (276) Oct 6, 2014 Delaware
    Trader

Yes I am

2. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Meyvn (1,349) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

I'm just trying to get you to engage friend. That's all. No ill will intended. :beers:

Lone_Freighter and HopsAreDaMan like this.
  3. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,603) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Trader

Considering, as you point out, the absolute lack of sacrifice involved in boycotting ABI, it amazes me that folks come on here all proud of the fact that they do it.

4. HopsAreDaMan

HopsAreDaMan Defender (667) Jul 28, 2015 Missouri
    Society

It's pretty clear to me that you are projecting your own judgements about yourself onto @SFACRKnight. I am reasonably confident of this because I do it as well: I project my own stuff onto others sometimes without being aware of it. It's natural, it's human. I spot it, I got it. I got it, I can easily spot it. Can you at least acknowledge that you are projecting in your responses here?

Cheers! I sincerely do appreciate you participation out here. :slight_smile:

Lone_Freighter likes this.
  5. MNAle

MNAle Poo-Bah (1,554) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

Pffft.

6. drtth

drtth Poo-Bah (4,004) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

Since you recognize that projection is one of your psychological defense mechanisms it is also clear you should recognize that you are projecting when you attribute or see the use of that defense mechanism in others. :sunglasses:

7. HopsAreDaMan

Society

Back at you. :sunglasses: You choose to respond; so, I am reasonably confident that you also use that psychological defense mechanism. Actually, we all use it (at least from time to time), although it may be difficult for us to admit it. To be clear, I admit that I project my shadow onto others.

Cheers!

8. drtth

drtth Poo-Bah (4,004) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

So you feel we all use projection?:sunglasses:

9. HopsAreDaMan

Society

It sounds to me like you have farted your assent. And I own that I also fart in agreement to something someone says. :stuck_out_tongue: It's quite fun, actually. :sunglasses:

thebeers and stevepat like this.
  10. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,456) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

Oh come now. Who doesn't enjoy feeling morally superior without making any sort of effort?

VoxRationis, stevepat, frozyn and 2 others like this.
  11. VoxRationis

VoxRationis Poo-Bah (1,804) Dec 11, 2016 New York
    Society Trader

Bureaucracies make regulations, regulators enforces them. Regulators are a part of any bureaucracy and experiences with bureaucracy can inform those who have never dealt with regulators directly what dealing with them are like. Sorry that wasn't clear.

HopsAreDaMan likes this.
  12. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Meyvn (1,349) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Democracies can make regulations too. I'm confused.

13. VoxRationis

VoxRationis Poo-Bah (1,804) Dec 11, 2016 New York
    Society Trader

Evidently true. Legislatures (in democracies) make laws, bureaucracies make regulations to carry out the laws reliably. It's been the standard in the West for about 150 years. Too bad civics isn't part of the curriculum any more.

HopsAreDaMan likes this.