Angry Chair releases GCCS in bottles

Discussion in 'US - South' started by floridadrift, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raczkowski

raczkowski Aspirant (273) May 16, 2011 Florida
    Trader

def not claiming to be the guy with inside info...a friend grabbed some and that is what the bartender said. if the owner said they only sold 1100, then i am sure there is more than the amount just in the cooler. i know many have probably wanted updates that are coming into town later in the week, etc. so i just wanted to state some info i knew :slight_smile:.

havron likes this.
  2. Beerisheaven

Beerisheaven Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2007 Pennsylvania

Anyone want to throw me a lifeline, I mean bottle? Hit me up.

3. Lare453

Lare453 Meyvn (1,431) Feb 1, 2012 Florida
    Trader

You're info is much more recent than mine. I was there on Friday, a lot could change over a holiday weekend.

4. Beer4B

Beer4B Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2014 Florida

True, but I would assume you are closer to correct meaning there is still a good bit left.
    I can't imagine they sold as many bottles on Saturday to (presumably) "out of towners" coming in then they did Tues-Friday to their local supporters. Possibly, but would be crazy. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

5. smartassboiler

smartassboiler Poo-Bah (1,849) Apr 9, 2012 Illinois
    Society Trader

So, I'm visiting family just outside Orlando, and I was debating driving out to visit Angry Chair for the first time. I'm going to visit regardless, but was anyone there on Sunday when it was last open tell me if there might be bottles left? It seems so based on the numbers thrown around in this thread's later posts, but I figured I'd ask if someone was actually there. :slight_smile:

6. SFC21

SFC21 Crusader (780) Jan 31, 2010 Florida

I was there around 5pm on Sunday and the cooler was still half full. I didn't inquire as to whether that was all that was left, though.

7. YonelleBarksdale

YonelleBarksdale Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2012 South Carolina

Any bottles left?

8. colt3ninja

colt3ninja Initiate (139) Sep 27, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Just left. Yes, still bottles.

YonelleBarksdale likes this.
  9. Superflyjsc

Superflyjsc Initiate (156) Dec 6, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

If anyone is able to grab few bottles (3-4)for a trade I'd be happy to pm ya what I may have to offer. Cheers

10. MacSon1982

MacSon1982 Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2015 Florida

Does anyone know what their GCCS brewing/bottling schedule will be like this year? I was thinking about making the trek, but won't be back into heavy trading until April. If they're going to make another batch and bottle it around then, I'd rather get it a bit fresher. If not, I'll trek out tomorrow.

11. floridadrift

floridadrift Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Florida

Hey cutie, Ill be there on Thursday. If there's any left, maybe I can redeem myself in our group and get you some!

12. floridadrift

floridadrift Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Florida

Got you hooked from the growler!

13. gjoker321

gjoker321 Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2007 Florida

Discussed with Ryan the other day that Bannas Foster will be making an appearance in bottles in the next calendar year. They just have to hand flambé 600 pounds of sugar bananas first.

14. LADEDA

LADEDA Disciple (352) Jul 29, 2014 Florida

It's a good morning to flambe'. Is this a stout/porter/other? Gotta say the German Cupcake was well worth the I-4 traffic hassle. Thought on the second bottle that it was better right out of the fridge instead of warming a bit. I got to get a helo for getting to them, CCB, etc. Maybe a drone that can handle my duff.

gjoker321 and Jroden5446 like this.
  15. smartassboiler

Society Trader

Thanks. Great place to visit, and I took a couple bottles to go.

Jroden5446 likes this.
  16. Jroden5446

Jroden5446 Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2015 Florida

Yeah, was there last night, love the 5oz pours, lets you sample so many beers without getting to sideways. The cooler was looking thin, but when I asked for a case, the bartender grabbed one out of the back for me.

17. smartassboiler

Society Trader

Loved the Gose and Blueberry Berliner, too.

Jroden5446 likes this.
  18. havron

havron Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2015 Florida

Funny. When I was there Sunday the bartender said they were out of cases in the back. I guess either he was trying to build a sense of artificial scarcity or they just hadn't put them all in boxes yet (but where else would they keep them?).

Either way, it sounds like they've sold much of the stock so far. Probably won't last too much longer. Stuff is popular, and for good reason! Effing delicious, and I don't think I've ever smelled a better aroma off a beer. Absolutely perfect spot on German chocolate cake!

19. EABbGD

EABbGD Initiate (130) Aug 8, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Cooler is full. Just grabbed 6.

wingnutter likes this.
  20. ukwildcat1995

ukwildcat1995 Initiate (0) May 24, 2015 Florida

Was at Angry Chair today at 3:00 pm. The cooler was still full and I was told they had more in the back.

On another note, they were bottling their Raspberry Berliner today or tomorrow and expected to start selling bottles of that this weekend.

havron, Lare453 and Beer4B like this.
  21. Droppinloaves

Droppinloaves Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2014 Florida

Looks like they're selling those today. $10 per

havron likes this.
  22. havron

Sweet!! What size format?

23. Droppinloaves

Droppinloaves Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2014 Florida

24. havron

Damn, not a bad price. Lower ABV, though, makes sense.

Thanks for the info!

25. colt3ninja

Trader

Minor complaint, but some of those fills in the bottles seem rather low. Very inconsistent with that.

26. havron

Hey, we had to find *something* to complain about, right? "Overly sweet" was just a lie we were telling ourselves to keep these decadent brews from rating perfect.

Thanks for the heads up, Daniel Jackson. Will be sure to snag the fuller bottles when I swing by tonight.

27. colt3ninja

Trader

No problem. Again, very minor complaint. I'm super excited for Angry Chair and have loved what they have bottled so far.

28. havron

Dude, I am drowning in a sea of drool over here in anticipation of Bananas Foster...

Is it next year yet??

29. wingnutter

wingnutter Initiate (0) May 18, 2005 Florida

Any reports on GCCS bottles in the cooler? Gonna swing by tonight, but not till after 11pm...hoping to snag another couple of bottles as well as some Berliner.

30. thirdeye

thirdeye Initiate (0) May 31, 2013 Florida

popped in around 2pm and they still had GCCS bottles.

31. havron

[​IMG]

Still bottles left, guys! Grab em while they're hot!

Inside scoop is there are only 9 cases of Cupcakes left in the back. They expect them to be gone tonight. Should be plenty of Vassago (the raspberry berliner weisse) for a while since it was only just released today.

#71 havron, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  32. Tim3167

Tim3167 Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2014 Florida

Well can't get there tonite so will be taking my chances and be there when they open tomorrow. Would love a heads up on this thread though should the GCCS be gone and could save me a trip.

33. havron

Yeah man, I'll most likely swing by on the way out late tomorrow afternoon and see if there are any stragglers left. I'll post.

For what it's worth, a few minutes after I was told they had only 9 cases left, the guy strolls out with a cart containing clearly more than that to refill the cooler, which over the course of the hour I was there emptied quite quickly. Some may have been Vassagos, though. Anyway I called him out on his shenanigans and he winked, but did assure me that they expect to be out by close tonight.

We shall see...

34. Atlbrvefn

Atlbrvefn Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2014 Florida

I was there earlier to stock up on both. Vassago is pretty damn awesome! And apparently the next bottle in a couple weeks is gonna be worth paying attention to....

#74 Atlbrvefn, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    havron and floridadrift like this.
  35. havron

Autocorrect strikes again!

36. Atlbrvefn

Atlbrvefn Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2014 Florida

Dammit.

havron likes this.
  37. Tim3167

Tim3167 Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2014 Florida

Still some in cooler as of 1pm on sat

floridadrift likes this.
  38. havron

Still bottles of Cupcake in the cooler as of 5:30 pm, and apparently still more in the back. Was told they expect to sell out of Cupcakes by Tuesday and that their Vassago is all but gone (???), but at this point I no longer believe a word that man says...

Still, I wouldn't take any chances if you haven't gotten yours yet.

39. badboy7113

badboy7113 Devotee (421) Jan 19, 2011 Florida
    Trader

Damn, was just gonna head up for them but I guess not

40. havron

Hey, go for it! Still plenty of Cupcakes from what I've heard. Can't promise anything, of course, but I'm pretty sure they're set through tonight at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.