Release Allagash Merveilleux Barrel-Aged Ale

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by phooky, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millionsuns

millionsuns Aspirant (220) Dec 6, 2008 Maine
    Beer Trader

They're $15 apiece at the brewery so if you're paying less than that, good on ya.

2. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (1,228) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Figured.. Got my hopes up.. It was mega limited. Greens on Ponce got 12 bottles.

3. NickDrista

NickDrista Initiate (83) Mar 14, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Excellent beer

4. Peanut

Peanut Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2012 Georgia
    Beer Trader

I wonder if an FV13 and a Merveilleux pair could pull something fancy now or if I'd have to wait a bit?...

5. Getsirius

Getsirius Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2013 Georgia

Total Wine at Perimeter had some earlier today.

6. Peanut

Peanut Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2012 Georgia
    Beer Trader

THat I'm surprised. Total WIne doesn't get many limited releases, or am I not looking at them close enough?

7. core42

core42 Devotee (466) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Where in Charlotte do you get it?
    I'm in Charlotte for a couple more days & would love to grab one

8. jrbchef

jrbchef Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2011 Connecticut

The brewery was out when I was there a few weeks ago but, my local got one case, (6 bottles), and I got one for 12.99. Would love to have had more.

9. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (342) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I supposedly got the last one Saturday night, but a call to them Sunday yielded "four left". Not so sure I believe it but one will do me fine.

10. dwagner003

dwagner003 Poo-Bah (1,634) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I was lucky enough to find one of these that someone had tucked away behind some other random stuff.. Nice try!

11. DrewLikesBeer

DrewLikesBeer Disciple (328) Jul 16, 2013 Florida

Maybe I should check out the one in Alpharetta too...hrrmmm...it definitely did not stay long in the ATL, and I actually never saw FV-13 on shelves.

12. RDMII

I called them after Perimeter, they said they were out. It was behind the counter at the growler station, so maybe the sales clerk just looked on the shelf and didn't check with anyone else, and maybe there's a few still stashed. Doubt it seriously though, one of our regulars used to work at Total and he bragged at how all the employees scored stuff first, so few of it actually made it out for sale. Their four cases of Bell's 11 all went to employees save for a six pack.

FV13 didn't make it to shelves either, and I think there was even less of it.

13. DrewLikesBeer

Yeah, it's pretty brutal in the ATL for a lot of places just like that. If I happen to find any I'll post here...but like you said haven't gotten anywhere.

14. BeerRI

BeerRI Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2013 Rhode Island

This just showed up at the local spot in RI a week or two ago. $12.99.

15. FATC1TY

Subscriber Beer Trader

FV13 never did make it on the shelf. I had to ask for it to get me one.

The Bells 11 was all "rare and shit" early. Then I came back a couple weeks later and there was a shit ton on the shelves at greens as single ironically. Damn good beer though.

16. FATC1TY

Subscriber Beer Trader

Keep looking but I suspect it's gone. Greens on Ponce got 12 bottles. When a store like that, gets only that much.. it's rare.

17. Kreko7

Kreko7 Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2013 California

I thought this beer was excellent. Better than fv13

18. DrewLikesBeer

Here's hoping it shows up as often in the ATL on draft as FV-13 has!

Cubatobaco likes this.
  19. Rollzroyce21

Rollzroyce21 Meyvn (1,028) Oct 24, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

I didn't think so, but it's still a solid sour.

zencigar likes this.
  20. atlhilbo

atlhilbo Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2013 New York

I happened to be next to greens when they tweeted out they had some... got the Merveilleux and some Harvest Ale, it was a very nice visit to the beer store.

21. DrewLikesBeer

spoke to the allagash rep for the SE at the Fred (ATL) on Tuesday night....looks like the new coolships will be making it's way with more quantity to the SE in general, but especially here. He also said he thinks Merveilleux will be good anytime between now and a couple years. Not sure I can wait that long to drink the only one I could find...

22. FATC1TY

Subscriber Beer Trader

Yeah, I got 2 4 packs of the Harvest since I missed out on the Allagash. Good score, enjoy it!

Cubatobaco likes this.
  23. dianimal

dianimal Initiate (161) Apr 18, 2012 California

That's about how much I see ALL Allagash bottles for, and the reason I have never bought one! Bummed because many of them sound delicious!!

24. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Crusader (717) Jan 27, 2013 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Here's to hoping it shows up in VA...

25. Cubatobaco

Beer Trader

Apparently this showed up here last month...lol. Where was I? Oh well...

26. DrewLikesBeer

Also when I spoke to the rep he said that Allagash made this in MUCH smaller quantities than FV-13 as well. That might explain why it was so hard to get...I also believe this was not kegged either...so there goes my hope of Merveilleux on draft :grimacing:

27. Cubatobaco

Beer Trader

Bummer...:(

28. RDMII

That sucks man. We readily sell the majority of their 750s for $15.99, with maybe a few (Interlude, Victor, Victoria) breaking that mark. I know you don't want to pay it, but everything they do is pretty awesome. Save up a few bucks and get a Four sometime, you'll be glad you did.

dianimal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.