Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Am I The Only Beer Geek That Saves Empty Bottles?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by Hamburgers, Jan 28, 2013.

1. JohnSnowNW

Beer Trader

Chuck them, or re-use them for homebrew. I need less bottles now that I keg, however.

I don't really keep things, in general, when they've outlived their usefulness.

2. end_27

Beer Trader

If they're painted on as I believe Rogue are like Stone...then my method won't work. You'd need to cut it and best thing is to make a glass out of it.

3. Quickicks

I let my friend who owns a bottle shop keep some of the more special ones. I recycle everything else. Sometimes I'll hold on to some for a bit to either take a picture or to remind myself to check it in or review it. Then they are recycled as well.

4. shawnp

Beer Trader

Let's see.......ummmmm, dumpster.

5. FinchSCF

Amen. Nothing like bringing a beer full circle homebrew style.

6. Hop-Droppen-Roll

Beer Trader

Just noticed this thread got moved to breweriana - there are probably other very similar posts and now I feel silly. I just had to google the word breweriana. Sorry bout that.

7. Dan3279

[​IMG]

These are two cabinets above the work bench in my garage. I only save 3 Floyd's bottles and I think I have ever release covered for the last two years except for the BA randoms and dark lord varients. I have five bottles in the cellar that will push some of these to the back.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe