Advice on Cascade and Hair of the Dog aging

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by Gotti311, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gotti311

Gotti311 Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2009 Wisconsin
    Trader

Just got back from the PacNW and picked up a bottle of Cascade Vlad the Imp and Hair of the Dog Adam and Fred. Wanted to see if anyone has any experience aging any of these beers or if you have tried them already and have any feedback.

2. pmoney

pmoney Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2011 Illinois

cfh64 likes this.
  3. pmoney

pmoney Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2011 Illinois

cfh64 likes this.
  4. DimensionX

DimensionX Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2010 Oregon

A year in the cellar does wonders for Adam.

5. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2012 Florida

You can flash age them by putting them in your oven and turning on the 'clean' mode.

RDMII and pmoney like this.
  6. allouez86

allouez86 Pundit (975) Jan 24, 2009 Wisconsin

I visited Portland from Wisconsin in January and Cascade and HotD were my two favorites of the trip. I had Adam both fresh and with 3 years on it and I would say I absolutely loved them both but if you can be patient then try and hold onto it for a few years. You won't be disappointed. Had a 2008 oude bruin from Cascade that was really nice but can't remember the name. Ended up buying a bottle of 2011 the vine from the pub. Plan on opening it this fall sometime.

7. SageO

SageO Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2010 California

HotD beers are generally designed to age, and so a few years on them works well.

Cascade beers are generally NOT designed to age (I've heard it from Preston himself several times), and in fact I've had various aged Cascade beers and have never liked them better than fresh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.