1. Introducing the Respect BeerĀ® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to add-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

American Solera (New Brewery From Chase Healey?)

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by ShepOK, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JReale

JReale Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2014 Texas

Which Facebook group? The American Solera group or is there a society group? Sorry, a little behind here..

2. jrodbeer

jrodbeer Initiate (60) May 26, 2015 Oklahoma

If those that haven't been added to the FB group (there is an actual ASS closed group with updates and whatnot), feel free to pm me your info and I'll try to get you added. It's only for members.

texascheesemonger likes this.
  3. Pldevo

Pldevo Initiate (47) Jul 25, 2015 Texas

I don't use FB, so I'm assuming all of the relevant info on this FB society group will make its way out into public domain like this thread.

4. Cowboys9

Cowboys9 Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2009 Texas

Chase has said he'll communicate important info via email to all ASS members.

5. BullDoza

BullDoza Initiate (187) Apr 12, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Anyone receive an email with the Society questionnaire yet?

6. Cowboys9

Cowboys9 Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2009 Texas

Not yet. Chase is probably busy celebrating the Oklahoma governor's signing alcohol reform legislation.

donspublic and BullDoza like this.
  7. jrodbeer

Got my email at 5pm

8. JReale

9. OUJayhawk1799

OUJayhawk1799 Devotee (472) Jan 25, 2013 Oklahoma

What does everyone think about the upcoming releases? I had the opportunity to try Foeder Gold and Cerise. Both were amazing and it looks like the others are going to be just as amazing.

10. lwhcchh

lwhcchh Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2010 Oklahoma

Bottled Raspbarrel last Wednesday...watch out! Can't wait to see what it will be like once it is carbed.

OUJayhawk1799 likes this.
  11. Beertracker

Beertracker Champion (831) Mar 3, 2004 Oklahoma
    Trader

I based my membership on the Foeder Gold alone! I've since had the Cerise & Western Culture and was blown away by the complexity of both of them. Great things to come from Chase & AS. Cheers! :slight_smile:

12. OUJayhawk1799

Looks like August is going to be an expensive month.

jrodbeer likes this.
  13. jrodbeer

Ain't that the truth.

14. TheCaptain99

TheCaptain99 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2010 North Carolina

We get 2 bottles of the 4 membership beers, with the option to buy additional beers up to the member limit? So we get 2 Raspbarrel with the option to buy 2 more?

15. jrodbeer

Raspbarrel has the option to buy 4 additional.

Western Culture 2 + 2 option
    Sherry WC 2 + 2 option
    Foedre Cherise 2 + 10 option (this beer is outstanding, only one of the membership beers I've had and I love it)
    Raspbarrel 2 + 4 option

No included bottles of Foedre Gold & Money Blend, but the option to buy a case (12) of each.

16. TheCaptain99

TheCaptain99 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2010 North Carolina

August is going to be expensive. Thanks

17. fl_beer_fan

fl_beer_fan Initiate (95) Jun 9, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Looks like ASS Yopeners are back in stock if anyone was looking to snag one. Just purchased one myself

18. OUJayhawk1799

Who all is attending the release party tomorrow?

19. JReale

I'll be there Saturday!

20. ATA1K

ATA1K Initiate (74) Feb 4, 2013 Texas

IIll be there for the event Saturday. Looking forward to trying everything on tap, and checking out Tulsa. Not looking forward to the 6 hour drive though (East Texas).

21. jrodbeer

I'll be there Friday and Saturday night! The time has finally come!

22. BullDoza

BullDoza Initiate (187) Apr 12, 2014 Texas
    Trader

I'll be there Saturday for the event.

That Terpy Citra is a nice bonus surprise.

23. elbrooksie

elbrooksie Aspirant (212) Jan 10, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Really looking forward to trying the IPA, was not expecting that, and in 16-ounce cans to boot!

24. OUJayhawk1799

Next question - What does everyone think of the AS beers?

#104 OUJayhawk1799, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    JReale likes this.
  25. JReale

I really enjoyed Foeder Gold and Cerise. Raspbarrel and Cranbarrel are simply incredible. As they warmed up they were both amazing. Perfect amount of pucker with perfect amount of the respective fruit lacing. Can't wait to open one of my bluebarrels. Same with the western cultures (including sherry barre).

ATA1K, Beertracker and OUJayhawk1799 like this.
  26. elbrooksie

elbrooksie Aspirant (212) Jan 10, 2013 Texas
    Trader

I get my 30-someodd bottles this week, so will let you know :slight_smile:

27. OUJayhawk1799

Yeah, I thought they were all amazing as well.

28. Beertracker

Beertracker Champion (831) Mar 3, 2004 Oklahoma
    Trader

I got to sample most of them at the society party last night & nearly all of them exceeded my expectations. I couldn't stop drinking the Foeder Gold or the Cerise. The other fruit beers just need a little bottle conditioning time. Just my 2-cents. Cheers! :slight_smile:

29. Trelvis

Trelvis Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2015 Texas

Raspbarrel and Cranbarrel were great. Cranbarrel taste like Oceanspray Cranberry juice.

Party was nice but only having one line for pours was a little frustrating. Everything else was great though. Really liked the IPA.

30. OUJayhawk1799

Yeah, it's great that Oklahoma can finally have these type of events, but obviously the breweries aren't set up for these things just yet. I know Chase is looking at options for a new place though.

31. CheChe

CheChe Initiate (195) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Had the Foeder Gold and Cerise from bottles and have to say the Cerise was great. Terpy Citra also good

32. mattisloco

mattisloco Disciple (314) Feb 13, 2007 Texas

I thought the line moved really well, considering there was only one. Having Chase just hand out a free Terpy to those waiting in line, didn't suck either.

OUJayhawk1799 and metallikat87 like this.
  33. ATA1K

Made two trips out on Saturday. Great beer, and great time. The Uber drivers dropping me off, and picking me up were all confused. It was their first time they had been out there. One guy told me he was sure to have his gun with him heh. I wish I had picked up more Cerise and Terpy.

Tulsa was really cool. Nicer and bigger than I thought it would be. It was strange/funny that the 'high point' beers were only sold in liquor stores. I was hoping pick some stuff up on my way out on Sunday. But overall, seem like a city on the way up. Beautiful land and hills out there as well. Not sure how tech jobs are out there, but it could be a place Id be interested in moving to if the job market was good.

(I was in a blue Tired Hands shirt)

OUJayhawk1799 and Beertracker like this.
  34. GreatStoutman

GreatStoutman Defender (695) Jan 5, 2016 Texas
    Trader

You still drinking? :grinning:

35. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (365) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Just drank a bottle of Foeder Gold and was very impressed. Looking forward to trying the other bottles from last weekend's release.

36. taplebr

taplebr Aspirant (244) Apr 7, 2015 Arkansas
    Trader

How available are the beers at the brewery? Is this like Side Project yet (get it on the release date or don't get it at all)? I'm in Arkansas and will be in Tulsa in a few weeks. Thanks!

37. ATA1K

It seems so far they are posting bottles on the blog, and maybe facebook
    https://americansolera.com/blogs/news

It seems - smaller batches seem to be member only, and a portion of the larger batches are held back for the public.

For example, this past weekend - Foeder Gold, Foeder Cerise, and Money Blend were for sale along with 4-packs of Terpy Citra.

I personally really enjoyed the Cerise on tap. Wish I had maxed my allotment. And if Lone Wolf food truck is there, its fantastic.

38. taplebr

taplebr Aspirant (244) Apr 7, 2015 Arkansas
    Trader

ATA1K - thx for that info. I'm definitely going to check this place out when in Tulsa.

39. OUJayhawk1799

Gold, Cerise, Money Blend and potentially Raspbarrel will be available to be taken home. All (besides Money Blend) are on draft as well. The rest of the bottles are society only.

Keep in mind the place is very small. Oklahoma laws have only allowed breweries to do this for 3 weeks now so none of the breweries were set up for large crowds. You also need to check the hours because the week day hours don't start until 5:00.

Be sure o check out the Prairie Brewpub and Roosevelts as well while you're here.

40. mattisloco

mattisloco Disciple (314) Feb 13, 2007 Texas

Incredible list of beer, incredibly slow service. If Roosevelts is busy, I highly recommend skipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.