1. Join us for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest on Sat, Sept 17 in Portland, Maine. Limited tickets still available: beeradvocate.com/belgian
    Dismiss Notice

Allagash Balaton & Cerise

Discussion in 'New England' started by alampear, Mar 3, 2012.

1. alampear

alampear Nov 4, 2008 Illinois

Anyone know bottle counts, allotments, and bottle costs on these two?

2. mclaughlindw4

mclaughlindw4 Jul 2, 2009 Maine

I believe it was 250 of each? And it was 2/person and 15 each (plus tax).

3. rpstevens

rpstevens Dec 31, 2008 New Hampshire

If I am not mistaken, you could only buy two bottles per person when they were available. It wasn't two of each, you had to choose one of each, or two of a kind. I didn't get any, but I vaguely remember straffordmilitia telling me this when we drank the Balaton last week.

4. mkabull

mkabull Nov 2, 2007 Massachusetts
    Subscriber Beer Trader

It was a 1of each bottle limit. You may have been able to opt for 2 of one kind.

5. Chowdahead

Chowdahead Jan 26, 2008 Maine

I believe it was 250 Balaton and about 200 and change for Cerise since they sold a bottle of Cerise to the folks who showed up For Ghoulschip but had it sell out before their number was called so there was less Cerise. It was a one bottle per person limit for each or two of a kind as rpstevens said.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe