Anheuser-Busch gets $150,000 fine for liquor law violations in Seattle

Discussion in 'US - West' started by BuckeyeOne, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Mar 9, 2008 Washington

2. distantmantra

distantmantra May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

Huh. I always wondered why the Showbox's sole craft offering was Northwest Brewing Company.

3. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

A friend of mine, who is a rep for a large craft brewery, posted this on FB a couple days ago, and I have been waiting for it to hit the wider media. Since the Showbox venues are operated (owned?) by a large company (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anschutz_Entertainment_Group), I suspect that this come down from a corporate mandate. sadly, this is only a slap on the wrist for them, but at least it's something.

sharpski likes this.
  4. mwa423

mwa423 Nov 7, 2007 Ohio

I read the entire filing from the state and find myself skeptical. So the venue had invoices and delivery papers for other (non-AB) kegs in the past, but the liquor control people didn't see them there. The liquor and cannabis board is aware that alcohol is a consumable product that usually isn't held in inventory that long...right?

5. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Mar 9, 2008 Washington

You know what gets my jimmies rustled? Not being able to fill a growler without the correct brewery label. Mind you, it's never happened to me but just thinking about it puts me in a rage. :angry:

6. ballardbeer

ballardbeer Nov 10, 2013 Washington

i'd like to complain about the Showbox's lack of diverse beer offerings. i've seen 6 shows at both the Market and SoDo locations in the past year, and you're definitely subjected to ABI products if you want to indulge. there are some nice elysian offerings (no arguing that loser and immortal are both fine beers, and the price is even reasonable at $6 for a 12oz pour). but that's where the quality ends. use to be able to get Manny's there, at least.

last time at the Market, we drank plenty of Top Cutter at the Alibi Room beforehand and showed up late. last time at SoDo, we ran across the street between sets and had plenty of excellent options at Hoovers (not to mention, the venue bars are terribly inconvenient). i'm not going to bitch if a person/bar/venue chooses an exclusive deal or some shady agreement, that's their prerogative and i'm not going to tell someone how to run a business. but, i'm not going to drink their shitty beer in any sort of appreciable quantity, if at all.

neenerzig and sharpski like this.
  7. sharpski

sharpski Oct 11, 2010 Oregon
    Society Trader

I remember when the Showbox used to have a decent selection: Maritime Pacific, Anchor, Redhook. Then again, I also remember when the stage was in a different room than the main bar.

BBThunderbolt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.