Anheuser-Busch Releases Budweiser Harvest Reserve Deep Golden Lager

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by dcotom, Jul 13, 2019.

1. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (2,159) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Society Trader

NEW YORK — Today, Budweiser unveiled Harvest Reserve Deep Golden Lager, a limited-edition beer created in collaboration with the farmers who have grown the barley used to brew Budweiser for generations.

“At Budweiser, our farmers are family. While our relationship with many of these farmers goes back generations, Budweiser Harvest Reserve is the first time we’ve collaborated on a recipe together,” said Ricardo Marques, VP of Marketing Core & Value Brands at Anheuser-Busch. “Releasing this beer for the harvest season is Budweiser’s way of celebrating farmers after a year spent preparing for these precious few months.”

https://www.brewbound.com/news/anheuser-busch-releases-budweiser-harvest-reserve-deep-golden-lager

Roguer and troobie like this.
  2. MNAle

MNAle Meyvn (1,475) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

I would definitely give this a try, but...

I ain't drivin' ~500+ miles round trip for it!

AB does a limited release? Is that a first?

Roguer likes this.
  3. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,229) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

I suppose I could set up a trade.

Roguer and Scrapss like this.
  4. Scrapss

Scrapss Champion (847) Nov 15, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

If I see it I'd try it. Sounds like a nice beer.

5. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,785) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society

The TTB COLA for the label lists all the AB breweries - but that might just the SOP for the company, "just in case"...

The webpage for the beer doesn't mention a limited distribution area, either.
    https://www.budweiser.com/en/harvest-reserve.html
    Maybe "Budweiser Harvest Reserve will be available this month in Des Moines, Iowa and Omaha, Nebraska" means those are just the first markets to get the beer? After all, the barley farmer they "collarborated" with is in Idaho.

Depends on how one defines "limited" I guess. They've done seasonal releases like the two versions (recipe change) of the "Brew Masters Private Reserve" Christmas beer. And they do have beers that are only sold in one or a few states (Zeigenbock, that Michelob Golden Draft you guys get...) but limited in production and distribution? That would be kinda unusual, if not a "first".

Looks like there's also another Jim Beam/Budweiser coming, Black Lager.
    [​IMG]

#5 jesskidden, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Ranbot, DonicBoom and Roguer like this.
  6. muck1979

muck1979 Initiate (64) Jul 3, 2005 Minnesota

So it won't be released in states that actually grow barley? Interesting. Unless there's corn in this beer.

7. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,785) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society

Official AB Press Release:

steveh and drtth like this.
  8. billandsuz

billandsuz Disciple (394) Sep 1, 2004 New York

Is this guy also responsible for the name?
    "Harvest Reserve Deep Golden Lager".

What is so reserved about it? Only a 100,000 bbl production? I'm telling you, these corporate shirts in marketing get it everytime. "Deep Golden Lager". And they get paid a lot of money for that shite.

Cheers.

dcotom and Squire like this.
  9. MNAle

MNAle Meyvn (1,475) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

Iowa... Idaho... I can see why they'd get confused! :grin:

I can recall once seeing a sweatshirt (being sold to University of Iowa students, I suppose...) that said on it:

University of Iowa
    Ohio City
    Idaho

(For those that don't know, the University of Iowa is located in Iowa City).

ToddSoonerFan and dcotom like this.
  10. cjgiant

cjgiant Poo-Bah (4,667) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Society

Damn! I was just in Omaha, and apparently will miss/missed it.

Still curious about these "alternative" Budweiser beers (for lack of a better term), but never enough to buy a six pack knowing the GF will not help at all with any of them.

dcotom likes this.
  11. Raime

Raime Meyvn (1,294) Jun 4, 2012 Korea (North)

Hmmm. Guess I'll grab one when it's in the Kroger mix a six selection and 8 months out of date.

dcotom likes this.
  12. rtrasr

rtrasr Disciple (308) Feb 16, 2009 Arkansas

InBevAB or is it ABInBev, I don't like what they are doing to Budweiser. How about producing the cleanest true to form original Budweiser that they can? I'm very naive.