Against The Grain Brewery "Bo & Luke" Release Party Details

Discussion in 'South' started by Jason, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Jason

Jason Founder Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff Moderator Site Editor Fest Crew Subscriber

Louisville, KY (Aug 2013) - Against The Grain Brewery & Smokehouse (that's us), located in Louisville, KY at Slugger Field, will be doing a semi-annual release of one of our most sought after and revered brews! “Bo & Luke”, as we refer to it, is a collaboration beer first brewed in the summer of 2012 with the Dutch brewmaster of DeMolen, Menno Oliver. Menno has garnered a reputation for being one of the best brewers in the craft beer world. Couple his and our expertise for creating big, bold beers, as well as our gumption for creating beers that push the boundaries of flavor, and you've designed a beer that is worthy of the recognition that “it beats all you ever saw!” This barrel aged imperial stout boasts a recipe inspired by our most beloved spirit, Kentucky Bourbon. Bo & Luke employs the constituent ingredients in Bourbon, as well as being conditioned in freshly dumped Kentucky Bourbon barrels for up to 120 days. The resulting brew is a dark, smokey, and delicious imperial stout that has anyone who tries it reeling for more.

For more information:
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26850/85986
    http://www.atgbrewery.com/Menu/Beer/2/Dark/3/Bo-Luke/246

We will be releasing “Bo & Luke” to the public on September 14th at 5pm. To celebrate the release, we are holding our second annual Official Bo & Luke Release Party. The celebration will include a VERY LIMITED amount of Bo & Luke on draft, a limited number of 750mL bottles, and a special release of 4 packs that include 4 different incarnations of Bo & Luke. There will be a special appearance of The General Lee & Hazzard County Police Cruiser along with the foot stompin', rockabilly sounds of The Solid Rock It Boosters. A pre-sale of the 4 packs will begin on August 31st 5pm at Against The Grain. There will be no phone orders for the pre-sale, it is an 'in person' purchase only. The pre-sale price will be $69 +tax. Those getting a pre-sale 'stub' will get their 4 pack on September 14, by presenting the stub at the Bo & Luke Release Party. Any remaining 4 packs will be sold on September 14th after 5pm at a different rate and on a 'first come, first serve' basis. The release of Bo & Luke and festivities celebrating coincides with Louisville Craft Beer Week 2013. Against the Grain Brewery will be hosting a full slate of events for the beer nerd in you...get some!

###

visualmartyr and eyeenjoybeer like this.
  2. TheBeerAlmanac

TheBeerAlmanac Mar 3, 2011 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

I can't make it to Louisville on that date, stupid relative getting stupid married. Can anyone spare an extra? I'm in Lex so it won't be a problem getting to you.

3. bluedevil23

bluedevil23 Jan 24, 2012 Missouri
    Beer Trader

I'm also looking for an extra. I'll be in town for this and Zwanze day and will pay for the ticket plus offer up a bottle from my cellar for the trouble. BM me if interested.

4. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Feb 8, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

If any of you Louisvilllians can find a tag-along to get a ticket for the 'variety pack' I'll make it worth your while.

5. wsnich

wsnich Apr 26, 2010 Texas

Per Facebook: One stub per person.

6. CWBlues

CWBlues May 4, 2011 Indiana
    Beer Trader

*sigh* Also ISO a ticket. Leaving for Michigan on Saturday, so I'll be long gone when these go on sale. Willing to pay for the ticket + offer some beer just for being cool.

7. cfaulman

cfaulman May 1, 2013 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

that is sad because a week ago they said 2 tickets per person.. my thread got locked down, hopefully theres someone out there that can help me out. I can bring beer!

8. weeble8604

weeble8604 Jan 8, 2013 Kentucky

so no info on what the 4 variants are? ive heard one is peanut butter, one is habanero, but id like to know for sure before i spend the $70+ on a 4-pack.

9. johnking82

johnking82 Jan 30, 2010 Kentucky

The variants are as follows:
    Regular
    Habanero
    Poop
    Candy Corn

Jkoeneman, GregSVT, Photekut and 2 others like this.
  10. harperman69

harperman69 Feb 11, 2009 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

I thought Candy Corn and Poop was in the same blend.

11. TheBeerAlmanac

Beer Trader

It is, it's called Poop Corn.

12. bluedevil23

Beer Trader

I haven't seen anywhere on FB where ATG confirmed it's just one ticket per person. Lots of people are asking, but they haven't answered. I'm still looking to get one. How does a Perennial BA 17 for the time sound? I'll give that bottle and cash for the ticket to anyone who can get me one.

13. cysiam

cysiam Feb 21, 2005 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

14. cfaulman

cfaulman May 1, 2013 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

which question was answered "yep" though?

15. Luckytiki

Luckytiki Jul 15, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I called (novel idea right?)- ONE PER PERSON according to a manager at AtG

Edit: I guess this means I'm not going haha

16. fritts211

fritts211 Feb 19, 2011 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

Just heard the sound of trade dreams crashing. It sounded like angels cheering.

Cloaked_Phantom likes this.
  17. yeahnatenelson

Beer Trader

Where there's a will...

[​IMG]

18. fritts211

Beer Trader

If you can make it down on the 14th Nate, I'll have my arm cocked and ready for an epic high five.

19. yeahnatenelson

Beer Trader

As soon as I saw the update on BeerPulse I thought I'd make the trip, but my neighborhood bar is hosting Zwanze. Can't miss.

I'll let you know next time I make it out to Sergio's.

20. bluedevil23

Beer Trader

On my timeline their "Yep" post was right after the person who asked if you buy the tickets on the 31st and pick up the beer on the 14th, so I assumed that was what they were answering. My offer is still out there, but I guess I'll just hope they have some left and I get lucky. I'll be in town anyway so it should be a fun event.

21. johnking82

johnking82 Jan 30, 2010 Kentucky

I hear tell the pre-sale "stub" is actually a paper chode with a number on it.

22. fritts211

Beer Trader

WLV? That place was fun. Bit crowded, but the bottle share was crazy. Actually was my first one. Still remember that unmarked GI bottle the brewer came by with.

23. yeahnatenelson

Beer Trader

Oh yeah, the triple-bretted (?) bourbon Pere Jaques.

Gonzoillini and fritts211 like this.
  24. fritts211

Beer Trader

Thanks, I've been trying to remember what it was for months.

25. eyeenjoybeer

eyeenjoybeer Feb 18, 2011 Seychelles

Port barrel-aged Bo and Luke is supposedly one of the variants according to a person at the brewery.
    Disclaimer: You might also remember that a person (not the same as the one mentioning a port barrel treatment) at the brewery twice told me that there were 400 cases instead of 400 bottles of the last Bo and Luke release.

26. yeahnatenelson

Beer Trader

Probably Angel's Envy.

tronto and JimGlonke like this.
  27. CWBlues

CWBlues May 4, 2011 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Port Barrel Bo & Luke exists, at least. It was at the Indiana Brewers Fest. And it was awesome.

eyeenjoybeer likes this.
  28. TheBeerAlmanac

Beer Trader

Looks like I may be able to make it after all. Can anyone say if there's a line yet? I have no idea what kind of turn out there will be and I don't want to drive an hour from Lex if there's already 150 people waiting...

29. Kotie

Kotie Feb 15, 2012 Kentucky

No big line yet, 5-10 people waiting at the bar now.

30. fritts211

Beer Trader

Alleged Bo and Luke costs: $69 + tax.

Real cost: $69+tax, food cost, and unspecified "thank you for waiting 2 hours at the brewery with me honey, I love you" gift.

31. bluedevil23

Beer Trader

Still willing to give a BA 17 from Perennial if anyone has an extra ticket after today.

32. wsnich

wsnich Apr 26, 2010 Texas

Anyone know what the variants will be?

33. tronto

tronto Dec 22, 2010 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

I've heard so many different things I don't even want to speculate, but if anyone knows please chime in.

34. TheBeerAlmanac

Beer Trader

I'm in the same boat, I've heard all kinds of stuff. Amongst those are a Peanut Butter, a Chocolate, a Chili Pepper, a Pinot Barrel, a Chocolate Tea. In other words, I don't know.

35. Kotie

Kotie Feb 15, 2012 Kentucky

I was told the 4 pack would inculde a regular Bo and Luke, and 3 varients, chili pepper(I think he said Ghost and Serrano), peanut butter, and some sort of tea. Not sure how reliable it is, but that's what I'm expecting to pick up.

tronto likes this.
  36. yeahnatenelson

Beer Trader

Peanut Butter, chile, and tea. Sounds...hmmm.

37. tronto

tronto Dec 22, 2010 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

I heard that and pb, coffee, port barrel from the bartender....

MattCrowell likes this.
  38. fritts211

Beer Trader

Server that talked to the brewer told me port barrel was still aging, and might be around at the party, but not in bottles. I heard Serrano and habanero pepper, peanut butter, and Chinese tea (a smoked tea).

No matter what, I'm excited!

tronto likes this.
  39. MattCrowell

MattCrowell Sep 7, 2011 Tennessee

Bought my ticket yesterday and was also told that the variants are Regular (Pappy), Coffee, Port & Peanut Butter.

40. sefus12

sefus12 Sep 7, 2006 Kentucky

Got my ticket yesterday. Can't wait to try the variants (had the port barrel before and its fantastic). And with Louisville Craft Beer Week going on during the bottle release, it wouldn't surprise me if Citra Ass Down and 70K (which I think is even better than Bo & Luke) are on draft as well. Should be an excellent time at AtG.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe