Alesmith Order of the Anvil Club

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Foxyhops, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Foxyhops

Foxyhops Initiate (55) Sep 9, 2016 California
    Trader

Membership Includes:

• Ten (10) 750mL member-exclusive bottles for the year
      • Five (5) unique beer releases; Two (2) bottles of each release guaranteed; Options to purchase additional pending availability
        • Three (3) Barrel-Aged Speedway Stouts
        • One (1) Sour (AleSmith's very first release of this style!)
        • One (1) Special Release currently being worked on by Specialty Brewer, Collin Field
    • Priority access to public bottle sales (see full details in section below)
    • Choice of work shirt or zip-up hoodie, branded with club logo
    • Limited edition "Order of the Anvil" snifter glass
    • Limited edition club branded bottle opener
    • Limited edition embroidered club logo patch
    • Exclusive access to members-only events
    Super excited for the first release.

2. Mike_Amps

Mike_Amps Initiate (175) Jan 8, 2015 California
    Trader

First release is said to be a BBA JBM :open_mouth:, cant wait!

Raj and Foxyhops like this.
  3. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Devotee (422) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Premium Trader

Sure wish they offered shipping, hopefully that will be added in the future as they expand the membership. I can't complain though, thankfully Bruery and now Wild Barrel will ship their SoCal barrel aged delights to satisfy me for now.

4. CaptainPancakes

CaptainPancakes Aspirant (227) Oct 16, 2012 California
    Trader

Per their IG yesterday, they added shipping within CA.

spoonsock and Hoppedelic like this.
  5. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (211) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

I believe they changed it, b/c last night, I saw that they are offering shipping within CA

Hoppedelic likes this.
  6. Raj

Raj Aspirant (270) Jun 25, 2014 Washington
    Trader

For the folks who have already joined, has anyone been able to purchase the vintage bottles? The website says the bottles will be available to purchase “upon completing registration that day” but I can’t tell how to do this.

7. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (621) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

It was for IP purchase. "That day" referred to the first day of in person signups at the brewery.

You won't get a link, we pretty much destroyed the bottle list of what they were offering.

Hoppedelic likes this.
  8. Hoppedelic

Premium Trader

Haha nice. If I was there I would of shown up with a thousand bucks in my pocket. 400 for the sign up and 600 for that bottle list!

SDReaper likes this.
  9. SDReaper

Trader

Hehehe, there wasn't a limit really imposed, but none of us in line were buying more than a single bottle. So one of those social experiments.

10. Hoppedelic

Premium Trader

I wouldn't be able to pick only one off that list. I would want at least 12 of those haha.

SDReaper likes this.
  11. johnInLA

johnInLA Crusader (779) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Premium

Did Alesmith send out a welcome email for 2018 members yet?

Was hoping to see some details on how the shipping will work and when to expect the first round of releases.

warrendietrich2001 likes this.
  12. Foxyhops

Foxyhops Initiate (55) Sep 9, 2016 California
    Trader

Nothing so far... patiently waiting.

13. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (154) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Already a good start for you guys.

14. SDReaper

Trader

There is an unofficial FB group where we have the individual running the club in there answering questions. He is looking for a social media person to take over that part though...obviously a part time gig.

We should be receiving an email between now and monday with updates. Talking to Will Izor (the guy in charge of the club) yesterday at Alesmith he mentioned they are going through each sign up sheet and making sure all of the information is there for shirts/hoodies/etc...

We also convinced him to not have the welcome party on Jan 20th since it would conflict with the MT welcome party, and that there were a lot of similar ppl in both memberships.

Other things included in the email will be our early access to the upcoming releases of BASS and BA Quad bottles. Obviously not counting as any of the included bottles in our membership.

Phew, hope that is a good update. Maybe I should take on that parttime social media thing for some extra income. =P

Edit: Saying there is an unofficial FB group for it and not posting the link seems dumb...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/166333777301644/?ref=group_header

warrendietrich2001 and johnInLA like this.
  15. SDReaper

Trader

Anvil newsletter is out with information regarding the first member beer. Additional states that Alesmith can now legally ship to as well as the first 2 bottle releases of 2018.

Also that Order members will be getting first rights to buy the January bottles about a week early. And that an email will be going out to Order members soon(tm).

16. Xul

Xul Crusader (762) May 18, 2008 California

How are they legally shipping to other states when no other brewery seems to want to touch that?

lanedlr and warrendietrich2001 like this.
  17. warrendietrich2001

warrendietrich2001 Defender (602) Feb 13, 2013 Nevada
    Trader

I think it is GSO and whether they ship to the state or not as well is the particular state allows shipping. I live in Vegas and my parents will send me beer through a Napa shipping company that ships GSO. They know its beer and have no problem. Usually the beer gets here overnight or two days for about $22 for a 6 bottle shipper. My wife also is in 4 wine clubs and GSO is the shipping company for each one.

18. Xul

GSO policies are not the same as the law. I've heard many times over the years that breweries can ship in-state but crossing into other states would run afoul of the law. If something changed, I'd assume places like The Bruery would've jumped all over it since they already have logistics and personnel in place to handle shipping.

lanedlr and warrendietrich2001 like this.
  19. warrendietrich2001

Trader

I know nothing about the law but wonder what the difference is between a beer and a wine club. High end wineries would not be able to survive without being able to have wine clubs and ship out of state. But I agree with you if Alesmith can do it why is Modern Times or the Bruery not doing it as well. I can only imagine how much more I would spend on MT canned sales if I did not have to drive to San Diego to pick up.

20. Xul

There are a number of legal differences in how breweries and wineries are treated, generally to the benefit of wineries as far as flexibility in how they sell to end consumers. I'd love to see a lot of those legal gaps closed but it would require a concerted lobbying effort and wouldn't really be the best way for craft breweries to invest their resources.

21. IggyWH

IggyWH Initiate (140) Aug 19, 2014 California
    Trader

If you apply to the FB group, please answer the questions. I’m not accepting people who can’t even answer yes to “Are you a member?”

22. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Meyvn (1,203) Jul 27, 2013 California
    Premium Trader

I joined on the website, but haven’t seen the option to choose between hoodie/workshirt or select a size. Any details?

23. johnInLA

Premium

BA Speedway and BA Quad up today.

Ordering and shipping, very straight forward.

Off to a good start.

24. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Initiate (73) Mar 6, 2014 California
    Trader

This is a general release, was previously announced through other avenues & didn't require membership to purchase.

25. Xul

General release isn't for a week, OotA is getting a pre-sale on it.

SDReaper and johnInLA like this.
  26. Hoppedelic

Premium Trader

You couldn't pre order today or have the beer shipped if you aren't a member.

SDReaper and johnInLA like this.
  27. johnInLA

Premium

And as odd as this my sound to some, Advanced VIP access and in this case shipping, is more important to me then the exclusivity of the beer.

In other words, I care more about getting the beer I want to drink in a convenient way, then worrying about who else also has access to it.

I do get that for some people exclusivity is their primary motivation. Its just not mine.

I like great beer, but do not have time to stand in line for hours or drive hundreds of miles to pick up bottles and my patience tends to run out with 1 second web sales, and/or web site load failures that dump your cart.

So in my case, I'm quite pleased to be having BA Speedway and BA Quad shipped to my house.

Rick760Sd, cquiroga, pmarlowe and 9 others like this.
  28. SDReaper

Trader

Grabbed my BASS. Considered doing the wish, but I figure I will drink roughly 4 bottles of it onsite so I don't need more than the initial allotment of 4 anyways.

Rick760Sd and reefer_bob like this.
  29. wilymobastardo

wilymobastardo Disciple (343) Jan 12, 2015 California
    Premium Trader

BASS is still available on the public sale.

30. LA_Hue24

LA_Hue24 Devotee (402) Nov 20, 2013 California
    Premium Trader

Just checked Eventbrite as of right now you can still get 4 BASS and 2 BA Quad. And I was sweating buckets because I logged on at 11:01 what a dummy man things have changed lol. Now for the release today at Kings Brewing

31. johnInLA

Premium

I saw this posted elsewhere, so I know I am not the only one experiencing it.

My GSO shipment has a ship date on it of 1/25/18, with notes saying
    " SHIPMENT DATA RECEIVED - PENDING GSO RECEIPT SCAN "

And no movement since then.

Just wondering if anyone using the shipping option has received their package yet?
    OR if there are others here in the same holding pattern?

---------Quick Edit------------------------------------------------

For anyone in the same holding pattern:

I see a post elsewhere saying that the packages will be picked up on Friday.

warrendietrich2001 likes this.
  32. warrendietrich2001

Trader

I am also in the same holding pattern. My email I received said delivery expected 1/27. I was bummed as I am shipping to my office and went to work last Saturday thinking the delivery would come. I do get shipments of beer from my parents who ship GSO in Northern CA and I can tell you that even from Napa to Las Vegas it is next day delivery on the 3 times I have gotten packages. Just assuming labels were created but not yet picked up.

33. SDReaper

Trader

For those not in the FB group or don't use FB...it appears that the Welcome Party is going to take place on March 11th. Email to come with other details, but looks like we will get to pick up our swag on this day since either everyone finally responded so an order could be placed....or Will just said screw it and ordered it anyways.

34. SDReaper

Trader

Email out for Member Welcome Party...two dates to choose from, Mar 3rd, or the 11th.

35. elbrooksie

elbrooksie Aspirant (202) Jan 10, 2013 Texas
    Trader

It looks like you can still join, does anyone know if that is the case? Thanks!

36. SDReaper

Trader

Not a member-only release (although members can buy and pick up early), I also didn't want to start or bump the old releases thread. But...

https://jbmspeedway.eventbrite.com/

^One of my favorite coffee variants. Goes on sale next monday the 12th.

gregoryG and PBRandJ like this.
  37. johnInLA

Premium

Kind of quiet on the Anvil front for a while. Any news or rumors of upcoming releases?

38. sponger

sponger Initiate (180) Mar 30, 2011 California
    Trader

I dont know about the membership, but i just opened a bottle of double barrel and it was such a boring beer. Nothing was great about it. Really forgettable.

39. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (211) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Double barrel SS? Boring??

40. IggyWH

IggyWH Initiate (140) Aug 19, 2014 California
    Trader

Oh you didn’t know? If it doesn’t have at least 5 things added to it that you would find at a sundae bar and no longer taste like beer, it’s boring brah. Everyone knows that!