Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Aged 75min

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by 3rdto1st, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Dec 1, 2011 California

2. RDMII

RDMII Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I aged my first bottle without ever having it fresh. At one year I tried it and did not like it, the maple was gone and though the hops faded, they faded into oxygen from what I tasted. My second bottle was a week old and I didn't like it either, very little maple, and the hops were too 'chalky' for me. I don't think it's a good beer at any age.

gzaIPArza, drgarage and cavedave like this.
  3. sherm1016

sherm1016 Aug 10, 2009 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I had a bottle fresh, and then another bottle a few months later. So old, but not aged, per se. I definitely preferred it fresh. Hops and maple had fallen off quite noticeably (although as noted above by RDMII, there isn't much maple even when fresh).

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

I tried it fresh and enjoyed it, but I am sitting on an original batch bottle, not sure when I am going to open it.

5. bramsdell

bramsdell May 27, 2011 North Carolina

I have had it out of the bottle fresh and very much enjoy it. I have had it on cask and enjoyed it even more.

There is a delicate hoppiness to it that I wouldn't really want to lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe