Annual 4 Elf Party - 2015 Details

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by WillHuberm, Oct 1, 2015.

?

What time are you getting in line?

1. When doors open. I'm not waiting in the fucking cold overnight for a glorified stout.

62 vote(s)
    53.0%
  2. 3:00am

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. 5:00am

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. As early as fucking possible. I need trade bait you idiot.

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Early enough to the point that I desert and alienate my wife and kids on a weekend before Christmas.

13 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Let me get back to you after I ask what time everyone else is getting there in this thread.

27 vote(s)
    23.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hezy

Hezy Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2014 Michigan

My bro in law got in line @ 7:30 pm
    And got form 608

szmnnl99 likes this.
  2. Jmorey

Jmorey Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Michigan

Sitting here at home drinking my one and only bottle of '14. Damn it's good. A bit sad I won't be able to get some tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great time tomorrow.

red94tt and szmnnl99 like this.
  3. Scalawags

Scalawags Initiate (195) Jun 18, 2013 Michigan

They are 651

4. Gunson

Gunson Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2013 Michigan

I have been to this event for several years now, and this was by far the best time so far. The weather was great, got in line at 11am. I ran a rough count and figured I was about #125 in line, shared a bunch of great beers as usual. Was able to go inside DH and get some good food, and got out of there around 6:30 with wristband #129. Great share, great day. Hopefully tomorrow goes just as smooth.

5. core42

core42 Zealot (556) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

I wondered what that crash was.

I got there ~4:30 & got 438

Bung and NJB145 like this.
  6. TonyLuvsBeer

TonyLuvsBeer Aspirant (232) Mar 28, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Got there about 2:50 and was #300. Great bottle share - great crowd. Look forward to the party tomorrow.

7. bassfishingguy

bassfishingguy Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2014 Michigan

I must have been in line right next to you @TonyLuvsBeer as I was #297. I showed up probably 5-10 minutes earlier than you. Met a few strangers (wearing some Wayne State apparel, and a fellow Spartan who currently lives in Wisconsin). While I know Dark Horse was trying to avoid this exact shit show, they also planned accordingly for it. I was kind of surprised that there were so many people in line when I showed up; that's craft beer in 2015 (see: exponential growth).

Some of my personal highlights while in line were:
    1) meeting some damn good people, and having them share some damn good beers (and being able to do the same with them)

2) see #1

3) doing my first trade with @esktime (of which I need to bring another Hipster Brunch tomorrow - didn't bring sharing beers and cracked one of my trade beers after talking to @esktime first to make sure he was cool with me bringing him the other one tomorrow)

4) see #1

On a more serious note, I'd prefer any/all bottle releases to go the ticketed route as they just seem to be more structured. That being said, if given the option to pick up a case of this via ticket vs. the experience of meeting some damn good people, and enjoying some damn good beers, I'd choose the latter (holy fucking run-on comma filled sentence). My form looked like this when filled out: 2 cases BBPT5, 1 4 pack 2014 BBPT5, 1 4 pack Bourbrum, and 1 4 pack Sarsaparilla 666, and I'm guessing I shouldn't have any issues getting said beers.

Just want to say thanks to Dark Horse for allowing the bottle sharing (in spite of all the blatant asshats who couldn't walk the 10ft to throw their bottles away and just littered the place). I'd also like to thank those who shared some awesome bottles (Griffin Claw's Bourbon Barrel Pumpkin - can't remember the name, the Central Waters barrel aged stuff - awesome, my first taste of a 3 Floyd's beer - Alpha Klaus I believe, Abraxas, etc.....)

I'm planning on stopping in to the party tomorrow around 1-2 (pickup time of 2:45) and enjoying the shit out of myself. Thank you again to those I was fortunate enough to meet and share some awesome beers with tonight. Can't wait to have a beer with you guys/gals tomorrow too.

Edit: Thanks @esktime for making my first trade awesome. I'd bring something crazy tomorrow, but I think you've already had everything I can offer lol (on second thought...I have some options you likely haven't tried.) The way you and your group included me like I was somebody you'd known forever was cool to say the least.

Robdiesel21 likes this.
  8. nnutthowze09

nnutthowze09 Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2014 Illinois

Anybody else told that the amount of cases listed was inaccurate, when I picked up my wristband I was informed that there was more than listed on the sheet and a greater number of people would get the allotment of 2 cases (without factoring in those that don't buy both)

9. Robdiesel21

Robdiesel21 Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2014 Michigan

what ticket number are you?

10. BigSpeen3436

BigSpeen3436 Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2013 Ohio

Got there at 11:45am and got #176.

Stinger80OH likes this.
  11. mich34

mich34 Initiate (56) Jan 5, 2015 Michigan

I was next to the table, glad he got tossed.

core42 likes this.
  12. craigo19

craigo19 Initiate (187) Oct 12, 2009 Michigan

Got there at 9:30 and I am #82. Met a bunch of great people and had a great time!

13. AndyEdgar

AndyEdgar Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2014 Illinois

anyone get a number recently?

14. wyckyd_sceptre

wyckyd_sceptre Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2013 Pennsylvania

That was my friends cousin that he came up with. They are on a Michigan beercation and he doesn't usually drink craft beer. The whole group got tossed. Glad I didn't drive with them. (Oh and it wasn't the first or last place he was kicked out of, dumb motherfucker)

15. ErikO60102

ErikO60102 Initiate (74) May 16, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Got lucky #666 @ 9:45 last night for anyone looking to gauge.

16. BaseballNBeer

BaseballNBeer Initiate (126) Apr 22, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

It sounds like he's got a lot to learn about muling.

17. spike8382

spike8382 Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2015 Indiana

Other than Superman wannabe, it sounds like a good event. The security detail never showed up, lesson learned, they couldn't have prevented stupid from happening. The coordinators tried to get people to clean up their bottles and trash, but it seems that several tables were set up like a trophy shrine for others to gaze upon in envy as they passed by. Wouldn't surprise me if the picnic tables disappear before next year's event.

#337 spike8382, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Bung likes this.
  18. wyckyd_sceptre

wyckyd_sceptre Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2013 Pennsylvania

Please tell me someone took pics of the carnage

19. niner99

niner99 Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2014 Michigan

[​IMG]

We must have been right in front of you. This is the table that Jackass dove across. Also, someone from around that group a little earlier, threw a bottle up against the building. Besides these two incidents, everyone was very cool.

bowzer4birdie likes this.
  20. BobCobb

BobCobb Aspirant (296) Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Note to self:

Leave a few broken empties, jagged side up, casually interspersed throughout bottleshare table.

21. core42

core42 Zealot (556) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

How many in line right now?

I assume the line for 2016 has already started

beergorrilla and red94tt like this.
  22. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

Love the new format, the weather was so god damn amazing. Looking forward to today.

23. Helikoopter

Helikoopter Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2014 Canada (ON)

3 hours away....should I turn back or does someone want to fill out an order for me?

24. bassfishingguy

bassfishingguy Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2014 Michigan

Definitely show up. They'll have some good ass beers on tap, and you'll likely get invited to share some bottles with some great people. Also, I'm guessing there will be at least a few people there willing to part with some bottle of BBPT5 (and anything else you may be seeking).

If today is even remotely close to as enjoyable as last night, you'll have a blast.

25. adapt313

adapt313 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2015 Michigan

So with this new format is there any chance of picking up any bbpt5 today once all of the orders have been processed and picked up or is it gonna be totally sold out? Will probably make the trip when I get off of work either way but definitely hoping to grab some bottles.

26. Lazhal

Lazhal Devotee (477) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Number 724 as of 10am this morning.

The guys taking orders were really nice and told me...

They should have enough for everyone.
    The majority of folks took full allocations.
    Right around 800 might be the cutoff.

If you are looking for beer, I'd get there in the next couple hours. Good luck everyone.

LambicPentameter likes this.
  27. westlaunboy

westlaunboy Initiate (190) Mar 31, 2010 Washington
    Trader

Anyone know what order # they're on now? According to the schedule they should be around #215.

28. ohiobeer29

ohiobeer29 Defender (649) Feb 2, 2013 Ohio

Sounds look like a great time looks like I'll add this to my beer events for next year seems the dark horse ticket system is working out this year

29. spike8382

Friend came in and grabbed a form. #748 at 11:15.

30. drazcon

drazcon Initiate (0) Apr 26, 2015 Oregon

Lines have been quick. There was recently an announcement from the stage that they're accepting orders up to 420...

31. Helikoopter

Helikoopter Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2014 Canada (ON)

I arrive about 10 to 2 and received bracelet 791.

32. spike8382

Fantastic party. Perfect weather. Good luck in 2016!

Tlab3 and szmnnl99 like this.
  33. jameds

jameds Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2014 California

Why u mad bro?

34. WillHuberm

WillHuberm Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2015 Germany

reading comprehension tells me he's explaining why he's agreeing with the decision that his cousin's friend was tossed, and that he's relieved he didn't drive to the event with the asshat.

35. jameds

jameds Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2014 California

Putting my great grandparents in an oven was cool, but this is taking it all little too far. Honestly, I don't know why everyone is so butt hurt about this. I'll write a review for this bro so you all can cheer up.

A. A table next to a bunch of dudes waiting in the woods for 11 hours to turn in a piece of paper.

S. Hints of white middle class men searching desperately for a cultural tribe.

T. Highly influenced by groupthink decisions of what is good.

M. Pretty sharp for that guy, I would guess.

36. westlaunboy

westlaunboy Initiate (190) Mar 31, 2010 Washington
    Trader

I'm not sure what position you're arguing.

Fargrow likes this.
  37. bshadley7

bshadley7 Initiate (97) May 31, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

First person ever to drop acid and get on BA

38. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Nebraska

I would usually post some snarky comment about not posting while drunk, but this seems a little esoteric for alcohol.

Maybe peyote is the culprit here? (EDIT: or acid, or shrooms--good call @bshadley7)

Either way, I have no idea what @jameds is talking about.

39. Boosully

Boosully Initiate (139) Apr 8, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Cocoa Nibbler really suprised me. Delicious!

fredmugs and BigSpeen3436 like this.
  40. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan

@jameds , you need to post more to the site please and thank you! Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.