Alpine in FL

Discussion in 'US - South' started by BKnarr, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BKnarr

BKnarr Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

This is the first event I have seen. Honestly haven't seen much news on this at all since GF picked them up. Anybody have any other Alpine in Florida news? I've gotten quite a few of their beers in trades and always enjoyed them.

https://www.facebook.com/events/402572549867655/

HeartofMiami likes this.
  2. BKnarr

Deactivated

Apparently the link I posted isn't working? Tavern On Main in Sarasota is having an Alpine Night on July 10.

rightcoast7 likes this.
  3. odsbodkins

odsbodkins Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2010 Georgia

I guess they ramped up production pretty quick. Did green flash ever open that east coast brewery yet?

Cubatobaco likes this.
  4. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Crusader (771) Jan 27, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

Not yet. I'm privledged to be a brand ambassador for GF and got to spend some time with Mike Hinkley last weekend. GF brews a small amount of Alpine at their facility in SD and will brew it here in VA once they open in the first qtr of 2016. They are hopefully breaking ground within the next month.

After the brewery opens, they will look to build Cellar 3 and their sour building as well. Everything they are doing in CA, they will eventually do in VA Beach. After talking to Mr. Hinkley, he hinted that they would brew the "rarer" Alpine barrel-aged beers here as well. I can only cross my fingers for that.

5. Luiscarrizo

Luiscarrizo Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Florida

Alpine will be hitting Florida in July. Look out for events all over the state. One time release until we open the new brewery in VA Beach next year.

Cheers!
    Luis

gjoker321 likes this.
  6. wingnutter

wingnutter Initiate (0) May 18, 2005 Florida

Anything going to distro?

7. Luiscarrizo

In July Draft only. Check with your local growler store

wingnutter likes this.
  8. TonyLema1

TonyLema1 Poo-Bah (1,932) Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina
    Society

I hope once they open up in VA, we'll get some of their beers in SC

9. BKnarr

Deactivated

If BA would allow a meme post it would have that little boy celebrating saying "Doesn't matter. Got Alpine."

10. SlothB77

SlothB77 Devotee (484) Dec 28, 2012 Virginia

Alpine tested the northern virginia market with some draft beers earlier this year. I hear rumors they will have wider distro beginning in august. Is that true? Will there be bottles?

11. Luiscarrizo

We are testing several states this year. Wider distribution will come when the Va Beach brewery is built. Limited amount of bottles will come sometime this year, it is unknown when.

12. Macsimus

Macsimus Initiate (178) Feb 19, 2014 California
    Trader

Is NC a test state for this year?

13. SlothB77

SlothB77 Devotee (484) Dec 28, 2012 Virginia

I don't think Alpine did well in NoVA. I saw Duet on tap at a place by me and after two weeks it was still not kicked yet. Though, it wasn't publicized at all and nobody knew about it. I feel like all the attention is being paid to the flood of beers from Ballast Point and Deschutes, who, in the case of BP, have expanded distro remarkably around here or, in the case of Deschutes, entered this market recently.

14. Flash09

Flash09 Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2014 Florida

Alpine kegs have arrived in Florida. Kush in Miami is tapping Nelson, Hoppy Birthday and Duet tomorrow. Tavern on Main in Sarasota on Friday with other Alpine beers.

15. wingnutter

No Nelson in Sarasota yet from what ive heard...I was gonna make the drive but no Nelson, no deal. Lol

16. pmangold

pmangold Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2014 Florida

17. wingnutter

If anyone hears about Nelson being on tap anywhere in Central FL, let us know.

pmangold likes this.
  18. GootNoles

GootNoles Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2013 Georgia

Proof Brewing Co in Tallahassee had an Alpine night at their original location last week with Duet and Hoppy Birthday. My guess is it hasn't kicked but plan to investigate later this week!

19. eye

eye Initiate (82) Aug 29, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Kush in Miami is doing an alpine night tomorrow.

20. wingnutter

This is much closer than Sarasota...might have to check it out, even with no Nelson.

pmangold likes this.
  21. Nick_isthatstillcool

Nick_isthatstillcool Aspirant (294) Apr 28, 2014 Florida

22. TampaRainman

TampaRainman Devotee (432) Feb 17, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Any other Alpine sightings/tappings in Tampa?

23. jcb7472

jcb7472 Zealot (525) Jul 13, 2011 Florida

Craft Beer Cartel in Fort Lauderdale has Alpine Duet and Hoppy Birthday on growler: $12.99 for 32 oz and $25.98 for 64 oz

CBrodbeck and CaptainFleeker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.