Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Airport experiences

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by lsummers, Dec 19, 2012.

1. EJLinneman

Beer Trader

I answered this on the first page of the thread. Haven't traveled through Philly in a while, so not sure what they've had on tap recently.. but it's pretty damn good considering it's an airport.

2. fujindemon74

You make them sound like the two busiest hubs in North America...oh wait, they are.

lurchingbeast likes this.
  3. fujindemon74

Sounds like a problem I'd like to have.

trevorjk likes this.
  4. trevorjk

Beer Trader

If only i was not late to the airport everytime and had to get rushed through customs. Beats sitting around in the airport though :)

5. DanK4

Heads up- the Online Cafe in concourse B (I believe) has Two Hearted. That made my week when I was flying back from LA to Maine with a layover both ways. Cleared them out as I headed back east too.

6. blkdth1313

any of the "jet rocks" or something like that in Philly have pretty massive tap lists. Used to be one near the F gates, but that entire terminal is under construction.

7. barleywinefiend

Singha. Bangkok.

8. Stinger80OH

Beer Trader

Cleveland Hopkins is a winner in my book: Great Lake Brewpub, Quaker Steak and Lube, Gordan Biersch, Panini's

9. kempshark

Yeah, I was there at the end of September. Was lucky enough to enjoy an awesome Pumpkin Stout that I was later told was only released at their airport site. Oh yeah, breakfast and beer.......the right way to start a Key West vacation!

10. jfh

jfh
    Beer Trader

just got back from NYC for NYE. flew through Ohare on the ay home and stopped by Terminal C and Goose Island. Mathilda on tap, plus Greenline Honker, and one other. For us, Mathilda all the way. Rare to see it in Davis on tap.

11. guajolote

Yes. At Laurelwood, growler fills (with the glass) are $15. Not sure of the prices at Rogue or Gustav's. I take a growler with me pretty much every time I leave PDX. It is awesome.

12. FosterJM

Beer Trader

Was pretty impressed with the ATL and Sweetwater. Got a bit tipsy on my flight home to LA a few months ago.

Cheers!

13. SunDevilBeer

Anchor Bar @ SFO never disappoints. A few Liberty Ales & Porters make the cross - country trip home manageable with a good buzz.

14. Biffster

I live in Detroit. I will never understand (but I wont complain either), but Detroit, (motto: "Paris of the Great Lakes") has what have to be the finest, most efficient two terminals I have ever flown through, during any of my travels on four continents. Macnamara and North are both truly state of the art terminals.

And, Short's is everywhere here in Michigan. I love it....

15. Biffster

Charlotte - Charlotte Brewing Co.
    SFO - Gordon Biersch
    OHare - Goose Island
    Munich - 7 am, and we were the only two getting coffee. Beer? Get in line... God Bless Bavaria.

"Airports...the last place in America where it's acceptable to drink, in the morning, alone, and in public."

spartanfan likes this.
  16. YogiBeer

I almost missed one because of the Boulder Brewing one. :)

17. GarthDanielson

Beer Trader

Ft Lauderdale was decent...even the bistro where we got breakfast on a morning flight had a cooler with bottle and can options from Cigar City, Bold City, and other FL craft breweries. That was a good brunch pre-flight!

18. SABERG

Subscriber

After a 22 hour odysee coutesy of several airlines. I landed in Salt Lake at 10 AM on a Sunday and found the Squatters pub. Needless to say the breath and quality of the offerings was indeed a treat.

Cheers

19. Bad_Trader

It's a breadth of fresh air to see more and more airlines with a wide selection.

RochesterAaron and YogiBeer like this.
  20. BrewUrbanist

Is there any decent beer to be found at the Miami airport? I've got a couple layovers coming up there next week.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe