Am I The Only Beer Geek That Saves Empty Bottles?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by Hamburgers, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Defender (609) Feb 6, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Chuck them, or re-use them for homebrew. I need less bottles now that I keg, however.

I don't really keep things, in general, when they've outlived their usefulness.

2. end_27

end_27 Disciple (334) Sep 23, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

If they're painted on as I believe Rogue are like Stone...then my method won't work. You'd need to cut it and best thing is to make a glass out of it.

3. Quickicks

Quickicks Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2013 North Carolina

I let my friend who owns a bottle shop keep some of the more special ones. I recycle everything else. Sometimes I'll hold on to some for a bit to either take a picture or to remind myself to check it in or review it. Then they are recycled as well.

4. shawnp

shawnp Aspirant (240) Jan 15, 2010 Minnesota
    ¬°Bad Trader! Beer Trader

Let's see.......ummmmm, dumpster.

5. FinchSCF

FinchSCF Aspirant (286) Aug 22, 2013 Michigan

Amen. Nothing like bringing a beer full circle homebrew style.

6. Hop-Droppen-Roll

Hop-Droppen-Roll Zealot (537) Nov 5, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Just noticed this thread got moved to breweriana - there are probably other very similar posts and now I feel silly. I just had to google the word breweriana. Sorry bout that.

7. Dan3279

Dan3279 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2010 Ohio

[​IMG]

These are two cabinets above the work bench in my garage. I only save 3 Floyd's bottles and I think I have ever release covered for the last two years except for the BA randoms and dark lord varients. I have five bottles in the cellar that will push some of these to the back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.